NFL Lead Investigator Recommended No Suspension For Elliot

Broncofan

Seems like Elliott won't be serving a suspension, and if he does it won't be this year. The NFLPA looks to have a legitimate shot at winning in court against the NFL on this one, and that's what they'll try to do if this suspension isn't taken back by the NFL by Sunday. So, he'll either get the suspension delayed while they fight the NFL in court over it, or the NFL will take it back realizing they like;y will lose if it goes to court on account of their seemingly complete lack of due process.

The really striking thing, to me, is how long the NFL took to come to this conclusion & yet when more details are reveled it seems as if they bungled it. 

Someone said it earlier, the best (easiest?) practice the NFL should implemented would have been to defer to the criminal and civil legal system. If you are charged and convicted, the Shield can bring down the hammer on you and no one would bat an eye. 

This was a complete clusterf from the start for the NFL. I don't know why they thought they could handle this better than the two police departments who didn't even bother to charge Zeke. Then they ignore their lead investigator when doling out punishment. If they had just suspended Zeke for 2 games for the accumulation of incidents he's been involved in since he's been in the league, (pulling a woman's top down, bar fight, etc) I think the public would've been just fine with that.

But they had this incessant need to show how tough they were on domestic violence and now they have egg on their face, again.

Appreciate you letting this stand... I know its a controversial topic, but I felt this needed airing.

Just a huge allegation, here. And one that can (and if true should) completely change the way the NFL does business. The NFLPA has a responsibility to push this as far as it can go (again, with the caveat that what Clarence Hill reported is true).

NFL should reduce his suspension to 0 games then suspend him for 2 for his St. Pat's day parade incident.  There is video evidence there so not much you can argue there.  Just negotiate this thing to 2 games so NFL saves face and DAL gets their guy back quickly.

On 8/11/2017 at 11:24 AM, Heimdallr said:

If the NFL feels confident that he assaulted a woman, then it is fair.  Just because the police/court couldn't find enough evidence to prosecute doesn't mean he didn't do it, and the NFL does not need to meet the same level of proof.

It'll be interesting to see how the Cowboys do without him carrying the offense.

So wait, if a rumor went around at your job that you beat your wife. Is that justification enough for them to suspend or fire you even if police didn't file charges against you? Is hearsay really all that's needed to be guilty now days?

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

None of this is surprising.  And in the end it doesn't matter because the CBA says Goodell can do whatever he wants and he will win.

That isn't the point of this lawsuit though. That was the point of the Brady one, but the NFLPA is taking a different approach with Zeke.

34 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

So wait, if a rumor went around at your job that you beat your wife. Is that justification enough for them to suspend or fire you even if police didn't file charges against you? Is hearsay really all that's needed to be guilty now days?

To be fair, the Patriots cut Hernandez as soon as he was arrested. That's, IMO, the equivalent to "firing" someone and an arrest is definitely not concrete. Ray Lewis wasn't cut, for example. Different companies (or teams in this case) have different standards and different images they wish to portray. It's business and totally legal.

That said, I hope the NFLPA takes the league to school for this. Based on the current information, it's pretty clear they were hedging their bets and it shows that they were pretty clearly out to get Zeke. Between this and the Brady incident, it pretty much takes the legs out from any investigation they ever undergo again.

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Fantasy football owners heads will explode if he gets 0 games

Meh, he's still going in the top of the second. His ADP didn't fall all too much from what I've seen, plenty of people were expecting a reduction at the very least.

11 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

That's because Belichick knew about the Hernandez situation before he was ever drafted, via his buddy Urban Meyer.

What Hernandez situation? The murders happened after the Patriots drafted him, and then the Patriots cut him as soon as he was accused. Teams draft problem players all the time. Stop trolling.

Archived