Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Jade is a looker. That driver was pretty sweet. Kairi elbow to the outside was great. One of my top 5 favorite moves in all of wrestling is the insane elbow.

Now hopefully we get at least a 4 star quality match between Sami and Gunther, because these have all been Raw quality matches.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

As of this very second in time, is Gunther the favorite to win the next MITB? Punk?

I'd go with no.  Zero reason to cheapen a Gunther title win with a gimmick

Rock looked great for being gone basically a decade.  I still think he holds the bloodline back for the old swerve leading to a ss match.  Planted the seeds with the Roman spear but we'll see. Agreed Sammi prob shouldn't have been the guy to dethrone Gunther but it clearly was the crspest best wrestled match of the night

On 4/2/2024 at 11:47 AM, TOUCAN said:

Which is a shame because he was hot for awhile there. They really should have opted into giving LA Knight that briefcase

Thing is, LA Knight would be in the same position as Priest.  People seem to forget that Priest got that case before Rock and Punk both came back, and that Roman was always going to get within enough distance of Hogan's reign that that could spin it (as they kind of did) even if he didn't get there - even though the fact that he was never going to threaten Bruno's record always made the thing kind of moot to me.  In a way, I'm glad, given the way things have unfolded, Knight didn't get it, because it would have been a harder recovery for a guy who is, and probably will remain for a while, a crowd favorite babyface.

Now, the reality is that after Roman has had such a lengthy reign (and the same with Gunther), they don't need to have guys go on reigns longer than 6 months  for some time - so if Drew wins, especially if they want to keep Priest as a heel, you have him cash in on Drew after a successful defense at Clash at the Castle in his (actual) home country and Damian will heat up again pretty quick.

But ultimately, I think Hunter knows he's not going to be able to fix all of Vince's mistakes (not saying Priest getting the case was that) in one weekend.

19 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

That’s one thing I don’t like. Roman got hit with two straight cross Rhodes and it didn’t even effect him. 

The standard has always been three and that got teased-but-foiled.  It took three to put Seth away at HIAC - logic suggests it should be at least the same to put Roman away.

Also, the flexibility of Bloodline Rules meaning "Anything Goes" gives them the out of it being able to be Falls Count Anywhere (you just set the bait by having Roman go for a pin outside the ring earlier in the match and have Rock tell the official to count it and your precedent is set) and you can have Cody perform a Cross Rhodes through something or on something and go straight to the pin.

20 minutes ago, Mox said:

AEW has to let Dustin show up tomorrow 

The Rock-neutralizer will likely be either Austin or Hunter.  The scuttlebutt has been Austin and Cena as they were teased, in a sense, during the Cody rain beatdown.

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

The standard has always been three and that got teased-but-foiled.  It took three to put Seth away at HIAC - logic suggests it should be at least the same to put Roman away.

Also, the flexibility of Bloodline Rules meaning "Anything Goes" gives them the out of it being able to be Falls Count Anywhere (you just set the bait by having Roman go for a pin outside the ring earlier in the match and have Rock tell the official to count it and your precedent is set) and you can have Cody perform a Cross Rhodes through something or on something and go straight to the pin.

I don’t mind if it doesn’t put him away. But he was hit with a finisher back to back, and 10 seconds later he’s just standing up walking around unfazed.