2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I’m hoping Okudah falls to 12, somehow, some way. Odds are not good. In none of my mocks does he fall to 12. 

But it is certainly possible:

Lions get Derrick Brown, who they love apparently (if true) and DT is their biggest need on their roster. 

Giants are going OT very likely. 

Panthers have ran one of the most zone heavy schemes in the NFL for ages. That franchise using Pick 7 on Okudah is highly unlikely. Panthers are a 3rd-4th Round Corner team. They always have been. Just like Seattle. Let’s say Panthers go Simmons. 

So now you have Cardinals, OT or EDGE is almost a certainty here. 

Now the Jaguars. This is where Okudah almost never makes it beyond for me in mocks. But what if Jags select Justin Herbert or Jordan Love? Entirely possible. They are no where near as high on Minshew as Jag fans lead you to believe.

Browns - OT 

Jets - OT/WR

Raiders - Okudah

I’d say this has a 10% chance at best of happening, but it’d be a fantastic celebration for all of us. Beers on me if this happens. Well, for most of you. 

The only scenario that I could see that happening would be something like: 

1. Cincinatti - Joe Burrow

2. Washington - Chase Young

3. LAC (trade w/Detroit) - Tua Tagovailo 

4. NYG - Tristian Wirfs 

5. Miami - Justin Herbert 

6. Detroit - Derrick Brown 

7. Carolina - Isaiah Simmons

8. Arizona - Mekhi Becton

9. Jacksonville - CeeDee Lamb

10. Cleveland - Jedrick Willis 

11. NYJ - Jerry Jeudy

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The only scenario that I could see that happening would be something like: 

1. Cincinatti - Joe Burrow

2. Washington - Chase Young

3. LAC (trade w/Detroit) - Tua Tagovailo 

4. NYG - Tristian Wirfs 

5. Miami - Justin Herbert 

6. Detroit - Derrick Brown 

7. Carolina - Isaiah Simmons

8. Arizona - Mekhi Becton

9. Jacksonville - CeeDee Lamb

10. Cleveland - Jedrick Willis 

11. NYJ - Jerry Jeudy

I really can't see Jacksonville using Pick 9 on a WR, especially when they have a need at CB and Okudah is on the board. And they have Pick 20 for a WR.

I think only way Jags don't go Okudah is if they decide to roll the dice on Herbert or Love. Which is definitely possible. Once again, I highly doubt that organization is as high on Minshew as Jag Fans on FF lead you to believe. Minshew is a backup QB.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:
@BayRaider has talked with multiple interns who have said my non sense is out sourced to India

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/25645-who-trades-up-for-tua/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-2660490

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So now we are going off topic entirely from the original point and you sound highly defensive over PFF.

And they don’t watch football games. They outsource it to India who put a check or minus on everything that they tell them to look for. Have heard this from multiple interns. 

here’s where @BayRaider’s “multiple intern” Rumor came from:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/774bxm/is_pro_football_focus_credible/

@BayRaider took a 2+ year old old reddit rumor and then said he knows “multiple interns” so well that they would divulged A multimillion dollar corporation‘s top secret and potentially devastating secrets.  You know his ratings and hot takes are gonna be spot on because he’s got friends in the scouting industry!  He’s well connected like that. He’s credible!  

looks like he was also deflecting back in that Tua post and blaming some other poster as “being defensive” much like he does all over this board.

The gigs up Fraudster (@BayRaider)!  So who are your buddies at PFF? Who are your sources? Or are you going to call yourself a “Draft Journalist” and hide behind “source protection”?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I really can't see Jacksonville using Pick 9 on a WR, especially when they have a need at CB and Okudah is on the board. And they have Pick 20 for a WR.

I think only way Jags don't go Okudah is if they decide to roll the dice on Herbert or Love. Which is definitely possible. Once again, I highly doubt that organization is as high on Minshew as Jag Fans on FF lead you to believe. Minshew is a backup QB.

I think it really just depends on how they value the WR's in the class. Lamb, Ruggs, and Jeudy will all certainly be off of the board by #20 and adding one of those three to their current WR group would give them one of the most explosive young WR corp's in the league. Plus there will be a ton of CB's on the board when they're picking at #20 with guys like Diggs, Johnson, Terrell, etc. 

