2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

I think Okuda is unrealistic unless he falls to #12. All throughout FA the Raiders have been pretty restrained and disciplined, I can’t see them trading up high for a DB. Off the top of my head i can picture a team ever doing that for a DB. If the Raiders have their pick of the WRs i could see them going with one at 12 because it was there only area of need that wasn’t strongly addressed. Gruden loves WRs I can’t see him not taking one of these guys in the first.

Another thing about the draft, I wonder if teams will go with more safe picks this year due to coronavirus. My thought is that the inability to bring guys in might push certain guys down the draft board. Take Tua for example, it wouldn’t surprise me if he took a bit of a fall because teams couldn’t get their medical staffs to look at him. He potentially could be the best QB in the draft but he’s always hurt. Without the medical sign off this could open the door for other guys teams have seen throw at the senior bowl and combine to move up. 

• Like 3

This draft class probably won't get any rookie mini camp or OTAs. You'd hope 1st round picks would be able to get up to speed quickly but for all day 2 and 3 guys it's going to be even tougher than usual to make much of an impact early on.

15 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Another thing about the draft, I wonder if teams will go with more safe picks this year due to coronavirus. My thought is that the inability to bring guys in might push certain guys down the draft board. Take Tua for example, it wouldn’t surprise me if he took a bit of a fall because teams couldn’t get their medical staffs to look at him. He potentially could be the best QB in the draft but he’s always hurt. Without the medical sign off this could open the door for other guys teams have seen throw at the senior bowl and combine to move up. 

Makes sense to me.

3 hours ago, Chali21 said:

That why Ruggs should be the pick at 12 he has a quality you can't teach that speed.

After Okudah, how would you all rank the corners in this class? This is how I have it from what I've seen:

1) AJ Terrell: Really competitive in coverage and at the line of scrimmage. He always gets a paw on the receiver when jamming and moves really well. He also has the speed to confidently carry receivers deep. I think the Championship Game is a legitimate concern, but I think he didn't respect Chase and Burrow's connection enough. He seemed to give too much air-space to Chase over top and he paid the price.

2) CJ Henderson: Really confident in off-man coverage and is very smooth. He doesn't panic or make unnecessary movements in the face of twitchy receiver movements. He's not very competitive at the line of scrimmage which may be a disqualifier for Mayock/Gruden/Guenther. He reminds me a bit of Gareon Conley.

3) Kristian Fulton: Definitely the try-hard of the group. He's very competitive in that 5-15 yard range but he gets easily stacked by receivers deep. I think he is a little too confident in his deep speed and I wish he'd turn and run earlier.

4) Trevon Diggs: Moves like a dream at his height and length. He's raw, but there is a decent foundation to build upon. Right now, I don't trust him in man coverage but he could get there. Zone instincts are good.

5) Jaylon Johnson: Looks the part. He moves like he's about 2" taller and 10 lbs. heavier than he actually is. I think twitchy route-runners may give him problems. He's mostly here because I haven't watched the rest of the class. I think he'll end up being your classic Prince Amukamara-journey man type.

I would take the top 3 at 19. I wouldn't be mad taking Diggs but I do think he's a bit risky without a 40 or 3-cone.

Edited by Rich7sena

Reggie Robinson, CB from Tulsa is a really interesting option in Round 3.  Really fits our scheme as a big, athletic, physical, press man CB.  Limited cut ups available of him and none against top competition but he looked great against who he played.

• Like 1

Anyone familiar if Kenny Robertson is in the draft and how that all works out? Like he was academically ineligible at WV entered the transfer portal and got interest from Alabama, but would have to sit out a year to become academically eligible again and instead went to the XFL draft. I can't really find a definitive he is in the NFL draft or not, but he looks like a legit mid-round safety with some upside and given the shut down of some meeting having those XFL games on tape could be a boon for selling him as a late round pick. If he's in the draft class I wouldn't mind him as a late round flier given we acquire some late round picks. Or is he a free agent starting tomorrow? How does it all work for a 21 year old XFL safety?

7 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Anyone familiar if Kenny Robertson is in the draft and how that all works out? Like he was academically ineligible at WV entered the transfer portal and got interest from Alabama, but would have to sit out a year to become academically eligible again and instead went to the XFL draft. I can't really find a definitive he is in the NFL draft or not, but he looks like a legit mid-round safety with some upside and given the shut down of some meeting having those XFL games on tape could be a boon for selling him as a late round pick. If he's in the draft class I wouldn't mind him as a late round flier given we acquire some late round picks. Or is he a free agent starting tomorrow? How does it all work for a 21 year old XFL safety?

Don’t speak his name! You’ll expose the sleeper prospect! Lol jk

but yeah I really really like Robinson. I think he could have been a 2nd/3rd rounder Easily if not for him leaving WVU.

Edited by jimkelly02
From what I heard Robinson is draft eligible

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

That why Ruggs should be the pick at 12 he has a quality you can't teach that speed.

I totally agree but Mayock’s comments suggest that they’ll take a guy who can run more route concepts. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I love WRs that can block and Lamb’s a good one.  Idk how you could ever not want to just smack the CB that’s been talking crud all game.  I use to love going in motion in pop warner and crack blocking the DE or OLB back in pop warner.  Nothing better than lighting up someone whose not expecting it!  

WR blocking is highly underrated.  Think about it like this....

on those plays Jacobs gets to the 2nd or third level a good block, which really is 80% effort and mentality, is what turns that 8-12ish yard run into a 30,40 yarder or TD.  A good block by an OLmen will get a RB 3-4yds but a good block by a WR puts points on the board.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jeff Gladney is starting to grow on me. 

Been looking at CB and I like a lot of guys that will be 2nd/3rd rounders...

Okudah is a top guy so not without trading up

Henderson's tackling drops him like Greedy IMO so hoping not at 19

Fulton's off field makes me pass at 19

Terrell I'd really like in the 2nd

Johnson I've liked what I've read and his size is great.

Gladney would be great but I'm not sure if I'd take him before the other's but it's a coin toss between Gladney and Johnson's position on my board.

Diggs doesn't seem like a scheme fit but has the talent to be here.

Arnette isn't one I'd target but reading other comments he seemed good here

Hall I barely knew but I keep seeing his name up high so here's the spot.

Igbinoghene, hasn't played the position long but I like the upside in the 3rd.

Dantzler I had higher until he ran a slower 40. Wouldn't pass him up if he's there and all the others are gone by 91.

That's 11 CB's that could add depth to our unit. I like the odds of landing one.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, G said:

Been looking at CB and I like a lot of guys that will be 2nd/3rd rounders...

Okudah is a top guy so not without trading up

Henderson's tackling drops him like Greedy IMO so hoping not at 19

Fulton's off field makes me pass at 19

Terrell I'd really like in the 2nd

Johnson I've liked what I've read and his size is great.

Gladney would be great but I'm not sure if I'd take him before the other's but it's a coin toss between Gladney and Johnson's position on my board.

Diggs doesn't seem like a scheme fit but has the talent to be here.

Arnette isn't one I'd target but reading other comments he seemed good here

Hall I barely knew but I keep seeing his name up high so here's the spot.

Igbinoghene, hasn't played the position long but I like the upside in the 3rd.

Dantzler I had higher until he ran a slower 40. Wouldn't pass him up if he's there and all the others are gone by 91.

That's 11 CB's that could add depth to our unit. I like the odds of landing one.

Luckily there’s good depth at our biggest needs WR and CB.  It wouldn’t suprise me I’d we double dipped at WR and CB.  If not 2 CBS maybe 1 and 1 safety.  I’d be surprised if we didn’t!

• Like 2