Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

So apparantly AEW is really showing the real footage from All In at the next Dynamite. SRS said the same via his sources. So that's going to be very interesting. First of all, i'm pretty sure they aren't just doing it to take a piss on Punk for his interview. I wouldn't be a fan of this, even if he's lying. That would be something to publish on social media and not in the shows. But i think they'd want to build up Perry for a return. Explain his absence via the footage and bring him back via the Bucks as that's a move that would fit their current heel EVP gimmick and that's something i'd be okay with, because it helps the new character of Perry.

And if that's true, which it probably isn't, that could be a way to accomplish it.

Edited by Edge

6 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

The Rock-neutralizer will likely be either Austin or Hunter.  The scuttlebutt has been Austin and Cena as they were teased, in a sense, during the Cody rain beatdown.

It won’t be Austin. There’s zero reason for it to be. No hint of a feud. No mention of him. They aren’t going to just have him show up out of the blue to help Cody and fight the rock. It’ll be someone on the main roster that makes sense in the storyline. 

6 hours ago, Edge said:

So apparantly AEW is really showing the real footage from All In at the next Dynamite. SRS said the same via his sources. So that's going to be very interesting. First of all, i'm pretty sure they aren't just doing it to take a piss on Punk for his interview. I wouldn't be a fan of this, even if he's lying. That would be something to publish on social media and not in the shows. But i think they'd want to build up Perry for a return. Explain his absence via the footage and bring him back via the Bucks as that's a move that would fit their current heel EVP gimmick and that's something i'd be okay with, because it helps the new character of Perry.

And if that's true, which it probably isn't, that could be a way to accomplish it.

Khan is so pathetic. Wwe lives rent free in his head. He can’t handle any criticism. He’s just a spoiled rich kid. 

9 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

The Rock-neutralizer will likely be either Austin or Hunter.  The scuttlebutt has been Austin and Cena as they were teased, in a sense, during the Cody rain beatdown.

Zero percent chance it's hunter. He has no beef with bloodline and it simply would look dumb.

Most likely if it's the end of the bloodline stuff you'll see all the guys who've fought them for months. Jey, ko, Sami etc

• Like 1

Rhea/Becky was a solid match, but slightly disappointing if only because my expectations were pretty damn high.  I was expecting this match to reach the level of recent WrestleMania Women's Championship matches (Becky/Bianca, Bianca/Sasha, Charlotte/Rhea), but it didn't.  Still a strong way to kick off the show.  I'll give it a B.

The Ladder match had some fun spots, but not much we haven't seen before.  The right teams won.  Grayson and Theory have loads of chemistry together as partners.  Truth and Miz are over with the fans.  I felt like this match could have used someone with more athleticism.  A lot of the wrestlers in this match are 35+ years old, which eliminated a lot of big spot potential.  There were some cool moments like Gargano's DDT on Dunne through a table, but again nothing crazy compared to previous WrestleMania ladder matches.  B-

I forgot how smooth and precise Andrade is in the ring.  I would have liked to see Dom and Santos get a W here, but I understand not having Andrade take a loss in his return (albeit in a tag team match).  I couldn't have cared less about the Kelce/Johnson appearance at the end, but the fans liked it.  B-

Jey vs Jimmy reminds me so much of Triple H vs Randy Orton from WM 25, except (mercifully) not as long and not positioned as the main event.  But this has to be one of the most disappointing WrestleMania matches that I can recall.  You have a great story that has been built over the last year.  Jimmy has cost Jey multiple titles.  The two are brothers who can no longer stand one another.  And you have a standard, slow wrestling match?  It would be easy to blame the performers, but I think this was a big miss by the WWE creative.  Maybe they didn't want to overbook the match because that was the plan for the main event, but this rivalry/match needed it.  This was BAD.  Lets hope they don't extend it any further because Jey is a star and he should move on.  His charisma is the only reason this isn't an F.  D-

I know Damage CTRL holds titles, but they seem to lose every major match they are put in.  I expected it here and it was the right call given Jade was debuting, but still.  This was an okay match, but I think it was hurt by Jey/Jimmy being such a dud.  It would have been better following a match that was hot.  Wonder if Bianca/Jade vs Asuka/Kairi for the titles is a possibility.  C+