I think another sleeper pick for them at #9 isK'Lavon Chaisson. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think it really just depends on how they value the WR's in the class. Lamb, Ruggs, and Jeudy will all certainly be off of the board by #20 and adding one of those three to their current WR group would give them one of the most explosive young WR corp's in the league. Plus there will be a ton of CB's on the board when they're picking at #20 with guys like Diggs, Johnson, Terrell, etc. 

I think another sleeper pick for them at #9 isK'Lavon Chaisson. 

Yeah I think one of the edges may go Top 10 and shock everyone like Ferrell last year. Either Chaisson or Gross-Matos. 

Chaisson to the Cardinals at 8 is a sneaky selection. They need an EDGE and run a 3-4. They also just sured up their OT situation. 

38 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah I think one of the edges may go Top 10 and shock everyone like Ferrell last year. Either Chaisson or Gross-Matos. 

Chaisson to the Cardinals at 8 is a sneaky selection. They need an EDGE and run a 3-4. They also just sured up their OT situation. 

Is Chaisson to ‘Zona just a hunch? Or did one of your “insiders” give you that tip?

I can’t see Arizona not going OT.  Their LB unit isn’t amazing but the did add Kennard and Campbell plus Hicks last year.

And if Okudah gets to 9, Jax ain’t even gonna listen to trade offers cuz that card will go right to the commissioner.

Edited by jimkelly02

16 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Is Chaisson to ‘Zona just a hunch? Or did one of your “insiders” give you that tip?

A hunch based on need? Your reaching has become of epic proportions. I didn’t even predict it happening. Said it could happen. Which it could. They need a 3-4 EDGE guy. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

A hunch based on need? Your reaching has become of epic proportions. I didn’t even predict it happening. Said it could happen. Which it could. They need a 3-4 EDGE guy. 

They aren’t bare at LB, sure they could use upgrades but it’s not a pressing need and passing up on Thomas, Wills, and Wirfs (to a lesser extent) when they all are BPA’s over Chaisson would be kinda odd.  
it could happen sure.  I just was wondering if you just kinda thought this up or if one of your insider bff’s in the scouting industry gave you another inside hint. I checked Reddit but didn’t see anything, maybe they Only told you.

Edited by jimkelly02

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

They aren’t bare at LB, sure they could use upgrades but it’s not a pressing need and passing up on Thomas, Wills, and Wirfs (to a lesser extent) when they all are BPA’s over Chaisson would be kinda odd.  
it could happen sure.  I just was wondering if you just kinda thought this up or if one of your insider bff’s in the scouting industry gave you another inside hint.

Tf are you talking about? What insider? When have I hinted towards an insider? The things you come up with are literally unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Tf are you talking about? What insider? When have I hinted towards an insider? The things you come up with are literally unbelievable. 

I thought you were friends with “several pff interns”

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Pff .... Have heard this from multiple interns. 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Meh. FWIW Daniel Jeremiah has Johnson as the #3 CB on his board (#29 overall prospect) and considers him a plug and play starter. If he reaches his ceiling he'll be a high quality outside starting CB, that's certainly worth the 19th pick. Plus I could see another scenario similar to what happened with the 4th pick last year. We want to move down but don't find a deal that provides the value that we want so we reach a little to fill a major hole. 

ETA

In terms of physical profile, Johnson is actually very similar to Mullen. 

Johnson (6'0" 193, 31 3/8" arms, 9 3/8" hands)

4.50 forty, 15 bench reps, 36.5" vertical jump, 124" broad jump, 7.01 3-cone drill

Mullen (6'1" 199, 31" arms, 9 1/8" hands)

4.46 forty, 7 bench reps, 34.5" vertical jump, 123" broad jump, 7.08 3-cone drill

Very interesting, didn't realise how close they were in athletic profile. As has been mentioned previously we gave Lawson and Apple in house so a rookie wouldn't be forced to start immediately and with Johnson I see a transition similar to Mullens, needs to work on his impulsiveness and polish up his technique a bit and I think he'll be great. He could start straight away but he might be hit a little and miss until he matures as a pro.

