Jump to content
beekay414

2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Siakam can create. 

To some degree, but it's not a huge strength. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I’ve got a funny feeling Toronto pulls this off. Kawhi is gonna have to be super human though.

They will have to continue to play lights out like they did in the Bucks series to pull this off.   They were unconscious shooting jumpers and played superior defense.

Edited by Pugger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pugger said:

They will have to continue to play lights out like they did in the Bucks series to pull this off.   They were unconscious shooting jumpers and played superior defense.

Biggest issue for GS isn’t the possibility of no Durant or no Cousins, but no ZAZA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Biggest issue for GS isn’t the possibility of no Durant or no Cousins, but no ZAZA.

Pretty underrated point here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@J-ALL-DAY

Spare me your the Raptors are a great team and can absolutely make this a series and if x, y and z happens they could actually win spiel. 

How are you feeling? Are you supremely confident or is there some worry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pugger said:

They will have to continue to play lights out like they did in the Bucks series to pull this off.   They were unconscious shooting jumpers and played superior defense.

The halfcourt O is a very real concern, but the D has been that way all season long.    The Dubs will test the Raptors ability to get out and contest outside shots, it's the battle of the irresistible force vs. the immovable object.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

@J-ALL-DAY

Spare me your the Raptors are a great team and can absolutely make this a series and if x, y and z happens they could actually win spiel. 

How are you feeling? Are you supremely confident or is there some worry?

If KD plays? Yeah, confident they get it done. Without him? Becomes extremely tough. I mentioned this last week but the Blazers series is messing with folks heads. Blazers are trash and not even close to the level of the Raptors. The Dubs offense is going to struggle to score in big spurts and the bench becomes a problem like in the Rockets series. 

If KD returns after two games and it is 1-1? Then Dubs in 6. If it's 2-0 Raptors? Then it becomes questionable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is the primary defender on Steph Curry this series?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If KD plays? Yeah, confident they get it done. Without him? Becomes extremely tough. I mentioned this last week but the Blazers series is messing with folks heads. Blazers are trash and not even close to the level of the Raptors. The Dubs offense is going to struggle to score in big spurts and the bench becomes a problem like in the Rockets series. 

If KD returns after two games and it is 1-1? Then Dubs in 6. If it's 2-0 Raptors? Then it becomes questionable. 

Do you have any more clarity on the KD situation? I mean I haven’t heard anything substantial and I haven’t seen anything on the actual severity of the injury in terms of grades like it’ll be about 3 weeks since his injury at the start of the series so I’m guessing it’s in that grade two 4-6 week range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Who is the primary defender on Steph Curry this series?

I’m honestly not sure but I think Danny will get a good crack at it initially. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Do you have any more clarity on the KD situation? I mean I haven’t heard anything substantial and I haven’t seen anything on the actual severity of the injury in terms of grades like it’ll be about 3 weeks since his injury at the start of the series so I’m guessing it’s in that grade two 4-6 week range. 

Nothing except that he's not likely to be there at the start of the series. I take that as he's missing the first two games of the series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Durant will be back for Game 4 of the series. I wonder how his absence affects the Warriors this series. They didn't miss a beat vs. Portland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, tom cody said:

I think Durant will be back for Game 4 of the series. I wonder how his absence affects the Warriors this series. They didn't miss a beat vs. Portland. 

It will impact it in a big way.. defensively right now the Raptors don't have to pay as much attention to the forwards of GS. game plan around making Klay and Steph getting as few uncontested shots as possible. When KD is back and Kawhi/Siakaim will have to focus their energy there. I'll be really interested to see what Nurse and co. come up with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×