Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

12 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Yeah I think even though he is playing the heel role he expected more love and was definitely put off his stride by it 

Pretty much.  I think he was expecting - in no small part because of the response he got from the Memphis crowd when he did the Rock concert - to get that Cool Heel heat and the Philly crowd is a tough crowd to expect to get that from unless the cool heel that's burying them the crowd is one of their own (either from Philly themselves or an accepted member of the community) like Bubba Ray Dudley - and even then Bubba was still getting nuclear heat and wasn't really considered "cool" when he was putting fans... and their wives... and their moms on blast in the ECW Arena.

That was it?  Tony really greenlit that for a poor hotshot ratings grab and so that the Bucks could kayfabe a jumpoff point for heat with FTR?  There are more negative narratives that can and may spinoff from this than remotely positive ones.  IMO it just makes Tony look completely cucked by the Jacksons when he's the wallet so, whether they like it or not, he's their boss.

Well that was underwhelming. Obviously you can't walk up on a coworker, talk ish, push them, kinda choke them, and lunge at your boss. That's justifiably getting 99.9% of people fired. I expected it to make CM Punk look worse but but it was pretty much what's been rumored the whole time. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

Well that was underwhelming. Obviously you can't walk up on a coworker, talk ish, push them, kinda choke them, and lunge at your boss. That's justifiably getting 99.9% of people fired. I expected it to make CM Punk look worse but but it was pretty much what's been rumored the whole time. 🤷‍♂️

If this was an isolated incident, I don't think it amounts to much

All AEW did was put more eyes on Punk and what he does next. Just a bad decision. The only reason you play the actual footage is if what happened is so bad it makes people turn on Punk. But your average wrestling fan who goes to the shows and watches TV doesn’t care about a push and a headlock backstage 

Edited by iknowcool

27 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

If this was an isolated incident, I don't think it amounts to much

Nah. LIS, that alone is getting 99.9% of people fired as a first strike. It's indisputably not an isolated incident though and he was already the .1% and then pulled this.

The footage clearly shows him being the excessively aggressive ah0le that everybody already knows he is.

The thing is everybody knows Punk is a ridiculously cranky volatile ah0le dbag and yet people stick up for him and there's almost no way anyone who apologizes for Punk is going to change their mind.

It's the whole "I could stand in the middle of 5th Ave and shoot someone." thing so I assumed it was at the very least that. 

Such an unforced error. Tony needs to grow a backbone and move on and ignore every shot WWE takes for the next 2 years, and mandate the talent ignore it too.

Edited by Mox

15 minutes ago, Mox said:

Such an unforced error. Tony needs to grow a backbone and move on and ignore every shot WWE takes for the next 2 years, and mandate the talent ignore it too.

Yeah I have no idea why someone with Punk's volatility is the one you have handling these types of issues anyways. Total miscalculation on upper management's part in AEW there. Just feels like the whole inmates running the asylum thing right now. 

AEW isn't really my cup of tea but I'm hoping they stay afloat. 

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah I have no idea why someone with Punk's volatility is the one you have handling these types of issues anyways. Total miscalculation on upper management's part in AEW there. Just feels like the whole inmates running the asylum thing right now. 

AEW isn't really my cup of tea but I'm hoping they stay afloat. 

The only reason you show that footage is if it benefits someone. It didn't. Dumb

• Like 2