If you’re the Miami GM, & Rosen has a similar season to his rookie season, do you:

ClutchDJ

I don't like the fact they're not committed to giving him better pass protection. But knowing a Pats passing game is going to be installed, they will do what they can to get the ball out of his hands quickly. I don't see how he doesn't show some improvement.

It kind of depends on how they treat him, I think. If they jerk him around, have him split camp time equally with Fitzpatrick, don't shade the offense towards things he's better at--and then when called upon, he puts up a so-so performance...I think they have to give him another chance. If they end up with a super high pick, that complicates things, for sure, but hopefully they do right by him and give him a proper shot. 

• Like 1

Let him go again. If he succeeds, you're money. If he fails - you're potentially looking at Justin Fields at the worst.

If they fail out two seasons and land Trevor Lawrence, it's worth it.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 4:35 PM, goldfishwars said:

I don't like the fact they're not committed to giving him better pass protection. But knowing a Pats passing game is going to be installed, they will do what they can to get the ball out of his hands quickly. I don't see how he doesn't show some improvement.

They drafted two OL in this years draft. Deiter from Wisconsin and Prince from Ohio State

30 minutes ago, atown703 said:

They drafted two OL in this years draft. Deiter from Wisconsin and Prince from Ohio State

Neither of those guys were highly touted and neither are even average at pass blocking. That isn't a commitment to protecting Rosen. With that being said, their whole team is in shambles so it really didn't surprise me they didn't go heavy OL early. It's going to take a few years of great drafts to fix their issues.

The answer to your question is it depends. It depends where you're picking in the draft and who emerges as the top QB. Who knows? A defensive phenom could emerge and make taking a QB at #1 a terrible decision regardless of the QB situation. Just gotta see what happens with the draft class because at this moment, I like Rosen more than I like any of the 2020 QBs.

Draft. This isn't 1984 you don't have as many obstacles to overcome at the position as you used to. Even with a bad line you want to see your QB elevate those around him. It certainly doesn't mean that Rosen is a lost cause but creates enough doubt that you have to keep trying at the position. The NFL isn't for late blooming QBs anymore. You should look the part as a rookie and elevate your game the following couple years and that is who you are. If you need a team around your QB for him to look decent you need a new QB.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Draft. This isn't 1984 you don't have as many obstacles to overcome at the position as you used to. Even with a bad line you want to see your QB elevate those around him. It certainly doesn't mean that Rosen is a lost cause but creates enough doubt that you have to keep trying at the position. The NFL isn't for late blooming QBs anymore. You should look the part as a rookie and elevate your game the following couple years and that is who you are. If you need a team around your QB for him to look decent you need a new QB.

So, you think Rosen's rookie year solidifies him as a bust? You state one thing, then refute yourself...

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

So, you think Rosen's rookie year solidifies him as a bust? You state one thing, then refute yourself...

No I'd give the rookie season a pass in a bad situation but year 2 of starting you better start showing something even if you don't have a good supporting cast you can still show you are doing well with what you have to work with. If you come into a decent situation you should start to show it in year one after 10 or so starts. This is assuming the player has the skills to be an NFL QB. If you show you are wildly inaccurate or don't have the arm to make the majority of the throws then that is a different story and you can safely move on after a rookie season because the ceiling is too low. If it is about comfort level and quick thinking and decision making those should improve and with the protection of the QB and favorable rules for the offense now it should happen rather quickly.