Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff said:

The spot of hitting Seth… who was in shield gear in the back with a chair….just perfect lol. 

Jesus

Making him getting a little revenge costing him the title was a nice touch

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

It had to be Taker. He IS Wrestlmania. If I was there when the bell hit I would’ve shat myself

Also he is the quintessential locker-room enforcer so it makes kayfabe sense for him to be the one to put a stop to the Rock's shenanigans

Just now, THE DUKE said:

What will be the big thing on the Raw after Mania? They usually try to get something noteworthy there.

They apparently signed Jacob Fatu but I'm not sure they'd put him right up on the main roster right away. Is Sheamus ready to return?

32 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

What will be the big thing on the Raw after Mania? They usually try to get something noteworthy there.

Announce the Draft. Both HW belts on Raw now.

It was a great main event. My main nitpick was the lack of the bloodline for the first 3/4s of the match. The whole point of bloodline rules was that they were allowed to be there. 

By not having them out there at the start, it made me feel like it telegraphed that nothing matters until they all show up.

The other issue I have is with the booking of Rollins. All that stuff about Cody killing his character by giving his mania shot to the rock, that all applies to Rollins too rolling all but the away his title match against McIntyre and still threw himself under the bus in an effort to save Cody. What did he get for his troubles? Lost vs Rock/reigns and lost title. I get that there is a nuanced redemption story folded in since he is a face and they wanted to tell the story of his guilt in"creating" roman. The chairshot by Reigns was terrific story telling there. 

I feel like Rollins needs time off and Cody should announce on Raw that Rollins gets a shot at his title once healthy.

All the run-ins were a great time (although the glass shatter would have been better than the gong), but the shield callback being Roman’s ultimate demise probably could not have been done any better. 

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

They kept trying to temper expectations for the match because apparently Becky was sick with strep throat all week? Might've played into why it wasn't up to par with some all-time bangers like it could have been. 

It's also a case that it's not like they can't run this back fairly soon down the line.  Charlotte's out until mid-to-late fall, most likely.  Racquel's health issue flared up again so she's in limbo - and in need of a gimmick/storyline booster before she's ready for that kind of main event anyway.  There is obvious, yet-still-subtle groundwork already laid for Rhea/Bianca, but that's probably earmarked for this time next year unless Jade really gets the proverbial rocket strapped to her back (and makes leaps and bounds in his in-ring development).  Rhea/Becky II at SummerSlam is a definite possibility, I'd say.