Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Just now, beekay414 said:

No, not with the timing of when they're deciding to do it, if they do it, and how they reacted on Wednesday with Copeland. Sometimes silence is deafening but I guess Tony never learned that lesson.

Agreed. It's unfortunate 

52 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, airing the Punk-Perry footage does nothing really. Nobody cares about Jack Perry lol and Punk's not your problem anymore!

I mean there's probably been as much talk about this in the last 12 hours on here, during the biggest WWE weekend of the year, as there has been AEW talk in the last couple months.🤷‍♂️ It's absolutely one of the biggest IWC stories at the moment when it would be normally the absolute quietest day of the year for AEW talk. 

49 minutes ago, Mox said:

I could kind of get behind it if it was all a long term plan to bring JB back and get him more over.

I'm pretty sure the plan all along (since the all in "suspension") was to repackage JB in Japan and bring him back as a member of The Elite. I'd also guess Tony and The Bucks have kept this angle (either the actual footage or the troll) in their back pockets in a "break glass if CM Punk says anything" way. They've pretty much avoided anything overtly/blatantly Punk related on air until his interview. 

• Like 1

Only match I got wrong last night was Gunther/Zayn.  I rated last night a 7/10.  I think tonight is going to be a movie.

Predictions:

Night 2 predictions:

Rollins retain

The Pride wins

La Knight wins

Logan Paul retains

Bayley wins

Cody wins finally due to interference from the Rock, Solo, Jimmy, Jey, Austin and Cena

24 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Only match I got wrong last night was Gunther/Zayn.  I rated last night a 7/10.  I think tonight is going to be a movie.

Predictions:

Night 2 predictions:

Rollins retain

The Pride wins

La Knight wins

Logan Paul retains

Bayley wins

Cody wins finally due to interference from the Rock, Solo, Jimmy, Jey, Austin and Cena

Rollins retains, but Priest cashes in. 

7 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Khan is so pathetic. Wwe lives rent free in his head. He can’t handle any criticism. He’s just a spoiled rich kid. 

I dunno why people always feel the need to insult others in such discussion. I'd wish that the IWC would get rid of that hatred.

But besides that, if we're talking about that we'd also have to talk about WWE.

All week the likes of Punk, HHH and McAfee are taking shots against AEW. I don't know what they are trying to accomplish, but all they are doing is taking away a good portion of the attention from Mania and give it to AEW. Day 1 of Mania is over and yet some talk isn't about the show, but the footage of the incident, just because Punk did that interview and WWE is poking the bear. In my mind, that's not something i'd like to have if i'd be in WWE shoes. I guess, they are doing it to please their egos (Punk, HHH) or to get attention (McAfee), but it's still unnecessary. Even more, because they aren't only attacking AEW, but also the people, who haven't done anything in the past, besides signing a contract with AEW, instead of WWE, just like Ospreay did. And yet Punk makes fun of his tattoo and HHH questions that he "isn't in it for the grind." I mean come on. We're talking about Will f'n Ospreay, the guy who worked every small and big stage all around the world for multiple years to make a name for himself. Don't tell him, that he "isn't in it for the grind", just because you might be mad, that he hasn't signed with your company. That's really sad and in all this back and forth banter between each other, the most annoying thing to me this entire week, as they also direct the hatred towards a worker, who has done nothing wrong to either side.

Ofc they also accomplished a reaction by Tony Khan, but will it help them? I don't think so. AEW just gets some attention from the Mania weekend. We dunno what the footage will show, but i guess if they are willing to show it, it must at least paint Punk in a bad picture (that he was lying or heavily understating what he did and he already admitting some choking, which basically can already be called an assault), or it will be a good showing for Perry, to stand his ground against a guy who's bigger than he is and who had MMA training before. I guess it's more likely that one of those two things happened, maybe even both. I wouldn't recommend showing the footage otherwise. But i also wouldn't recommend showing the footage, if you're not doing a story with it, so we'll have to see about that as well, to have a final judgement on the matter. If they want to capitalise on it, than they need to set up Perry for a return in the upcoming weeks based on the footage.

Ofc it's also still questionable, if they need to do it, after the promo Copeland did, but i can also understand, why they would do it, after WWE is taking shots all week. If they have something up their sleeves, than i don't mind them saying f it and finally show it. Up until this point they'd normally declined to comment on it, besides the original statement, that was kind of necessary to save All Out in Chicago, which that statement managed to do. But other than that i think Khan has stayed quiet on that incident. With all the **** he's getting all the time, which is sometimes justified, but especially considering the amount of personal insults and hatred he gets, also often unjustified, i can see why he'd finally want to show it to the world. Maybe that's necessary to move on. I dunno. But that's not up to me to decide.

Edited by Edge

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

Drew deserves his moment for carrying the company during the Pandemic. 

Can't hurt for contract negotiation purposes either, even though I don't think Drew is gonna jump to AEW if he doesn't win.

Just got done watching day one.

The production is just SO top notch. The best way I can explain it is WWE looks like it's in HD compared to every other company ever. The rapid cut camera angles seems to have slowed down a bit. It's been my biggest issue with WWE for years now. It was just distracting rather than making it unwatchable to me though so that's a step. 

Ripley is SO good. Like GWOAT good. I really don't get the Becky Lynch love though. I think she straight up sucks. 

So much talent and so many cool spots in the mens tag matches but they bookended them by weirdly and loudly emphasing that the TT division is pretty much nothing but a joke. 

The Usos match kinda sucked. That's got to be about as big of a dream situation as brothers in wrestling could have. Culminating a threeish years storyline on the biggest stage of them all and then delivering that. It's really a shame. 

Everybody looked good in the women's trio match but it was totally forgettable. 

People on here were poopooing on the Sami win but it was a really good match and the crowd seemed to love it. Gunther is legit in the BITW conversation right now. Easily the MOTN.

The ME was solid/fine. Rock did more than I expected. Couldn't shake the feeling it didn't matter the whole time and that it was just obviously killing time and building to night 2 though. On top of that is seemed to spend a lot of time pointing at the ending of tonight's ME being a giant kerfuffle no one is going to be stoked about. 

I'm pretty confident regardless of who wins between Seth/Drew, Priest is cashing in. Especially since the tag belt is off Priest/Finn now. The table has been set for Priest.

Drew beats a gimpy Seth, then Judgement Day turns on Drew as he celebrates, and Priest cashes in.
Drew wins MITB. Cashes in on Priest.

If Seth wins, then Priest cashes in, Seth will turn on Cody for not having his back.

Edited by Jeezla

Damn that was pretty dominant W for Drew. Just about steamrolled Seth.

Yah, Priest cash in doesn't make much sense after taking that little damage.

Ok lol.

Edited by Jeezla