• Like 1

This is how I see the draft going in the top 15

Cincinnati Bengals - This pick is almost assuredly Joe Burrow, the second place is Joe Burrow to Miami for an asinine amount of compensation and third Chase Young

Washington Redskins -  I think this pick is as frequently written in as Chase Young, but I think it's significantly less likely. I think this is the spot trade calls come in as Detroit makes a lot of sense and whatever team is in the race for Detroit's pick is going to offer it to Washington also because why wouldnt you. Miami's 5th and 18th for example is an attractive starting point that likely a winning trade to Detroit and an appealing one for the Skins to consider. If the trade offer exists I think this is 60% trade down (5+18 basis point trade, might expand to another significant pick with including Trent Williams) and 40% Chase Young. I think the trade up is more likely too, as a team might feel Young is worth coming up for. Another idea is the Redskins are on the clock with the deal in place with Miami or whatever, and then force Detroit to pay a Bears/49ers Trubiski trade up style to get Young first, then execute the Miami deal at 3 squeeze additional value.

Detroit Lions - I think this is Chase Young's floor and he is near 100% the pick if the Skin's pass. Aside for that I think trade down is the most likely option followed by a trio of Jeff Okudah, Derrick Brown and Isaiah Simmons.

New York Giants - I think this is another trade down spot, and I think the most likely is the Jaguars moving up for Jeff Okudah for 9 and 42 as the basis point of the trade. Alternatively I think the Chargers have a shout out move here with leaping Miami if the QB board falls in a certain way and everyone has stayed put and the Chargers love a QB. I think this is the one team that -could- trade up to 1 with the Bengals and take Chase Young, with it not being highly likely but I could see Cincinnati accepting a ransom to move to 4 (worst case scenario the third QB is on the board and they would need to not be all in on Joe Burrow, like Tua and Herbert/or/Love would need close evals) the compensation package would likely look dummy gross for a non-QB top pick trade up but I don't think it's completely ridiculous as it also keep Young off the Redskins and kinda forces them into an awkward draft room 15 minutes into the draft. Staying in place though with Burrow and Young 100% gone, Tua likely gone (trade up to WAS or DET), and Derrick Brown, Jeff Okudah, and Isaiah Simmons likely available but having been previously considered -- I think the Giants would target in order Mekhi Becton, Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs, Isaiah Simmons and Jedrick Wills. The tackles storm the board with them being the greatest benefit to improving previous high selections of Jones and Barkley and Brown and Okudah slide out of contention here with high investments in DL (Dexter Lawrence, Leonard Williams trade) and CB (DeAndre Baker, like he was burned but was a 1st rounder last year can't swing all that frequently at the same position without seeing them through).

Miami Dolphins - I think the most likely, as I've said, is them moving up likely to 2 or 3, but  should they offer the Skins' and the Skins reject and go Young, then the Lions go on the clock really seemingly ready to wheel the pick, I think Miami could say YOLO let the board fall. The reasoning is that one of the QBs is here, even if that QB is Love later with support from a LT here. I think Miami's board is likely in order Tua, Herbert, Wirfs, Thomas, Wills, Becton. Once again players that have been considered in Okudah, Simmons and Brown I don't think are legit threats to go here barring a trade up, and I don't see that as likely either with Miami's needs at QB and LT, however if the Skins moved to 5 and 18, I could see 5 being listed for sale again to like the Jaguars for the same basis Okudah trade up scenario netting Washington 9, 18, and 42 while keeping their sights on a LT while also still shopping Trent Williams (maybe 56 in a package to MIA when they went to 2).

Thats the first 5 picks so I'll make a mock list real quick:
1. Bengals: Joe Burrow, QB LSU
2. Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama
3. Lions: Chase Young, DE Ohio State
4. Giants: Mekhi Becton, LT Louisville
5. Jaguars: Jeff Okudah, CB Ohio State

Los Angeles Chargers - In the above scenario it's a does the Chargers value Herbert or protection. Given how bad their OL has been for years and that they traded their tackle for a guard, I think this is the second LT off the board with I think a real feeling of QBs at this point are developmental and it's a wildcard shot argument Bills style with Tyrod with protection. I think such a plan could have taken root around the time they floated the idea of benching Rivers, I'd have Andrew Thomas leading the pack followed by the rest of the LT prospects, then Herbert and I think this is basically Herbert's ceiling unless Tua failed Miami's medicals or something crazy.

