2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Like 95% of all mocks have us taking HR3. He's growing more and more on me as well. I think he's the second best WR in the class behind Jeudy and doesn't get much attention cause he's the WR2. The kid from Colorado comes with risks. Injury risk and plays in a much weaker conference/overall much weaker opponents. Lamb, same thing, i don't trust anyone from Rileys offense. Type of coach that make literally any QB, RB, or WR look like a college hall of famer.

So we may get lucky here. We might select Ruggs as the 4th WR off the board when in reality he's the second best option.

Jeudy probably goes Top 7. Very likely our picks will be like 15 and 17.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Like 95% of all mocks have us taking HR3. He's growing more and more on me as well. I think he's the second best WR in the class behind Jeudy and doesn't get much attention cause he's the WR2. The kid from Colorado comes with risks. Injury risk and plays in a much weaker conference/overall much weaker opponents. Lamb, same thing, i don't trust anyone from Rileys offense. Type of coach that make literally any QB, RB, or WR look like a college hall of famer.

So we may get lucky here. We might select Ruggs as the 4th WR off the board when in reality he's the second best option.

hope the Bears keep losing lol..... I take your word on college wideouts... I haven't been watching much college this year 

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

hope the Bears keep losing lol..... I take your word on college wideouts... I haven't been watching much college this year 

You shouldn’t, the season is far from over, and I haven’t watched nearly enough this year. Jan-Apr is basically when I just go into super tape mode. 

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I've been all in on Ruggs. He has blazing speed and great hands and would be a perfect Z. Jeudy is ideal for Gruden's system, he's got a lot of ABs skills set. 

Did you not like Hollywood Brown? He came from that system at OU. Lamb is the real deal. You have to scout traits. There isn't a better WR with body control and catch ability than Lamb.

Shenault is a machine. His 40 and health will be important. Then you have guys like Regor, Gandy-Golden, Higgins who will all grade out well.

Great class at WR 

This is why I would rather trade for defense. Well, because the need is greater, but this is such a stacked wr class. Robby will need to be signed to an extension after this year and will probably want to get paid. I wouldn't be upset if we traded for him, I would just rather trade for defense right now.

Just now, NJ Raider said:

This is why I would rather trade for defense. Well, because the need is greater, but this is such a stacked wr class. Robby will need to be signed to an extension after this year and will probably want to get paid. I wouldn't be upset if we traded for him, I would just rather trade for defense right now.

Exactly... and Anderson will be paid in the Tyrell Williams level of WRs. So just wait until the draft.

21 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Lots of WR's I like in this draft. Ruggs, Jeudy, Wallace, Lamb, Shenault, Jefferson.

This WR class is absolutely nuts. But honestly I think we can get by on O without having to go WR super high. Whereas we will not get by without DE/LB help. 

If we do infact trade for Anderson I hope we hold off on WR until rounds 2-3. 

Edited by RaidersAreOne

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

This WR class is absolutely nuts. But honestly I think we can get by on O without having to go WR super high. Whereas we will get by without DE/LB help. 

Speed at LBer and DE should be the #1 priority if they are close to BPA when we pick.

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

That’s why I was just listing position we should address not players. I’m not sure who I really like 

I understand when you look at what we need, which is a lot, and what is/was available there are a lot of combinations and draft strategies you can take.  During draft season I could probably do 5 mocks a day but when you put that much out there with different people it makes you appear to be uninformed and just trying to cover all your basis.  My advice would be to do a rankings of position players or a top 50 list to go along with just a few mocks.  You can comment on other peoples opinions but try to stay consistent.  It is okay to change your mind sometimes also but let some development take place before you announce it.  Not saying you did this but this is how some people perceive you is that Josh Allen has a good game and he is who we should have drafted.  Then the 49ers play Sunday night and Bosa is the greatest and we should have traded up for him.  Why not just say Allen looked good today and Bosa played great.  On draft day who would you have taken when we where on the clock?  Remember that and stick to it when discussing rookies and player development.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This WR class is absolutely nuts. But honestly I think we can get by on O without having to go WR super high. Whereas we will not get by without DE/LB help. 

I think we need both a FA DE and a LB plus drafting one but here’s troubled part who do we cut at DE