2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I spent the better part of this evening watching every Wisconsin defensive snap from Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, both Ohio State games, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota and Oregon from 2019.

Zach Baun is exactly what we need as a SAM. He can play LB in the base and DE in Nickel. 

So in addition to the trade up to 7 for Okudah. I would trade back with Seattle who sees the pass rusher the way (Espensa or YGM) on the board and jumps for him. 19 + 80 (1065pts) ==> 27+59+101 (1086pts).

Take Zack Baun at 27.

With the depth of WR of this class I think there will be a game changer there early in the 2nd, so the raiders package up the picks and move into the top end of the 2nd and get Brandon Aiyuk or the BPA. 59 + 91 +159 (472pts) for 43 (470pts).

7. Jeff Okudah

27. Zack Baun

43. Brandon Aiyuk

91. Solomon Kindley

101. AJ Dillon

121. Khalid Kareem 

Let's Go!!

Hell of a draft. 

What I expect on draft night:

12. Jerry Jeudy/CeeDee Lamb/Henry Ruggs III

19. Jaylon Johnson/AJ Terrell/Ross Blacklock/Zack Baun

What I want to happen with trades:

Late 1st: Jaylon Johnson

Late 1st: Zack Baun

Mid 2nd: Aiyuk or Higgins

81. Jalen Hurts

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I fully support any trade up for Okudah if he starts to get to pick 7 or 8. A lot of things would have to fall into place for him to fall that far. 

Same. I'd support a small trade up for Okudah or Derrick Brown. If we get Okudah we'll have one of the most exciting young CB tandems in the league. If we get Brown our interior pass rush should be insane with him and Collins, and he'd give us a third young defensive lineman to build around with Crosby/Ferrell. Hell if we added Brown our starting DL could be set for the next few seasons with Ferrell - Brown - Collins - Crosby. 

Jeff Okudah really is such an elite prospect in every way possible. 

Height: 6'1" (81st percentile)

Weight: 205 (90th percentile)

Arm length: 32 5/8" (88th percentile)

40 time: 4.48 (58th percentile)

Vertical: 41" (95th percentile)

Broad: 135" (98th percentile) 

2019 season

58 targets, 27 receptions allowed (46%), 282 yards (10.4 avg), 1 TD allowed, 3 INT, 11 PD, 45.3 passer rating allowed

Not to mention he had zero dropped INT, only allowed 2 completions of 20+ yards, and never allowed more than 50 yards in any single game all year. 

One way Okudah could fall down the board to like #8: 

1. Cincinatti: Joe Burrow 

2. Washington: Chase Young

3. LA Chargers (trade w/Detroit): Tua Tagovailoa 

4. New York: Mekhi Becton

5. Miami: Justin Herbert

6. Detroit: Derrick Brown

7. Carolina: Isaiah Simmons

You guys see MJD's mock lol

1. Bengals - Justin Herbert (lol)
2. Chargers (lol) - Tua Tagovailoa (lol)
3. Giants (lol) - Chase Young (seriously if this happened and then the Lions moved down a spot passing on Young I think Detroit would riot)
4. Lions - Derrick Brown
5. Dolphins - Joe Burrow (big congrats Miami lol)
6. Redskins - Isaiah Simmons (lol to move down and the team you moved down with wasn't MIA for more 1sts this year is the wrong move down imo)
7. Jaguars - Jeff Okudah (I see you helping your team MJD, I wonder what he gives us)
8. Cardinals - Jedrick Wills (imo of the pretty likely tackle taking teams, ARI is the least likely... then it's also Wills first?)
9. Panthers - Javon Kinlaw (aight that one is kinda interesting for CAR if Okudah Simmons and Brown are gone)
10. Browns - Tristan Wirfs (congrats Cleveland)
11. Jets - Mekhi Becton (aight)
12. Raiders - Jerry Jeudy
13. 49ers - Henry Ruggs
14. Buccs - Andrew Thomas
15. Broncos - Ceedee Lamb
16. Falcons - CJ Henderson
17. Cowboys - Klavon Chaisson (I don't like this one, but okay it's not like the beginning of the draft)
18. Dolphins - Austin Jackson (tbh if you are going to hit the lotto and get Burrow to fall to 5, you better use some dang resources to get him a big four LT tbh, like hit up Carolina and take Wirfs)
19. Raiders - Patrick Queen (I kinda feel like this missed we signed two LBs for like 7mil and 13 mil or whatever we gave them)
20. Jaguars - Raekwon Davis (woow.)
21. Eagles - Kenneth Murray
22. Vikings - Kristian Fulton
23. Patriots - Jalen Hurts (woooooow.)
24. Saints - Treyvon Diggs
25. Vikings - Yetur Gross Matos
26. Dolphins - DeAndre Swift
27. Seahawks - Josh Jones (I low key like this one as a potential Seahawk)
28. Ravens - Terrell Lewis (I feel like this was just Edge + Alabama = Raven pick)
29. Titans - Jonathan Taylor (so... Henry + Taylor is a thing I guess lol, surely Titans don't go RB in the first after taggin Henry like that's gotta be disrespect on an extreme level right?)
30. Packers - Justin Jefferson
31. 49ers - Ross Blacklock
32. Chiefs - Clyde Edwards Helaire (come on MJD 3 RBs in the first?)

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

One way Okudah could fall down the board to like #8: 

1. Cincinatti: Joe Burrow 

2. Washington: Chase Young

3. LA Chargers (trade w/Detroit): Tua Tagovailoa 

4. New York: Mekhi Becton

5. Miami: Justin Herbert

6. Detroit: Derrick Brown

7. Carolina: Isaiah Simmons

Why wouldn't Arizona just take Okudah? Have Peterson and Okudah as boundaries and Murphy as the nickel. Okudah is the blue chip prospect I would think Arizona would really want (along with Chase Young).

Edited by Trojan

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Why wouldn't Arizona just take Okudah? Have Peterson and Okudah as boundaries and Murphy as the nickel. Okudah is the blue chip prospect I would think Arizona would really want (along with Chase Young).

Lions would take him. They get the player they want after trading down and getting picks. It would be a super win for the lions. 

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

In this scenario we'd be giving up a good chunk of draft capital to move up. Plus moving to #12 they'd still have a chance to land one of Wirfs/Thomas/Willis. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Lions would take him. They get the player they want after trading down and getting picks. It would be a super win for the lions. 

I still wouldn't even rule out Derrick Brown at #3 tbh. The Lions ranked 2nd to last in the league in sacks last season and need to add more talent on their DL. Shelton and Williams were okay pickups but they're going to struggle to get after the QB again this year. A good secondary can only do so much if your front 7 can't generate pressure consistently. 

Edited by NYRaider

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Over the last 5 years only 3 rookie WR's have put up 1,000+ yards. Amari Cooper, Michael Thomas, and A.J. Brown. 

Jerry Jeudy will do it this year. So polished. Ruggs has the highest ceiling of anyone though.