2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Personally I don't think whoever we draft at WR needs to be dominant in year one like a lot of other people on the forum. That's another reason why I prefer Ruggs over Lamb or Jeudy. With Ruggs you know you're getting a 60-70 catch guy that you can utilize in other ways as well. 

I don't disagree. Bubble screens. Slants.. jet sweep. He's weapon u need to account for and opens up **** for Jacobs and waller

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

He is a great player I’m not denying that. But the lions would take Okudah over Brown it’s just that simple.

Those clips actually just make my point lol

I definitely think there's a strong possibility the pick is Okudah. But at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they took Brown at #3 or at #5/#6 with a trade down. Patricia comes from New England and their philosophy has always been to build from the trenches out. 5/6 of New England's most recent first round picks were spent on offensive or defensive linemen. 

If you go Brown in the first round there's still a strong possibility you can get a CB like Jaylon Johnson, AJ Terrell, Ryan Gladney, or Noah Igbinoghene at #34. 

Another surprise pick I could see them making is taking Isaiah Simmons. Adding Simmons along with Jamie Collins would give them a ton of flexibility with what they can do schematically. 

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I like the trade downs to pick up extra draft capital. Not sure why the Buccaneers would jump two spots for an OT considering SF is likely going WR at #13. And I'd also be extremely pissed off if we invested that early of a pick into a guard. In that scenario I'd prefer #14 - CeeDee Lamb, #35 - AJ Terrell, #39 - Baun/Winfield Jr/Dugger/Okwara. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

From SI 

It’s no secret that the Lions are open for business with the third pick.

The Lions have so much leverage especially with the top two picks all but locked in on Burrow/Young. I'd ask Miami for #5/#18 and Los Angeles for #6/#37/#71/#112 to move up into the third spot. 

I wonder if there's any third mystery team that could make the move up? Jacksonville could probably get it down with #9/#20/#42. 

9 hours ago, raidr4life said:

The next Max Crosby?

Interesting watch...I feel like 5-6 smart gms saw the success Mayock had with Crosby and won't let it be so easy to grab a steal like that again. Great tape and production and if he can hit the weight room and nutrition program correctly he could have similar impact. Crosby went in the beginning of the 4th in a pretty shallow edge rusher draft. This year the pool is deeper so it will all be on trying to weight Tuszka production vs weaker comp in most case and potential vs other major conference players with their higher level of comp but lesser production.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

He is a great player I’m not denying that. But the lions would take Okudah over Brown it’s just that simple.

Those clips actually just make my point lol

Do you work for the Lions. Because I think it's a 70/30 shot they take Brown over Okudah. You are again speaking in absolutes when you have no knowledge of the situation.

13 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Do you work for the Lions. Because I think it's a 70/30 shot they take Brown over Okudah. You are again speaking in absolutes when you have no knowledge of the situation.

I know who there head coach is and where he comes from. Please tell me what is the main piece that all the pats teams had on defense? A shut down CB.. That is the engine that makes everything work for the type of defense they run. Who is the Lions HC? Oh yeah a former DC for the Pats. CB is just a more important for that system that Patrica is trying to run with the Lions.

You want Okudah to fall so the Raiders can trade up for him and that’s cool and I would love that, but be realistic about things. 

Edited by agarcia34

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I know who there head coach is and where he comes from. Please tell me what is the main piece that all the pats teams had on defense? A shut down CB.. That is the engine that makes everything work for the type of defense they run. Who is the Lions HC? Oh yeah a former DC for the Pats. CB is just a more important for that system that Patrica is trying to run with the Lions.

You want Okudah to fall so the Raiders can trade up for him and that’s cool and I would love that, but be realistic about things. 

I would say in the Pats systems interior pressure (which Brown will excel at despite you saying he won't like it's a fact) is more important then a shut down corner. But definitely 1 and 2 on the list. 

The bigger hole and the bigger priority for the Lions is on the DL.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Lions have so much leverage especially with the top two picks all but locked in on Burrow/Young. I'd ask Miami for #5/#18 and Los Angeles for #6/#37/#71/#112 to move up into the third spot. 

I wonder if there's any third mystery team that could make the move up? Jacksonville could probably get it down with #9/#20/#42. 

I think Jacksonville is the favorite if the Lions have any interest in Yannick Ngakoue.

Like Yannick Ngakoue, Danny Shelton, Dashawn Hand, Trey Flowers is a decent line. Opens 9 for BPA and that might be Jerry Jeudy tbh as all their WRs are 2021 UFA (obviously Golloday will get that payday or should though). Then 20 could be Javon Kinlaw/CJ Henderson/Patrick Queen/Kenneth Murray/Grant Delpit/Xavier McKinney sorta board.

Like 5+18 they still need an edge and its likely Brown/Okudah at 5 and maybe someone like Yetur Gross Matos at 18. I like the Jaguars option more if I was the Lions as Yannick opens a lot of extra options.

Edited by Trojan

The Pats have elite coverage and average pass rushing. The Lions are trying to emulate that because of Matt Patricia. I think since they’re close as prospects, DET would go Okudah over Brown. However if chase young somehow fell to them, they’d go with Young over Okudah since Young is the highest ceiling prospect of this whole draft. Just my 2 cents