Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

15 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

OK what are the guesses for what Rock handed Cody?

The scuttlebutt is that Cody gifted Rolex watches for all of the four of the guys in that N1 main event (which adds another bit of heart pull for the Rolex that Hunter, Nick Khan, and Bruce Pritchard got Cody to commemorate his title win - which was the same model as the one Dusty had once owned and promised he'd give to Cody when he won his first World Title but Dusty ended up pawning to pay for Cody and his sister's acting school).  So if what Rock handed Cody was his gift back, that's got some teeth.

Edit: If it's the original watch that'd be something, too.  But that muddies Rock's character a little.  Maybe the timing would have been right that instead of "pawning" the watch he sold it to Rock (who was just starting to pull in quality Hollywood money at that time).  But unless they're planning to face-turn Rock in a "you've got to earn it" kind of storyline, I'm not sure where the Rolex wouldn't have been brought up sooner or if they were going to have him bloody up Cody and antagonize Dusty's widow.

Edited by Dr LBC

16 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That segment took 45 minutes… my god.

And?  It should have.  That gives credence to Cody being the new "the guy."  If I remember correctly the Raw after Mania Roman segment where he just stood there and let the crowd get their boos out and pulled the whole, "I can wait" bit, that pushed excess of 30 minutes.  And that was one of the hallmarks of the ascendancy of Roman's Tribal Chief character arc.

Based on this wording i'm convinced they are showing the real footage of the Perry/Punk incident and use it to set up Perry for a return and an affiliation with the Bucks and the new Elite. Based on Tony Khan mentioning Dynasty, i also think they're using the footage to set up the story for the Bucks vs. FTR match at Dynasty.

If they execute it well enough, this could be an interesting and great way to include the footage in their shows. As i said a few days ago, if they show it, it needs to help their product and set up some kind of story. If they set up 2 stories, i'd be fine with it.

“AEW has a great track record on delivering what we advertise, and it is real footage,”

“The decision is based on putting on the best show for AEW, as well as driving interest for Dynamite and our Dynasty pay-per-view on April 21,” said Khan. “This is real-life footage that affected many people, and it will air for the first time on TBS during Dynamite.”

https://www.si.com/fannation/wrestling/tony-khan-on-backstage-wembley-footage

The one thing I really hated about WrestleMania and maybe it is a small thing, but airing an ad for the behind-the-scenes piece that will talk about how the main event plans had to change is too kayfabe-breaking for me.  I get things are different and when you do it in an interview it is one thing, but I found it odd to air that clip during the actual show.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

And?  It should have.  That gives credence to Cody being the new "the guy."  If I remember correctly the Raw after Mania Roman segment where he just stood there and let the crowd get their boos out and pulled the whole, "I can wait" bit, that pushed excess of 30 minutes.  And that was one of the hallmarks of the ascendancy of Roman's Tribal Chief character arc.

Disagree. Could’ve /shouldve chopped at least 10 minutes. At least. 

I don’t like these long talking segments in wrestling , but that’s the way it’s going. 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Disagree. Could’ve /shouldve chopped at least 10 minutes. At least. 

I don’t like these long talking segments in wrestling , but that’s the way it’s going. 

Agreed, 5-10 mins could have been cut. The slow talking, pauses from the rock doesn’t help.

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Agreed, 5-10 mins could have been cut. The slow talking, pauses from the rock doesn’t help.

That's cuz Rock was legit thrown off by the crowd response; wasn't what he was expecting.  His tells are pretty obvious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

That's cuz Rock was legit thrown off by the crowd response; wasn't what he was expecting.  His tells are pretty obvious.

Yeah I think even though he is playing the heel role he expected more love and was definitely put off his stride by it 

On 4/8/2024 at 4:25 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

No way. Paul took Roman to the next level. Roman without Paul goes back to being a mediocre mic worker who only wrestles once a month. He needs Paul to carry his storyline. But he could manage someone else too. 

Roman as a heel, particularly as THIS heel he is/was, was absolutely impeccable as far as a mic worker goes. Now him not being there is a whole other thing.

17 hours ago, iknowcool said:

The one thing I really hated about WrestleMania and maybe it is a small thing, but airing an ad for the behind-the-scenes piece that will talk about how the main event plans had to change is too kayfabe-breaking for me.  I get things are different and when you do it in an interview it is one thing, but I found it odd to air that clip during the actual show.

I personally am very excited to watch this. Dives inside the mind. I really want to know what was GOING to happen initially. In the ad, Triple H says that the card was 80% finished, and I wonder just how different that 20% remainder would've made it.

5 hours ago, TOUCAN said:

I personally am very excited to watch this. Dives inside the mind. I really want to know what was GOING to happen initially. In the ad, Triple H says that the card was 80% finished, and I wonder just how different that 20% remainder would've made it.

It isn't that I don't care to watch it.  I just think airing it during the show breaks the immersion.  It felt weird watching that an hour or two before the main event.  But I've never been a big fan of how much the line is blurred nowadays.  It is why I generally don't like shoot promos.  It can be done right, but you have to be able to maintain that illusion.

Breaking kayfabe, at least in my opinion, should only happen before or after shows.  It shouldn't be done during the show unless absolutely necessary (ie death).  

Edited by iknowcool