2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

CeeDee is my favorite WR for the Raiders with Ruggs as the second one. 

Najee Harris or any RB within the first 5 rounds is a luxury pick I don’t think they can afford. To many holes on defense and lack of depth on defense. That can change with how the Raiders attack FA. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Did a quick mock with TDN's predictive tool and ended up with:

Here's what I did on Fanspeak...Didn't expect all the LB's to fall in place but figured LOAD EM UP. LOL
OAKLAND RAIDERS
YOUR PICKS
1: R1P10

EDGE A.J. EPENESA
IOWA
2: R1P16

LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
CLEMSON
3: R3P10

LB PADDY FISHER
NORTHWESTERN
4: R3P16

LB KENNETH MURRAY
OKLAHOMA
5: R3P27

WR SAGE SURRATT
WAKE FOREST
6: R4P16

RB NAJEE HARRIS

14 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

CeeDee is my favorite WR for the Raiders with Ruggs as the second one. 

Najee Harris or any RB within the first 5 rounds is a luxury pick I don’t think they can afford. To many holes on defense and lack of depth on defense. That can change with how the Raiders attack FA. 

I don’t think RB2 is a luxury, but rather a need. Our run game is a huge part of not only our offense but makeup as a team. If Jacobs goes down we are skrewed. I keep Richard as well. 

• Like 1

I would be hard pressed to pass up Derrick Brown if he were there and we were picking top 10. I understand edge rusher is a need and we have guys like Hurst and Hall, but I think Brown is a blue chip prospect on a different level than either of those guys. And his presence on the interior could make a world of difference for Crosby and Ferrell on the edge. 

• Like 1

We need more pass rush, a big play WR, LB, CB. I would select in that order.

We all want Chase. To get him the Bears have to finish no better than 4-12 and the Redskins, Jets, giants, falcons, need to win some games. I don't think we should package our two first rounders to move up. We need to continue building out the depth of our team. If Chase is unavailable, we want a pass rusher whether he plays inside or outside or OLB. A disruptor. Looks like the bears win today, but they aren't a good team. I think they lose today if Stafford was playing today.

CeeDee is my top WR as well, but there are multiple guys at that position who would be great. It's also a position we could improve through free agency. If we got an AJ green in free agency, we could definitely go LB with our second first round pick. Then we could pick a speedster WR, a CB, and then best player available in the third round.

FYI- I like the way Karl was playing and I think we should resign him. He is just entering his best football years. I would also try to resign Incognito, Worley, and Mayowa for another contract cycle as well. Short term deals for Incognito and mayowa, reasonable contract for Worley. Karl should be the priority. 

1 hour ago, Mr Raider said:

I would be hard pressed to pass up Derrick Brown if he were there and we were picking top 10. I understand edge rusher is a need and we have guys like Hurst and Hall, but I think Brown is a blue chip prospect on a different level than either of those guys. And his presence on the interior could make a world of difference for Crosby and Ferrell on the edge. 

Brown has been my guy since last year before he decided to go back to school.  I think we might have selected him at 4 if he remained in the draft.  He would elevate everyone's game on D.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Raider said:

He's been there on Fanspeak many times and I usually take him because he's such a value at 10. Need a run on QB's besides Tua/Burrow and top 10 is a place to trade up for a QB. LB Simmions, S Delphit or any top WR would be nice. Jeudy even slipped down to 10 a couple times and it was always a nobrainer for me. It really boils down to what happens in FA and if we get a big name DE like Clowney, Fowler, or Quinn but I'd rather go with Dupree on a cheaper contract. If we did and Brown is there he's BPA and a must pick. Hankins we've got one more season and could be resigned but with Brown it's not a priority.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Geezy said:

I don’t think RB2 is a luxury, but rather a need. Our run game is a huge part of not only our offense but makeup as a team. If Jacobs goes down we are skrewed. I keep Richard as well. 

Agree. Not to mention he's on track for 350 ish carries. 400 is the number that breaks people. Its an investment in the future to keep his wear and tear low. Have we already forgotten what its like to rely on the Smurfs? Hint: it involves fumbles, drops, and poor vision. We need a better RB2. Washington can walk since Richard is the better receiver.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I wouldn't say that. We don't want to run Jacobs into the ground early in his career and a quality bigger power back behind him would pay dividends. Even if we add a true #1 WR, I think our identity is still going to be a smash mouth running football team next year. Harris would give us another dynamic weapon and would be great value in the 3rd round. Jacobs/Harris/Richard is also one of the top 5 backfields in the NFL next season. 

Don't we have a ton of cap space this offseason? Would love to see us go draft + spend heavily on the defense in free agency. 

• Like 1

I'd love Young on a trade up. But if we don't do that, I'd be A-OK with Derrick Jones or a top LB and then going WR. I have a sneaking suspicion we'll go edge in free agency since we're high on Mad Maxx and took Cle so high last year. Which I could understand but I also wouldn't love putting all our eggs into that basket.

Could see a WR and DT FA signing, draft EDGE/LB in the 1st, Guard/WR/CB in the 3rd and RB in the 4th.

EDGE depends highly on Maxx imo. If he shows he’a a bondafide starter, maybe we draft a DT in the 1st instead of a EDGE. Would help both Maxx and Ferrell.