Carolina Panthers - This team needs a bunch of things on the defensive side of the ball with like three building block core pieces in Short, Burns and Shaq Thompson. I've read they are looking at being a multiple defense so flexible prospects are really attractive and the most flexible on the board previously considered would be Isaiah Simmons. He somewhat fills the void of Luke's retirement and has versatility at linebacker inside and outside as well as a safety. Having said that, their is also argument for Okudah and Derrick Brown. I would assume Simmons is the pick for reasons stated, but that also leaves a pretty full board up to this point for the Panthers and this is the range where trading up from the middle of the first becomes more affordable, and in this scenario I have Justin Herbert on board. I could see the Patriots going for it here. It wouldn't be full value for a premium QB and if they don't accept your offer there is few threats to take Herbert and many potential trade partners -- something like 23 and the three thirds is 1100 points and then float a future first with the potential to either be a high pick if it was Brady that was the element of success in NE and it has to be a little enticing. Should Okudah be here, one has to think the Vikings would consider leaping the Jaguars as well to get Okudah. With that all said I think the Panthers would take the Patriots deal and have ammo in 2021 to take Lawrence if Teddy isn't a starter or completely redefine the defense if he is.

Arizona Cardinals - The Cardinals locked up their LT and traded for DeAndre Hopkins so the obvious picks here aren't really needs, but they could easily consider one of the tackles to bookend Humphries. I think this becomes another primed trade down spot, but not as far down as the Panthers as I don't think the Cardinals would be as interested in future picks, just enhanced value. In the scenario where Okudah is available I think the Raiders knock for a trade for example. In this scenario though I could see the Buccaneers offering 14 and 45 for 8, 114 and 131. That places the Cardinals back into the second round after trading for Hopkins while still delivering a top 15 select the Buccaneers would be motivated by Becton and Thomas being off the board with the OL needy Redskins, Browns and Jets coming up shortly with a need to protect Brady -- and Tristan Wirfs blows the athletic profile out of the water and Arians took an athletic LT for Arizona back in the day in Humphries so I think the fit should be there. Staying as is potentially I think the board includes those tackles available, but needs don't outweigh value in recouping the second.

Jacksonville Jaguars -- Had they not traded up for Okudah, taking him here would be my top prediction, but I don't think they risk that happening given a Raiders to Arizona's pick seems so easy, the Jaguars other selections that make sense to me are Tristan Wirfs to compete with Cam Robinson at LT and replace AJ Cann at RG as a fall back, Derrick Brown to pair next to Abry Jones if Taven Bryan is considered more of a DE to them, or Isaiah Simmons. Here this is the Redskins pick though, and with the Giants, Chargers, and Buccaneers having grabbed LTs and the Browns and Jets ondeck, the Redskins grab the fourth of the big four in Jedrick Wills with consideration going to pairing Scary Terry with another WR for Haskins development. I think they will be happy with protection though.

Cleveland Browns -- The Browns just saw the last of the big four go, and turn their eyes towards Isaiah Simmons and  Derrick Brown as pretty true BPA arguments, and I feel as if Isaiah Simmons makes the better case as the Browns cut Kirksey and lost Schobert to the Giants. I think Ceedee Lamb also makes sense, but requires a trade of Odell Beckham which is a little difficult to find a value for after a down year in Cleveland and Hopkins going to for little. However Ceedee's relationship with Baker and a new front office that may want to separate from Odell it's a option I think.

That's the next 5 picks making it
6. Chargers: Andrew Thomas, LT Georgia
7. Patriots: Justin Herbert, QB Oregon
8. Buccaneers: Tristan Wirfs, LT Iowa
9. Redskins: Jedrick Wills, LT Alabama
10. Browns: Isaiah Simmons, LB Clemson

New York Jets -- With the tackles off the board and I guess the Jets could argue they "addressed" the position in FA anyways, and having lost Robby Anderson to a 10mil per year deal to Carolina, Ceedee Lamb and Jerry Jeudy really stand out as options. Although I have Ceedee considered previously for other teams I feel like Jerry Jeudy is the better option for the Jets with his route running.

