Ranking the (B)East - QB

Texas_OutLaw7

Best NFC East QB  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the BEST QB in the NFC East?

• Carson Wentz, Eagles
    • Dak Prescott, Cowboys
    • Eli Manning, Giants
    • Alex Smith, Redskins
    • Dwayne Haskins, Redskins
    • Daniel Jones, Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2019 at 07:14 PM

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Wentz played 10ngames last year.

Dak played 10 games with a legit wr.

Their stats are almost exactly the same.

So Dak is equal to a bummed leg hurt back Wentz with no running game and a depleted group of receivers?

Factoring in everything it’s Wentz by a small margin over Dak. Pure talent, Wentz is a head above Dak but injuries and availability is paramount and would eventually push Dak over if the trend continues. But yea, as of today it’s Wentz but this year will be big for both guys. Wentz has a great supporting cast and should be healthy. He needs to prove he’s learned to avoid contact and fine tune his craft. Dak has his go-to receiver and still has his horse in Zeke. I expect both QBs to progress and have pretty good years. 

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

But Wentz really didn't fall that much this year statistically compared to 2017, and that's coming off the late acl and now confirmed early back injury.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

So Dak is equal to a bummed leg hurt back Wentz with no running game and a depleted group of receivers?

This is the argument I *LOATHE* from Eagles fans, and 100% of you parrot it. You all will argue in one thread about how good Wentz was. And then in the very next thread point out how he was injured. 

Either he was as good as he was in '17 or he wasnt. You cant have it both ways. 

In my opinion, that is Wentz. Always banged up and borderline top 10. Dak is also borderline top 10 when his OL and WRs are dog poop. 

I chose 11 games as that is how many Wentz played. It also coincides with the 11 games that Dak played with Cooper. (Added ==> Wentz '17)

Dak 3,061 total yards (270 passing yards per game) 

Wentz 3167 total yards (280 passing yards per game) ===> 253 Yards per game

Dak 70.03 Comp % on 7.74 YPA (7.94 AY/A) 

Wentz 69.6 Comp % on 7.7 YPA (7.9 AY/A) ===> 60% comp % on 7.5 YPA (8.3 AY/A)

Dak 101 QB Rating

Wentz 102 Rating ====> 102 Rating

Dak and Wentz 22 total TDs ===> 33 Total TDs

Dak 11 total INT/Fumbles

Wentz 16 total INT/Fumbles ====> 16 INT/Fumbles

@Kiltman Looks like Dak is pretty much as good with Cooper as "MVP 2017" Wentz as well. Only be variance is TDs.

Edited by Matts4313

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Assuming Wentz is healthy, he 100% is top 10. How far into the top 10, not too far unless he can return to 2017 form.

I'm not really looking to split hairs. It was a larger point about a lack of elite QB play from our division as a whole. Which is striking. 

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'm not really looking to split hairs. It was a larger point about a lack of elite QB play from our division as a whole. Which is striking. 

We have a overall strong division though. Us, Eagles & Redskins when healthy can beat any team handily on a good day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Why is Wentz always injured though? I think availiability is one of the most important traits for a player. especially if we are comparing QBs

Not sure, I think he's very type A. Always pushing himself to do more than he has to.
As evidenced by the knee injury in 2017, he didnt need to superman there...he did and got got hurt running through two guys for a TD.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This is the argument I *LOATHE* from Eagles fans, and 100% of you parrot it. You all will argue in one thread about how good Wentz was. And then in the very next thread point out how he was injured. 

Either he was as good as he was in '17 or he wasnt. You cant have it both ways. 

In my opinion, that is Wentz. Always banged up and borderline top 10. Dak is also borderline top 10 when his OL and WRs are dog poop. 

What??

who is? I think most everyone is on board that Wentz is pretty damn good

I mean we are all, mostly, realist. We know he has ways to improve. Most players do. I don't think admitting that weakens anything.
We argue/discuss how he can go from top 10 to the best, not bottom half to kinda good. What people think he wasn't good in 2017?

He was the best in '17, and top 10 since. 

3 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Depends on which Wentz the Eagles are getting. Pre injury Wentz or post injury Wentz?? So I voted on the guy who's been the most consistent since coming into the league. A one Dakota Prescott.

Statistically speaking Wentz was actually better last season than he was in 17. Let's see how this year goes when he's able to not spend the entire off season rehabbing.

22 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I also went with Wentz. Although, it stuck me how poorly the NFC East at how poorly the state of QBs is in the East. No top 10 QBs.

This.

I wanted a "none of the above" option.