2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So mad cause I wanted to do this last year. I wanted Hollywood in the 1st and McLaurin in the 3rd. Was preaching these exact two selections a while. Can you imagine our offense with McLaurin and Tyrell on the outside and Hollywood and Renfrow on the inside?

chances are we wouldnt have Jacobs and Renfrow

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

So first it was Shenault now Ruggs.... this is unfolding ahead of schedule I see.

He can't like both? The dumping on HB for no reason got old several seasons ago.

Edited by Rich7sena

I haven't found good cutups of Shenault so I found a 10 min "highlight", which seemed to be all of his touches at Colorado this season.

A couple things are clear:

-The man is the best athlete on the field in every game he's been in.

-He's FAST.

-He's a MF after the catch. Like incredibly strong and quick.

-He has fluidity and good COD. 

-I'm still unsure how much polish he has because Colorado runs a comically non pro style offense and just tried to get the ball to Shenault however they could.

-His upside may be absolutely massive if he shows that he can run excellent routes. But the risk is still very high, even at 19 when there are way more sure thing players there. I'd be comfortable with him in the late 1st, but not earlier than that. 

37 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I haven't found good cutups of Shenault so I found a 10 min "highlight", which seemed to be all of his touches at Colorado this season.

A couple things are clear:

-The man is the best athlete on the field in every game he's been in.

-He's FAST.

-He's a MF after the catch. Like incredibly strong and quick.

-He has fluidity and good COD. 

-I'm still unsure how much polish he has because Colorado runs a comically non pro style offense and just tried to get the ball to Shenault however they could.

-His upside may be absolutely massive if he shows that he can run excellent routes. But the risk is still very high, even at 19 when there are way more sure thing players there. I'd be comfortable with him in the late 1st, but not earlier than that. 

I see JuJu Smith-Schuster.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

He can't like both? The dumping on HB for no reason got old several seasons ago.

Of course he can... but that's never the case. He will hype a player, then bury them weeks later when his "new guy" is his favorite. 

Example...he will start burying Shenalaut people say they want him, to prop his latest guy Ruggs. Several seasons of this is why we bust on him.

47 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This is my favorite too... sometimes it's like back yard football. Dude is getting a drink of water on the sideline and the QB is throwing him the ball lol.

Great observations overall. I do question his speed though. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-dolphins-surprise-by-taking-jordan-love-chargers-pick-tua-tagovailoa/

wow cbs has Jordan love going top 10

if it plays out like this with Herbert available at 12 would y’all pick him?

I highly doubt Love does top 15, least alone top 5. His play was just average this past season and he has no special traits to hang his hat on otherwise--and yes, I am saying his arm is nothing special. That said, Love has all the makings of a player that could go top 10 if everything broke right for him in a given year: he has a quality arm; is accurate more often than not; and he has the ability to attack the defense with his legs in a pinch.

To answer your question: I would not take Herbert anywhere before the fifth round from what I've seen of him.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is my favorite too... sometimes it's like back yard football. Dude is getting a drink of water on the sideline and the QB is throwing him the ball lol.

Great observations overall. I do question his speed though. 

I think somehow his size and build make him look slower than he actually is. I've seen him erase angles against poor competition in the pac 12. I'd say he's gonna run somewhere in the 4.4s, which is good for his size. He's not gonna be the fastest guy in the NFL, but he has really good acceleration.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-dolphins-surprise-by-taking-jordan-love-chargers-pick-tua-tagovailoa/

wow cbs has Jordan love going top 10

if it plays out like this with Herbert available at 12 would y’all pick him?

No. Not for me. I would continue to build the team around Derek Carr. If we provide him all the weapons this year and he doesn't wow, then we sell the farm next year to get Lawrence who imho is one of the best QB prospects I have seen in a long time (though I do take the argument that playing for Clemson makes it easier to look good).

On 1/1/2020 at 6:04 PM, agarcia34 said:

That Oregon/Wisconsin game was really good. Herbert was pretty meh passing. Still found a way to win with his legs. His ups are really good like the first drive of the game, but the lows are very low. 

Herbert is pretty athletic for his size for sure. He just hasn't ever really impressed me though. I can see why a team would like the traits but he just doesn't have that IT factor.