Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

Don't count on it

Not anytime soon, but Hunter isn't Vince.  So I wouldn't expect Cody to get Cena'd in that respect.  I mean, small (no pun intended) example, but Johnny Gargano was the most over and beloved babyface in NXT black and gold history and Hunter still gave him a heel run.  Granted, Johnny wasn't great at it because Johnny has fairly one-dimensional personality and is best when he can just play himself, but Cody has shown to have more range (his limited acting career is an example of that).  Also, that literal "Ring" of Honor championship run was absolute gold.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Not anytime soon, but Hunter isn't Vince.  So I wouldn't expect Cody to get Cena'd in that respect.  I mean, small (no pun intended) example, but Johnny Gargano was the most over and beloved babyface in NXT black and gold history and Hunter still gave him a heel run.  Granted, Johnny wasn't great at it because Johnny has fairly one-dimensional personality and is best when he can just play himself, but Cody has shown to have more range (his limited acting career is an example of that).  Also, that literal "Ring" of Honor championship run was absolute gold.

Cody's a great heel but I think his willingness to be one isn't that high at this stage.

Edited by Mox
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mox said:

Cody's a great heel but I think his willingness to be one isn't that high at this stage.

There's no real need for him to be.  Also, there's still a huge market for him (he's pretty much dominating their merch sales right now, which is a pretty good indicator) as a babyface and he's enjoying his time of getting to be the guy who does the "after-we've-gone-off-air" crowd speeches and what-not, so by all means let him keep doing so.

White meat babyfaces' ability to be entertaining in a universal sense is usually heavily dependent on the heels they're working programs against.  Cody hasn't really been in a top-flight feud against a high-level heel (I actually like Shinsuke's anime villain character arc, but it's still a work in progress and it's not for everyone) since the summer against Brock... until now against Roman/Rock.

Also, you know the old adage that you don't flip a well-over babyface unless you've got another one ready in the channel to step up to fill the void in his absence.  If they flip Cody heel, do they have someone of similar stature ready to rise into those shoes?  Arguably Sami, though he's on a bit of a rebuild - and he might be the guy for the program if/when they do pull the trigger on Cody down the line - but otherwise... Jey?  I'd argue not yet.  Punk?  Probably, but at this point he's going to have to prove he can stay healthy for an extended period of time before I'd be booking him for extended feuds (more than one-off's for major PLE's) with main event program guys.  Maybe LA Knight (and if they wanted to blur the lines, there could be some awesome heel material for Cody to work with there), but that's 2.  'I mean, ultimatelywe agree, I'm just fleshing out as to why.

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 1

A friend of Ashley Massaro had an interview with NewsNation regarding the rape of Ashley in Kuwait. She said, that Ashley spoke to Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon and the entire Board of Executives in WWE and was said to keep it under a rub. The lawyer of John Laurinaitis has already confirmed the knowledge of that incident within the Executive Board of WWE. The interview has 2 parts, one on Youtube and one on Twitter.

Edited by Edge

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

heel rock is epic lol

He is going to screw Roman. Notice he was pointing at Roman when he said he was going to do everything the make sure he comes out of Wrestlemania as a loser. And he wasn’t throwing up the one sign he was throwing up the L sign. Roman is too cocky he wasn’t even noticing any of it. 

Cody said he is going to take everything away from Roman. Rock is close to Roman to screw him over. So with Seth offering to be the “shield” for Cody and Rock being inside guy in the bloodline for Cody no way Roman keeps the title and the bloodline will be taken down. The Rock is the real head of the table and he knows it so that’s what’s going to make taken down Roman even sweeter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

He is going to screw Roman. Notice he was pointing at Roman when he said he was going to do everything the make sure he comes out of Wrestlemania as a loser. And he wasn’t throwing up the one sign he was throwing up the L sign. Roman is too cocky he wasn’t even noticing any of it. 

Cody said he is going to take everything away from Roman. Rock is close to Roman to screw him over. So with Seth offering to be the “shield” for Cody and Rock being inside guy in the bloodline for Cody no way Roman keeps the title and the bloodline will be taken down. The Rock is the real head of the table and he knows it so that’s what’s going to make taken down Roman even sweeter.

that's a real good observation/prediction.

7 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

heel rock is epic lol

I thought his promo last night was one of the better ones in a while. I mentioned this to my homie yesterday, but I'll share it here with actual wrestling fans to see if it has any merit.

---

When I was a kid, I didn't realize the Rock was a big dude. 

Like, in my mind, if you weren't the Undertaker+, you weren't a big guy. You were just an average sized guy. And a guy like Shawn Michaels (who I think is like 6'1 iirc) was always a small guy, in my mind. Like, my whole sense of size was skewed.

So, since Rock left and came back, he's been so aggressive and intense and it has marred his character imo. He's come off as a roid raging bully and lost a lot of the charisma that made him so loveable. It has felt like he's relied on being "edgy" instead of what made us love him.

