Cutdown day chatter

Klomp

3 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

Probably not a good fit for Zimmer's defense as Ward is more of an in the box SS. 

and so is Sendejo, but somehow he sticks...

I actually am probably a bigger fan of Sendejo than most, but this type of defense just doesn't fit him the best, Id actually love to see him slide into a Denver defensive SS role.

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

None of those players interest me, honestly. 

Yeah maybe "interest" was the wrong choice of words, but those seemed like more of the bigger name guys that were cut.  Outside of maybe making a change at P It doesn't really look like there is much of anything to upgrade our roster.

10 hours ago, Robb_K said:

Too bad we can't get a couple of quality starting OLers for a 7th Rounder each.  xD

Is there a position, other than QB, with fewer quality players than offensive line? Only a couple of the recent college linemen have been worth much. It seems the first and second round linemen are flaming out faster and harder than most other position so. 

The decision to keep Collins on the initial 53 man roster is odd, but I'm guessing that the team likes his physical upside and didn't want to expose him to the first waive of waiver claims. I'm betting that the team has put in at least one waiver claim for an offensive lineman, and when that claim comes through, Collins will be cut and hopefully snuck onto the practice squad. 

Colleges operating out of the spread offense, and pros. not so much, has pretty much ruined the quality of offensive linemen coming through the draft from the first round through the seventh.  Occasionally there is one or two that transition well, but not many more than that. 

4 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

I guess the Cardinals cut rookie Dorian Johnson the 4th round OG out of Pittsburgh.  After TJ Clemmings though I'm not too high on linemen from Pitt.

I try not to generalize position groups from schools regardless of reputation.  Look at each prospect on their own.  Not necessarily defending Dorian Johnson, but he was a fairly well regarded prospect wasn't he?

I'd maybe give him a look if he could be an upgrade over Sirles or Berger.

Archived