Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

These are things i can't just wrap my head around. Just let Kevin Nash attend Sting's retirement match. Just let him be there. There isn't much to gain for AEW anyways, or for WWE to lose.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

Paul Roma had an interview with News Nation. He said, that sexual misconduct was happening within WWE on "a regular basis". He even mentioned, that he knows of a case back then, which was even worse than what we've head from Janel Grant.

I can't imagine how things like these have happened for 5 decades, without almost no repercussions for Vince, but also the entire WWE, because **** like this and the ring boy stuff and all the other scandals are clearing painting a picture of a criminal system within WWE over all those years. It's disgusting. In my mind, we have to accept, that all of our "heroes" at least knew something to a certain degree and in my mind at least accepted stuff like this or looked away. Which is at least morally questionable and yes i'm also asking myself, what guys like Edge did know, not even talking about guys like The Undertaker and others, who were in even higher card positions and even longer in WWE. Everybody has to decide what to do on their own, with all that information, that has come out over the years and is coming out nowadays. I'm not critizing anybody, who decides to still watch WWE. I'm just happy,that i'm not and i'm not spending any money into that company and i wouldn't do it in the future, unless they would really investigate this stuff seriously and clean the house completely. If something like that would ever happen, TKO would gain my respect. That would be so good for the entire business, because who knows who knew or even take part into things like these. I just want to know entirely, to not celebrate people, that might be *******s in secret and belong to jail.

And also take a listen to the interview about the ring boys. That's disgusting as well. Just how many wrestlers have come forward and acknowledge stuff like that. Again, it's not surprising, but it paints a clear picture of a criminal system within the entire WWE. It's not only Vince.

On 2/20/2024 at 11:21 AM, Edge said:

Paul Roma had an interview with News Nation. He said, that sexual misconduct was happening within WWE on "a regular basis". He even mentioned, that he knows of a case back then, which was even worse than what we've head from Janel Grant.

I can't imagine how things like these have happened for 5 decades, without almost no repercussions for Vince, but also the entire WWE, because **** like this and the ring boy stuff and all the other scandals are clearing painting a picture of a criminal system within WWE over all those years. It's disgusting. In my mind, we have to accept, that all of our "heroes" at least knew something to a certain degree and in my mind at least accepted stuff like this or looked away. Which is at least morally questionable and yes i'm also asking myself, what guys like Edge did know, not even talking about guys like The Undertaker and others, who were in even higher card positions and even longer in WWE. Everybody has to decide what to do on their own, with all that information, that has come out over the years and is coming out nowadays. I'm not critizing anybody, who decides to still watch WWE. I'm just happy,that i'm not and i'm not spending any money into that company and i wouldn't do it in the future, unless they would really investigate this stuff seriously and clean the house completely. If something like that would ever happen, TKO would gain my respect. That would be so good for the entire business, because who knows who knew or even take part into things like these. I just want to know entirely, to not celebrate people, that might be *******s in secret and belong to jail.

And also take a listen to the interview about the ring boys. That's disgusting as well. Just how many wrestlers have come forward and acknowledge stuff like that. Again, it's not surprising, but it paints a clear picture of a criminal system within the entire WWE. It's not only Vince.

Yeah you would have to assume that a good amount of them knew what was happening. They also shouldn’t be able to get away with hiding behind the “well he tried to intervene” or things to that nature. If they knew, and allowed it to continue they’re just as much to blame.

Can someone explain to me the Storm hate? I think she’s one of the best things going . 

I think wrestling is incredibly boring if everyone is ‘reality based’ . There is still room for characters. Toni is funny, she plays the part legit ( not telling the audience it’s fake ) and it’s not a character that makes a mockery of the business .

It’s still wrestling and there needs to be a level of suspended disbelief . 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Can someone explain to me the Storm hate? I think she’s one of the best things going . 

I think wrestling is incredibly boring if everyone is ‘reality based’ . There is still room for characters. Toni is funny, she plays the part legit ( not telling the audience it’s fake ) and it’s not a character that makes a mockery of the business .

It’s still wrestling and there needs to be a level of suspended disbelief . 

I agree. Hate on Toni Storm but love R Truth. And I don’t hate on R Truth I actually think he is funny and cool to see on TV but I feel like he comes across as stupid more times than not rather than just funny. I’m not a fan of Toni Storm character but I don’t hate it. I think she is doing great work too. She is better in this role now than she was in the WWE and in the Outcasts.

I also don’t think the Devil should be on this list. It’s unfair bc the injuries hurt the storyline all around. So at worst it should just be an incomplete bc we don’t know how it would’ve been had everyone stayed healthy. 

Think they should had Bianca win to face Rhea. I’m kind of sick of Becky at this point. They could’ve had Tiffany pin her to start a feud. Also what’s with Liv also being the second to last person in these type of events. The past two rumbles, and now EC. Unless she starts using that In her promos about her becoming this close, what’s the point.