The thing about the Rock back in the day was that, although he was an intense IN-RING wrestler who could certainly bring it, his promos weren't so aggressive and bully-ish. Like, he was bullying people by making fun of them, but not with mean threats, if that makes sense. Now, he feels so big size-wise, it comes off weird imo

The Rock, both heel and babyface, was an egotistical narcissist. THAT was what made him great. He was a hilarious, maniacal lunatic on the mic, that was the whole thing. 

I think last night he took a step back towards that a bit. It wasn't '98 Rock or even 02' Rock, but it was much better than Cena feud Rock imo. 

Edited by Soggust

The famous law firm Pintas & Mullins is reaching out to victims and witnesses of abuse in WWE.

Law firm reaching out to victims, witnesses of abuse at WWE

The firm says victims may be entitled to "significant compensation."

A Chicago-based law firm is looking to speak with potential victims and witnesses of abuse at WWE.

Pintas & Mullins advertises itself as "one of the nation's leading law firms fighting sex abuse" and has launched a website at WWEsettlements.com.

The site states that "If you were sexually assaulted, made to feel uncomfortable, or witnessed sexual abuse by Vince McMahon or anyone from WWE/UFC, you may be entitled to significant compensation."

The firm specializes in personal injury claims and has been in operation for over 35 years. It currently has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Along with Ben Crump Law, Pintas & Mullins also assisted the family of George Floyd following his wrongful death at the hands of former Minnesota police officer, Derek Chauvin.

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/law-firm-reaching-out-to-victims-witnesses-of-abuse-at-wwe

And a former WWF ring boy is coming forward today in an exclusive interview with Lee Cole.

Rhodes/McIntyre was a BANGER, and McIntyre winning due to Bloodline interference is just great storytelling.  On top of that, with the same exact finish that cost Rhodes his match against Reigns at WrestleMania.  

And I believe McIntyre is now only the 2nd person (along with Reigns) to pin Cody Rhodes since his return in the WWE.  No way he's losing the Chamber on Saturday.

Edited by iknowcool

13 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Rhodes/McIntyre was a BANGER, and McIntyre winning due to Bloodline interference is just great storytelling.  On top of that, with the same exact finish that cost Rhodes his match against Reigns at WrestleMania.  

And I believe McIntyre is now only the 2nd person (along with Reigns) to pin Cody Rhodes since his return in the WWE.  No way he's losing the Chamber on Saturday.

That's the best match i've seen in a while.  I don't watch week to week, usually just catch up on ups and downs, but WWE put that match on YouTube and it was great.  Was certainly better than any of the matches at the Royal Rumble.

That power bomb was a thing of beauty, it was all Drew just manhandling, no assist from Cody other than not fighting it.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

A few things about Raw last night:

- I love the story they are telling with Cody. The second time he has gotten pinned. Both was bc of Solo spiking him as he was going for a cross roads. 

- I hate the build with Jimmy and Jey. Of course Jimmy was going to cost Jey the IC title but Jimmy is a joke of a heel. Even showing what happened after Raw went off the air, Jimmy was still joking around as he was taking a beating by Cody and Jey. Like I just cant take Jimmy seriously enough to be hyped for Jimmy v Jey at Mania. If they made this build serious like next level like Kane v Undertaker feud then Id be so interested and hyped about it.

- The WWE need to stop over doing it with R Truth. Yes it was all fun with what he was doing with Judgement Day. Now he should be serious with the Miz locked in on taking those tag titles from them at Mania. Him still making jokes about DYI being Triple H and Shawn Michaels DX shows me he still isnt taking this seriously. And I get you still want to have a comedy bit but not at the expense of progressing a storyline bc it still make it seem like R Truth is delusional and if the goal is to possibly have him and Miz to face Judgement Day at Mania and win I dont think a delusional R Truth will mean much for me holding the tag titles in a victory. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

- The WWE need to stop over doing it with R Truth. Yes it was all fun with what he was doing with Judgement Day. Now he should be serious with the Miz locked in on taking those tag titles from them at Mania. Him still making jokes about DYI being Triple H and Shawn Michaels DX shows me he still isnt taking this seriously. And I get you still want to have a comedy bit but not at the expense of progressing a storyline bc it still make it seem like R Truth is delusional and if the goal is to possibly have him and Miz to face Judgement Day at Mania and win I dont think a delusional R Truth will mean much for me holding the tag titles in a victory. 

I agree that they are taking R-Truth's comedy a bit too far for my taste, but to be fair, the fans have been going crazy for it so its hard to blame them.  He feels like one of the 10 most over babyfaces in the company right now.  So I can see why they are going all in on it.  I can't even lie - that "interview" he did last night put a smile on my face lol 

A lot of other guys wouldn't be able to sell it.  But R-Truth plays it so well.

Edited by iknowcool