Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 18 - TACO BOWL XVIII POSTED!)

3 hours ago, pwny said:

awDTQoD.png

Feels like an odd season.. the 9th and 10th PWNY are contenders, but the #4 isn't..

Just the general glut of teams sitting between 7-8 and 9-6 with positive PD

It's a weird case where there are a large number of "pretty good" teams, and a small number of "really bad teams" is causing a really funny bell curve

22 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Feels like an odd season.. the 9th and 10th PWNY are contenders, but the #4 isn't..

Just the general glut of teams sitting between 7-8 and 9-6 with positive PD

It's a weird case where there are a large number of "pretty good" teams, and a small number of "really bad teams" is causing a really funny bell curve

It's not that odd. Teams with a top offense or defense can win a lot of games, even if the other side is not good. That team just doesn't have the firepower to win three straight playoff games though.

I've posted the bell curve for all seasons before. Those middle PDs that you think are odd not being there just don't ever end up there with any regularity. There's been 79 teams in sim history with a PD between 1 and 29, but only 48 that go -29 to 0. And the median point of PDs is actually +3, not 0 like you would expect. And if we break up PDs into buckets of 5 off that median point, the 5 most common buckets are all positive, and 7 of the most 8 common buckets are positive too. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, swoosh said:

Richmond Flying Squirrels (9-6) Week 16 vs Scranton

- Must beat Scranton to make the playoffs; Indianapolis owns the tiebreaker on head-to-head

Scranton Papermakers (9-6) - Week 16 vs Richmond

- Gets in with a win or an Indianapolis loss; owns tiebreaker over Indianapolos on head-to-head

Indianapolis Predators (9-6) - Week 16 vs Rocket City

- Gets in with a win or a Richmond loss; owns tiebreaker over Richmond on head-to-head

When Rocket City pulls un upset it’ll be Richmond/Scranton. I beat Scranton last time but that was a home game. I haven't faired well on the road.

FIFY

Edited by EaglesPeteC

55 minutes ago, pwny said:

It's not that odd. Teams with a top offense or defense can win a lot of games, even if the other side is not good. That team just doesn't have the firepower to win three straight playoff games though.

I've posted the bell curve for all seasons before. Those middle PDs that you think are odd not being there just don't ever end up there with any regularity. There's been 79 teams in sim history with a PD between 1 and 29, but only 48 that go -29 to 0. And the median point of PDs is actually +3, not 0 like you would expect. And if we break up PDs into buckets of 5 off that median point, the 5 most common buckets are all positive, and 7 of the most 8 common buckets are positive too. 

nerd

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Good game, blew my team out. I'll have to watch it later and see what went wrong. 

Good god it's even worse than I imagined. Worst game of the year for my team, absolutely pitiful.

Nothing says Rio like backing into the playoffs on losses and getting bounced early. RIP.

18 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Good god it's even worse than I imagined. Worst game of the year for my team, absolutely pitiful.

Nothing says Rio like backing into the playoffs on losses and getting bounced early. RIP.

I've already got it in my head that I'm making the playoffs. Beating mookie. Beating you in the conf chip. Then losing to remixx in the chip. 

So just sit back and relax & enjoy the show

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

you are the one that got lucky little boy, shouldn't have even been close, 27-13 with 6 minutes left and then suddenly my D stops playing. 

First of all that INT in the red zone while I was driving pretty much ruined the game. Your d is doo doo been knowing that.