2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Henderson is a really good cover guy with the potential to be great. It’s been known that we want a #1 CB to pair with Mullen. But I’m hoping Mayock passes on him at 12. Don’t like CBs who aren’t willing to tackle.

I understand all this... we def need a starting CB to pair with Mullen,,,, but does Mayock feel CB is a bigger need than WR? 

im really just trying to get peoples opinions here not argue.  I guess one could say Henderson is substantial better than Fulton, Terrell, Johnson, Diggs and The draft is so deep at WR we can get a guy at 19 or later.  

9 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Henderson is a really good cover guy with the potential to be great. It’s been known that we want a #1 CB to pair with Mullen. But I’m hoping Mayock passes on him at 12. Don’t like CBs who aren’t willing to tackle.

I don't know how more people aren't talking about Jaylon Johnson at #19 he's a shut down corner.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Funny you say this, because that was my thought too. You want a safety like Jamal Adams, go get Jamal Adams. I'll take a proven commodity over crapshoot every time. Still sucks they didn't look at Minkah last year.

Vikings want to trade Harris, wonder what that looks like.

Minkah for Chicago’s 1st would look real nice right about now.  Substantially better than Delpit and McKinney not to mention his cap cost is a less since Miami paid the signing bonus (10M of 16M Contract, so Minkah only costs Pitt under 5M for 3 years plus the 5th year option)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I don't know how more people aren't talking about Jaylon Johnson at #19 he's a shut down corner.

Do you think he’s a solid starter or do you think he’ll become an elite, shutdown CB?  Big difference there.  
I will say he’s very underrated.  All 3 years he’s given up very low catch, yards, TD, passer rating.  He’s got a good track record.  Also a good tackler.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I understand all this... we def need a starting CB to pair with Mullen,,,, but does Mayock feel CB is a bigger need than WR? 

im really just trying to get peoples opinions here not argue.  I guess one could say Henderson is substantial better than Fulton, Terrell, Johnson, Diggs and The draft is so deep at WR we can get a guy at 19 or later.  

I get you man. I think it may also have to do with Mayock commenting about the lack of bang for your buck when it comes to first round WRs historically. I do agree that WR is a huge need though.

3 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I get you man. I think it may also have to do with Mayock commenting about the lack of bang for your buck when it comes to first round WRs historically. I do agree that WR is a huge need though.

That mayock comment was interesting.  Partly cuz it’s true.  But if he didn’t want to go WR at 12 then why leave that spot unfilled in FA (yes I know the talent in FA sucked).  I just don’t know what to make of it.  Maybe he was playing games to try and get Lamb/Jeudy to fall past Jets and Arizona (at the time of comment).

19 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Do you think he’s a solid starter or do you think he’ll become an elite, shutdown CB?  Big difference there.  
I will say he’s very underrated.  All 3 years he’s given up very low catch, yards, TD, passer rating.  He’s got a good track record.  Also a good tackler.

I said shutdown

We’re taking Ruggs at 12, he’s a perfect fit for What Grudens offense is missing. Then Mayock is gonna hedge his bet with another WR. in round 3, hopefully Pittman. 

or at least that’s my prediction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Why do you think that’s who we take at 12?  I get 19, I can live with 19 but why do you think MM doesn’t go WR and instead takes the poorest tackling CB, after we just traded away Conley for some of the same reasons?

(I get you don’t want him, im curious as to Why you think Mayock does)

Because CJ won’t be there at 19. If the Raiders want a CB who can start from day one then that really limits their choices even more. CJ Henderson is one of them that can start right away. Fulton, AJ, Johnson imo are not plug and play guys they will need time. While I don’t like the value of Henderson at 12 he is really good and is built like a prototypical CB that they desire. 

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

He’s just desperate for some credibility... since he’s been exposed in the draft forum.

He gets dunked on so hard in the draft forum it's hilarious.

My favorite was when said this in regards to PFF:

On 3/10/2020 at 11:38 AM, BayRaider said:

And they don’t watch football games. They outsource it to India who put a check or minus on everything that they tell them to look for. Have heard this from multiple interns. 

Actually said he heard from "multiple interns" lol

Which I found hilarious... because he made the whole thing up from something I posted from Reddit over 2 years ago about them out sourcing to India.

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

We’re taking Ruggs at 12, he’s a perfect fit for What Grudens offense is missing. Then Mayock is gonna hedge his bet with another WR. in round 3, hopefully Pittman. 

or at least that’s my prediction.

Agreed. Our love for Ruggs is the draft's worst kept secret. Just like our love for Jacobs leading up to the draft last year. You want to build an offense that can compete with the Chiefs? Emulate what they do. We already have an All-Pro playmaking TE to match Kelce, Ruggs gives us the speedster playmaker to match Hill. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Funny you say this, because that was my thought too. You want a safety like Jamal Adams, go get Jamal Adams. I'll take a proven commodity over crapshoot every time. Still sucks they didn't look at Minkah last year.

Vikings want to trade Harris, wonder what that looks like.

Harris has an $11.1M cap hit and Adams has a $7.1M cap hit, would we be able to make the cap situation work with either guy? Plus they're both on one year deals so we'd have to agree to a lengthy extension with either player at the time of the trade. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Harris has an $11.1M cap hit and Adams has a $7.1M cap hit, would we be able to make the cap situation work with either guy? Plus they're both on one year deals so we'd have to agree to a lengthy extension with either player at the time of the trade. 

Valid points but just a little correction... Adams does have a 5th year option we could pick up and Jets have to eat hthe signing bonus 3.5m/yr so we’d only pay 0.825M salary and $2.766m roster bonus, or 3.6M