Gunther/Zayn wasn't as good as most Gunther matches (which is a testament to how good he is), but it was still very good.  However, I'm not sure if I am the biggest fan of the finish.  When has Gunther ever been one to not finish off an opponent when he has the chance?  I know they have shown him getting increasingly cockier, but for him to spam big moves and not go for the cover doesn't fall in line with his character.  I know they needed to keep him strong in defeat because he is destined to be World Champion, but I didn't like that.  Zayn winning doesn't really do it for me either, but I get it.  B

I'm impressed that the main event lasted 45 minutes long yet didn't feel like it was dragging.  It went exactly how it was supposed to.  Do I love Cody Rhodes eating a pin before his main event match tonight?  Not really, but it was the only choice they had when they pivoted to this tag match (can't have Rock lose when his Final Boss character is just beginning, Reigns' next loss has to be when he loses the world title, and Rollins couldn't take back-to-back pins assuming he loses tonight).  I didn't know what to expect from The Rock, but he looked good enough.  He's not nearly as smooth with his movements as he used to be, for obvious reasons, and he's pretty clunky.  But he made up for it in other ways.  A

It was a solid Night One that could have been better.  

Edited by iknowcool

12 hours ago, Jeezla said:

As of this very second in time, is Gunther the favorite to win the next MITB? Punk?

If Gunther wins, I hope the plan would be for him to tell the champion when he's challenging for the title in advance.  RVD and Cena are still the only 2 to have done it unless I'm blanking on someone.  It would make sense given Gunther's character to be the 3rd, especially to do it for Bash in Berlin.

Edited by iknowcool

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Roman accidentally speared Rock last night. Does Rock "accidentally" cost Roman the title tonight?  Or does Cody win clean?

He should win clean. But they will definitely set up Roman vs. Rock in some way.

AEW was handling the Punk interview fine. Then they addressed it Wednesday. Okay, move on. Now they're gonna show the footage? How is that necessary?

If they are using it to bring back Perry, that makes more sense, that will get a reaction, but the timing is suspect.

Punk doesn't even matter going forward. His best days are way behind him. Move on and move forward. 

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

Rhea/Becky was a solid match, but slightly disappointing if only because my expectations were pretty damn high.  I was expecting this match to reach the level of recent WrestleMania Women's Championship matches (Becky/Bianca, Bianca/Sasha, Charlotte/Rhea), but it didn't.  Still a strong way to kick off the show.  I'll give it a B.

They kept trying to temper expectations for the match because apparently Becky was sick with strep throat all week? Might've played into why it wasn't up to par with some all-time bangers like it could have been. 

9 minutes ago, Mox said:

AEW was handling the Punk interview fine. Then they addressed it Wednesday. Okay, move on. Now they're gonna show the footage? How is that necessary?

If they are using it to bring back Perry, that makes more sense, that will get a reaction, but the timing is suspect.

Punk doesn't even matter going forward. His best days are way behind him. Move on and move forward. 

I don't know why they aren't just putting all their attention on Joe-Swerve right now. That's got the potential to be an all-time banger if they let it.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I don't know why they aren't just putting all their attention on Joe-Swerve right now. That's got the potential to be an all-time banger if they let it.

Seriously. Dynasty has Joe/Swerve and Bryan/Ospreay. Use that as your selling points.

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

Seriously. Dynasty has Joe/Swerve and Bryan/Ospreay. Use that as your selling points.

Yeah, airing the Punk-Perry footage does nothing really. Nobody cares about Jack Perry lol and Punk's not your problem anymore!

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, airing the Punk-Perry footage does nothing really. Nobody cares about Jack Perry lol and Punk's not your problem anymore!

It comes off as extremely desperate. I could kind of get behind it if it was all a long term plan to bring JB back and get him more over. That doesn't seem to be the case.

1 minute ago, Mox said:

It comes off as extremely desperate. I could kind of get behind it if it was all a long term plan to bring JB back and get him more over. That doesn't seem to be the case.

No, not with the timing of when they're deciding to do it, if they do it, and how they reacted on Wednesday with Copeland. Sometimes silence is deafening but I guess Tony never learned that lesson.

• Like 1