The Batman

Acgott

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I'd love to see a modern take on Mr. Freeze. His story/desire is a tale as old as time.

Deathstroke would be great. Could he be Penguin's new guy combining stories? 

Animated series Freeze, i could see it and dig it. 

id like some recent/weird ones to get a look, court of owls, dr. hurt, hush, they wont carry a movie on name recognition but they could complement the story. 

Edited by ifeelasleep

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I was definitely trying to shoe horn him in quickly, but I do like the character and think, as something we haven't really seen before, it would be cool. 

If they do something with Hugo Strange, Deathstroke could be fun to toss in that.

Mind challenge + brain challenge 

Not really sure where this Batman is at combat wise, could really push him

21 hours ago, ifeelasleep said:

they wont carry a movie on name recognition but they could complement the story. 

I'd argue that since they have a critically acclaimed and well liked by audience flick on their hands, they can get away with the lesser known villains playing a major role. Especially if Penguin and Catwoman remain characters. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I'd argue that since they have a critically acclaimed and well liked by audience flick on their hands, they can get away with the lesser known villains playing a major role. Especially if Penguin and Catwoman remain characters. 

Agreed especially if the movie ends up being good, along with word of mouth. They can use a lesser known villain and the movie will still do well.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 43M said:

Excited Arrested Development GIF

Really looking forward to seeing it.   

Almost broke down and went to the theater.

The fanboys seem to love it.  I was never a big Batman comic guy, and I think it was just solid.  I'd have it below all three of Nolan's and '89.  Close to The Dark Knight Rises.

33 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The fanboys seem to love it.  I was never a big Batman comic guy, and I think it was just solid.  I'd have it below all three of Nolan's and '89.  Close to The Dark Knight Rises.

I think Rises was pretty bad, so Im hoping it is better than that.  

Edited by 43M

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Don't get me wrong, I always love going to the theater, but i'm not really sure what all was in this movie that would be particularly enhanced over watching it on the big screen tv at home.

Personal preference for me. Any superhero movie or real 'blockbuster' is better on the big screen imo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

Personal preference for me. Any superhero movie or real 'blockbuster' is better on the big screen imo.

No doubt, i'll take even a historical drama on a big screen, just saying I don't think this movie lends itself to "needing" that big screen experience in the same way that the new Dr Strange movie is going to.

• Like 1

Just now, THE DUKE said:

No doubt, i'll take even a historical drama on a big screen, just saying I don't think this movie lends itself to "needing" that big screen experience in the same way that the new Dr Strange movie is going to.

I'd agree with that. When I say he should have I meant more to support the product. DC is a joke but Reeves is great.

It was solid. I loved it but I'm a comic and graphic novel fanboy but this was finally the younger Bruce performance a lot of us have been clamoring for.

id like to see a different villain if they make another movie. Not joker, not scarecrow. Not 2 face. Killer croc would be too much CGI. Maybe Hatter or something. Idk.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

24 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

It was solid. I loved it but I'm a comic and graphic novel fanboy but this was finally the younger Bruce performance a lot of us have been clamoring for.

id like to see a different villain if they make another movie. Not joker, not scarecrow. Not 2 face. Killer croc would be too much CGI. Maybe Hatter or something. Idk.

I think Scarecrow would be amazing in this universe. I imagine the Arkham series gives us Hugo Strange so I'd probably rule him out. If you want someone 'different' your best bet is Mr. Freeze. If he doesn't count your best bet is probably Hush.