2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

So much I disagree with here, but I'll save it for the offseason.

Eason, the most underrated QB in the class right now. Loved him since he came to UGA, glad he's getting his shot.

Two different ways of scouting, to each their own. I see what translates to the NFL with success and QBs with a sub 64% COMP and/or sub 7.8 YPA have mostly failed miserably in the past 15 years. Numbers don’t lie and if you are 50’s in COMP you have major things wrong with your throwing. It can be fixed by coaching but usually not. 

Maybe we’ll pick 2 and land Chase Young and land Eason in the Mid 1st. Solve WR in FA I suppose. That’s a dream scenario however.... we probably pick 5th. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Two different ways of scouting, to each their own. I see what translates to the NFL with success and QBs with a sub 64% COMP and/or sub 7.8 YPA have mostly failed miserably in the past 15 years. Numbers don’t lie and if you are 50’s in COMP you have major things wrong with your throwing. It can be fixed by coaching but usually not. 

Maybe we’ll pick 2 and land Chase Young and land Eason in the Mid 1st. Solve WR in FA I suppose. That’s a dream scenario however.... we probably pick 5th. 

Right... but you are quoting stats while he's 4 games into his final season. He's playing lights out right now. We'll see how he looks next week in a big spot.

Just now, big_palooka said:

Right... but you are quoting stats while he's 4 games into his final season. He's playing lights out right now. We'll see how he looks next week in a big spot.

I like consistency at least their final two years starting. He’s been all over the place IMO. Nothing is gonna change my mind much that Herbert is a project QB and I don’t want projects anymore. 

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I want to get excited about the possibility of drafting a QB next year. Then I’m remembered that the Raiders and Gruden will just ruin him.  

I'd prefer to trade Carr, sign a veteran like Teddy Bridgewater, and draft a QB in the 3rd round. Potentially also trading back out of one of those first-round spots to pick up another 1st in the 2021 draft where we can target Lawerence or Fields. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd prefer to trade Carr, sign a veteran like Teddy Bridgewater, and draft a QB in the 3rd round. Potentially also trading back out of one of those first-round spots to pick up another 1st in the 2021 draft where we can target Lawerence or Fields. 

I’d rather not try to time it. If there is a QB Gruden likes in the 1st this year, take him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’d rather not try to time it. If there is a QB Gruden likes in the 1st this year, take him. 

Exactly look at Daniel Jones and Gardener Minshue, both of those guys are elevating their respective teams. You can find good players in every draft no sense in trying to wait and hope you get a guy in a year. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

you suck. You lack intelligence in your posts. You make no impact to this board, and can't handle good posters.

I’m not going to say humble beast sucks, because we honestly shouldn’t attack other members of the fan base unless they’re being incendiary. i will say it is massively hypocritical for him to say Ferrell sucks 3 games into his career when Carr has had only one good season in 7 yet he still hasn’t given up on him. Just because there are other players blowing up now doesn’t mean Ferrell won’t have an impact as well. By his logic it would have made more sense for the Raiders to cut Carr this past off season and draft Daniel Jones 4 overall. 

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Lawrence isn't looking so good this year. Will still be a top pick but he's in a sophomore slump. Tua is the superior prospect

Carr at this point would get a mid round pick at the most. We should of traded him during the combine like we tried to last season

Edited by bucksavage1