Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

27 minutes ago, Mox said:

The only reason you show that footage is if it benefits someone. It didn't. Dumb

The only thing I can think of is that they’ll get a ratings bump for one week.

Ultimately, they missed the opportunity to have their money match over a year ago. The ratings haven’t recovered since the brawl out incident 

Punk and FTR vs Bucks/ Omega was the biggest match that people wanted to see

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

They have gone home heat

I disagree. I was in Greensboro and the Bucks were still getting cheered during Sting's retirement match. Jericho has go  home heat. Sammy/Tay had go home heat. It'll take a lot more than beefing with CM Punk to get the Bucks to that level. 

3 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Obviously the footage was vanilla but all of this is pushing Jack Perry's stock for me. I just hope he's not immediately a weasel heel. 

That's literally all he can work at this point.  He was buried by his own friends, and this is a guy who is supposed to be, I guess, one of the pillars of the company.

This whole thing just reeked of little brother syndrome - which was a recurring theme of the night.  And what's sad is that whether they consciously cut time from it or not, for an angle that was - by Tony's own admission - supposed to being done to hype Dynamite and Dynasty, they shortchanged segment time that could have gone towards their World Title feud, which actually has had good build and a lot of people interested, in order to give the Jacksons more time to be self-indulgent in a program where they're probably going to put themselves over - because of Cash's legal situation.

Tony's rightfully been getting cooked on socials for this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I disagree. I was in Greensboro and the Bucks were still getting cheered during Sting's retirement match. Jericho has go  home heat. Sammy/Tay had go home heat. It'll take a lot more than beefing with CM Punk to get the Bucks to that level. 

Aew absolutely needs to wash their hands of the Young Bucks. What do they bring to the table? Aew won’t be around in 2 years if they don’t make changes.

Those are pockets of diehard fans. Most people find their act cringe. Self indulgent and over pushed on TV. They tank the ratings every week.

Prime examples of why active wrestlers shouldn’t be in management. They chased off their two biggest stars who are now in their direct opposition and helped evelate it. 

15 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Aew absolutely needs to wash their hands of the Young Bucks. What do they bring to the table? Aew won’t be around in 2 years if they don’t make changes.

Those are pockets of diehard fans. Most people find their act cringe. Self indulgent and over pushed on TV. They tank the ratings every week.

Prime examples of why active wrestlers shouldn’t be in management. They chased off their two biggest stars who are now in their direct opposition and helped evelate it. 

What do they bring to the table? What? This conversation isn't worth having. Tell HHH they bring nothing to the table when he tried to sign them to huge deals 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

What do they bring to the table? What? This conversation isn't worth having. Tell HHH they bring nothing to the table when he tried to sign them to huge deals 

The Young Bucks worth 2 years ago is not the same as now. They are about as cold as an act on Aew TV outside Jericho

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The Young Bucks worth 2 years ago is not the same as now. They are about as cold as an act on Aew TV outside Jericho

Yeah man I can tell you this isn't true but I understand you feel that way. It's also funny to hear things like "chased off CM Punk" as if he hasn't had issues literally everywhere he's been or if he didn't **** on all of them in public but the Bucks are in the wrong for approaching him with head of HR and getting attacked lol

I get ya man, you don't like the Bucks and the AEW product is cold right now. That doesn't mean they need to get rid of the bucks, surely you understand that'd be a bit silly 

• Like 1

I dunno if anybody has watched NJPW Windy City Riot. Mox is new IWGP World Champion, but the man of the night was Jack Perry, who was the most over guy in that building. If they're playing it right, the next couple of months could be a lot of fun, if that kind of heat translates to other cities.

• Like 1

Nah, it was just great stuff. There were "CM Punk" and "F CM Punk" Chants. There were "you got choked out" and "no he didn't" Chants. And Jack played along very well with the crowd. Give the man his due . It was great.

Edit: Ofc. there were also other chants, like "GTS" and Perry immediately put Shota in position for the move. There were also loud "Scapegoat" Chants replacing some Punk Chants.

Whether you like or hate the decision of showing the video. I guess it probably wasn't the smartest decision to show it. After seeing it, i wouldn't have done it. If you wanted to put it out just put it on social media. Everything else that you did in the segment, you could have done as well.

But if i'm watching his appearance at Windy City Riot, than i guess nobody can deny, that for the very short term it didn't work out as bad as a lot of people said it would. Just based of this appearance it actually worked out very fine.

Will it be sustainable? I dunno. Will it work out in AEW? I dunno. If it works at the beginning, can AEW keep it going? I dunno. But would he have gotten that respons by the audience, if it wasn't for the footage? No, i'm pretty sure on that.

I also have to add and correct myself from earlier. I said that he got heat and that's true, but when he played along, he turned the majority of fans, who then cheered for him. If you haven't watched it, go check out at least that match. I tell you, it's worth it.

Edited by Edge

I'm just saying, the clips didn't show the reaction you're saying he got. It came off as relatively timid to an outsider tbh. I'm not saying he didn't get that reaction, I'm just saying those clips didn't show it. One would've had to watch the show to know whether that was true or not.

Edited by beekay414

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm just saying, the clips didn't show the reaction you're saying he got. It came off as relatively timid to an outsider tbh. I'm not saying he didn't get that reaction, I'm just saying those clips didn't show it. One would've had to watch the show to know whether that was true or not.

Actually watching something before you give your opinion on it?

Sir, this is the internet.

• Like 1