2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

21 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I’ve got a funny feeling Toronto pulls this off. Kawhi is gonna have to be super human though.

They will have to continue to play lights out like they did in the Bucks series to pull this off.   They were unconscious shooting jumpers and played superior defense.

Edited by Pugger

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

They will have to continue to play lights out like they did in the Bucks series to pull this off.   They were unconscious shooting jumpers and played superior defense.

Biggest issue for GS isn’t the possibility of no Durant or no Cousins, but no ZAZA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

The halfcourt O is a very real concern, but the D has been that way all season long.    The Dubs will test the Raptors ability to get out and contest outside shots, it's the battle of the irresistible force vs. the immovable object.   

1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

@J-ALL-DAY

Spare me your the Raptors are a great team and can absolutely make this a series and if x, y and z happens they could actually win spiel. 

How are you feeling? Are you supremely confident or is there some worry?

If KD plays? Yeah, confident they get it done. Without him? Becomes extremely tough. I mentioned this last week but the Blazers series is messing with folks heads. Blazers are trash and not even close to the level of the Raptors. The Dubs offense is going to struggle to score in big spurts and the bench becomes a problem like in the Rockets series. 

If KD returns after two games and it is 1-1? Then Dubs in 6. If it's 2-0 Raptors? Then it becomes questionable. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If KD plays? Yeah, confident they get it done. Without him? Becomes extremely tough. I mentioned this last week but the Blazers series is messing with folks heads. Blazers are trash and not even close to the level of the Raptors. The Dubs offense is going to struggle to score in big spurts and the bench becomes a problem like in the Rockets series. 

If KD returns after two games and it is 1-1? Then Dubs in 6. If it's 2-0 Raptors? Then it becomes questionable. 

Do you have any more clarity on the KD situation? I mean I haven’t heard anything substantial and I haven’t seen anything on the actual severity of the injury in terms of grades like it’ll be about 3 weeks since his injury at the start of the series so I’m guessing it’s in that grade two 4-6 week range. 

4 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Do you have any more clarity on the KD situation? I mean I haven’t heard anything substantial and I haven’t seen anything on the actual severity of the injury in terms of grades like it’ll be about 3 weeks since his injury at the start of the series so I’m guessing it’s in that grade two 4-6 week range. 

Nothing except that he's not likely to be there at the start of the series. I take that as he's missing the first two games of the series. 

56 minutes ago, tom cody said:

I think Durant will be back for Game 4 of the series. I wonder how his absence affects the Warriors this series. They didn't miss a beat vs. Portland. 

It will impact it in a big way.. defensively right now the Raptors don't have to pay as much attention to the forwards of GS. game plan around making Klay and Steph getting as few uncontested shots as possible. When KD is back and Kawhi/Siakaim will have to focus their energy there. I'll be really interested to see what Nurse and co. come up with