Cutdown day chatter

Klomp

1 minute ago, Purplexing said:

Agree and Disagree.  Acquiring Boon(e) turned out to be a typical bane move by Spielman as regards OL talent acquisition.  Dumping him after failing to re-do his contract was also typical.

We typically hang onto FA busts longer than necessary. One and done for Boone.

Good to see Spielman admitting a mistake and moving on from it.  We will likely see this same situation next summer.

I would rather roll with the young guys and see what they can do instead of sticking with under performing.

Though I do find it troublesome that the team cannot seem to make up their mind between running a zone or man scheme.  Difficult to build year to year consistency and develop linemen when you keep flip flopping.

Actually surprised, but not against the Boone cut.  Really puts pressure on Easton stepping up.

Reiff really has to feel a little worried after seeing Hill play so well in the preseason.  Any chance we see Hill push Reiff to the right side or getting looks at RT if Remmers struggles?

I liked Boone, but his days of playing solid are probably behind him. He never really lived up to being an average OG, so this was a decent move. I'm glad Easton is getting a look at starting, should be at least a lateral move to Boone, if not an upgrade. Kind of setting the stage for what we can hope for next off-season a starter far as talent acquisition.

i wonder if we will move on anyone's being cut? I saw Audie Cole was released by the saints. Being that he I saw familiar with the system and a good special teamer, you think we could go after him? Also, I saw Andy Lee was dropped earlier, he could very well do better than Quigley, who looked okay this preseason, but has historically been bad. Anyone know of solid OL depth that is available?

Not necessarily much a blunder, but a change in direction.  When Boone was signed, we still had a power, man-blocking, running game under Norv Turner and with Adrian Peterson. We're making the change to a zone blocking scheme with Shurmer and Cook, and Boone simply isn't a fit for that style of blocking. Easton showed he is miles better in that regard.

Here are some of the cuts that interested me:

QB Matt Barkley

QB Brandon Weeden

RB Chris Johnson

RB Matt Jones

RB Shaun Draughn

RB Ryan Mathews

RB CJ Spiller

RB Stevan Ridley

RB Tim Hightower

WR Victor Cruz

WR Louis Murphy