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree. Hate on Toni Storm but love R Truth. And I don’t hate on R Truth I actually think he is funny and cool to see on TV but I feel like he comes across as stupid more times than not rather than just funny. I’m not a fan of Toni Storm character but I don’t hate it. I think she is doing great work too. She is better in this role now than she was in the WWE and in the Outcasts.

I also don’t think the Devil should be on this list. It’s unfair bc the injuries hurt the storyline all around. So at worst it should just be an incomplete bc we don’t know how it would’ve been had everyone stayed healthy. 

I see later that Toni Storm also WON best gimmick on the same poll lol. How weird. 

I don’t think it was the worst. I really disliked it though, not because Cole got hurt , but the Cole/MJF storyline in general . 

The friendship videos were cringe and nothing I’d share to any non wrestling fan. 

And it made Max lose his aura. He was a crowd pandering baby face and then it made him look stupid being betrayed. 

Him being off tv is the best thing that could’ve happened to him. I hope he comes back a bigger heel than ever. 

So Seth Rollins is definitely turning on Cody Rhodes... right?

For one, the WWE wasn't even planning on running Rhodes/Reigns at WM40.  They pivoted to it because of crowd demand, rightfully so.  It means the WWE's original plans didn't have Rhodes as WWE Champion post-WM40 in the cards.  Possible they still want to stick with their post-WM plans. 

And past that, it just makes a lot of sense.  Rollins lost to Rhodes 3 times.  And now he's going to help him be the one to beat Roman Reigns?  I could definitely see them using Drew McIntyre as the guy who starts messing with Rollins' head and reminding him of his failures against Cody.

And this is Triple H we're talking about.  If his NXT booking is anything to go by, this dude will slow burn anything.  

Edited by iknowcool

Who do you guys think will show up at Revolution to say farewell to Sting? Or maybe will be seen via video message?

I have no clue who is under a WWE legends contract, which might forbid an attendance or a video message, but besides RIc Flair and the AEW contracted wrestlers, like Paul Wight or Jeff Jarrett, i'd love to see or hear from guys like Lex Luger (if he's healthy enough), DDP, Steiner Brothers, Ricky Steamboat, Barry Windham, Sid Vicious, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Kurt Angle and maybe even Great Muta. Obviously Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff also played an integral part in his carerr, but i guess we're not seeing them in person at Revolution. I'm not even sure i'd want them there, because it would be controversial, which again could take away something from Stings career ending. At most i could think of a video message, but i'd not expect any of those two.

16 hours ago, iknowcool said:

So Seth Rollins is definitely turning on Cody Rhodes... right?

They could (and probably eventually will, you pointed out Trips slow burns in NXT) but right now that would feel very messy. 

I think most of us have been complicating this. They tried to skip over Cody and his story to get to Rock taking over the Bloodline. Fans rightfully revolted on that (which seems was an idea from “the board” and not creative) so now they have to retrace the steps and finish the long terms they are in the middle while building to the next. (AND the next after that)

I’d bet we get the Rock turning on Roman (or just over taking him) before Seth turns.

With the heat that Hollywood Rock 2.0 is getting, I’d put my money on him being the new “big bad” of the company, with lackeys doing the show to show business for him. And that is where I think Seth comes in. As the stand in for Hunter (who can’t get in the ring again) combatting the Chairman Rock for the “Wrestling guy” as much as WWE can represent that. 

And as possibly the most linked NXT guy to Hunter, Seth could absolutely be that guy to fight for him and all Wrestling Fans against the new Corporate Monster. 

Cody doesn’t need that rub, he’s already there, especially if he dethrones Roman’s historic run. Whereas you could potentially send Seth into that stratosphere if they play it right if he is the one climbing the mountain for Hunter. (Or… that could be the heel turn, against Triple H, down the line)

Turning on Cody may make for a moment, but it would be a flash in the pan. The Shield turn was so amazing because it actually meant something. Not a few promos on raw and lingering onstage at a press conference 

Edited by StLunatic88

On 2/23/2024 at 11:09 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

I think wrestling is incredibly boring if everyone is ‘reality based

I think we all miss a bit of that 80s-90s camp in our wrestling. Not the whole nine yards like back then, but at least some.

Tony Storm gives exactly the right amount for me. Anyone who “hates” that (or would put it in any worst category) is just trying to be edgy

And while the Devil story was disappointing, it wasn’t so much straight up bad. Too many things got interrupted by injury and by outside the ring issues. And they never knew how to truly pivot. QTV had maybe a handful of good jokes in ALL the television time they got, and the Outcasts were ill conceived from the jump (never had the star power or in ring swing to pull it off)

• Like 1