Las Vegas Raiders -- Derrick Brown and Ceedee Lamb are the two available that I think we would target here. Ceedee is the bigger need of the two but also the "good value" pick at the deeper position in the class, whereas Derrick Brown has top 5 pick potential so "great value", a shallower position in the class and is also a lesser need. Both seem like good character prospects to me, but Derrick Brown is my favorite prospect in the draft a Lott IMPACT (Integrity, Maturity, Performance, Academics, Community, and Tenacity) awardee (Carl Nassib was too, btw). Check his leadership resume: https://auburntigers.com/news/2019/1/20/football-the-leader-all-sec-defensive-lineman-derrick-brown.aspx . The reason I think he -may- be here is I see the potential major threats to take him as Detroit, Jacksonville, and Cleveland -- an in my mock they land Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, and Isaiah Simmons all of which are also blue chip prospects.

San Francisco 49ers -- I have to think there would be a lot of consideration towards Ceedee Lamb here, but also towards Javon Kinlaw should Solomon Thomas not be viewed as more than rotational. The success of the DL was instrumental in their run up to the SB, which included games where JimmyG essentially didn't have to pass the ball. If Kinlaw is what runs that back, I think that's the pick and it's certainly in the correct range. The threat of the passing game truly opens up though if you pair Ceedee with Deebo outside with Kittle in between. I think they  roll with Ceedee here, but it's not an absolute slam dunk over all other considerations. I feel as if the 49ers could be targeting a similar board as the Raiders in the range, but the lack of 2nd round picks will make it interesting to see if one jumps the other (ie. 49ers jump to Jets for Derrick Brown, which is reliant on Jets liking Jeudy and Lamb similarly as it's then the Raiders who make the WR pick, and they have to gamble that the 49ers don't go Jeudy/Lamb then the Raiders take the other and the Jets are left with the tackles and WRs run on leaving them with Ruggs, Josh Jones or like CJ Henderson which is a legit gamble given the compensation is unpredictable as it would take the 49ers two firsts for the Jets first and two thirds or something similar).

Tampa Bay  Buccaneers -- I have them trading up for Tristan Wirfs here, and I'm not sure they would be fans of how the board has fallen had they stayed and may consider moving down with Philadelphia targeting Josh Jones Austin Jackson for the Eagles looking at Ruggs at 14, a pick before Denver (who also may like Jackson and Jones). The other option I would see is maybe Javon Kinlaw with Suh only returning on a 1 year deal. However here it's the Cardinals pick, and the Cardinals can take K'Lavon Chaisson to pair with Chandler Jones, once again Javon Kinlaw would be considered but with their selection of Zach Allen last year and cutting Suggs I feel the edge player takes precedence.

Denver Broncos -- Henry Ruggs III to pair opposite Sutton and give Lock a fighting chance, the other candidates I see for this pick are Javon Kinlaw to replace Derek Wolfe and Josh Jones to replace Garrett Bolles whose penalties are an issue for Denver.

That's 5 more picks so we are at:
6. Chargers: Andrew Thomas, LT Georgia
7. Patriots: Justin Herbert, QB Oregon
8. Buccaneers: Tristan Wirfs, LT Iowa
9. Redskins: Jedrick Wills, LT Alabama
10. Browns: Isaiah Simmons, LB Clemson
11. Jets: Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama
12. Raiders: Derrick Brown, DT Auburn
13. 49ers: Ceedee Lamb, WR Oklahoma
14. Cardinals: K'Lavon Chaisson, Edge LSU
15. Broncos: Henry Ruggs III, WR Alabama

Atlanta Falcons -- Defensive line is an issue worth addressing with Javon Kinlaw once again appearing in contention, and others include a cornerback like CJ Henderson to replace Trufant, along the lines of Kinlaw is AJ Epenesa should combine matter less than Kinlaw's hip and knee concerns. I have Chaisson going with his injury history in range and I feel as if Kinlaw to Falcons just makes too much sense and he feels like a good pairing with Fowler and Tak McKinley to bring a more interior pressure and pick 47 should be in CB range.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 3