2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

It has already been reported that teams are looking at venues to do the draft like hotel and some gms and hc are hosting their draft teams. not gonna be much different than before. Teams always called in picks and worked THE PHONES to make trades. I don't see the issue.

Yeah I see no major issues happening.  If anything wierd happens they’ll just stop the clock and cut communication lines until it’s resolved quickly.

but anything is possible.  Those reddit autistic kids found the transformer jack off   ‘s flag within like 23 hrs once..... btw great story and the greatest troll job ever performed.... it’s a must have watch on YouTube if you haven’t seen before... so anything is possible.  Luckily this is sports and not video games or comics so those freaks tend to stay as far away as they do from girls.

i don’t think it would be people doing impressions to make deals with teams it’d be blocking a rival teams communication lines or hacking their system.  But most FO guys are old school and prolly have every player on an index card too.

it would be awesome to really mess up your rival teams roster/draft though.

10 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

You are again speaking in absolutes when you have no knowledge of the situation.

Happening a lot around here lately. Probably the need for certainty in uncertain times...

As far as each GM/coach at home I doubt Grudock isn't already sharing the same dwelling. When my Dad heard 'shelter in place' he peeked his head out M14 first from his bomb shelter and asked if others 'are ready for some football.' An under 10 PARTY!!!

Also I'm sure multiple computers and cell phones are in most NFL homes...

Edited by G

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah I see no major issues happening.  If anything wierd happens they’ll just stop the clock and cut communication lines until it’s resolved quickly.

but anything is possible.  Those reddit autistic kids found the transformer jack off   ‘s flag within like 23 hrs once..... btw great story and the greatest troll job ever performed.... it’s a must have watch on YouTube if you haven’t seen before... so anything is possible.  Luckily this is sports and not video games or comics so those freaks tend to stay as far away as they do from girls.

i don’t think it would be people doing impressions to make deals with teams it’d be blocking a rival teams communication lines or hacking their system.  But most FO guys are old school and prolly have every player on an index card too.

it would be awesome to really mess up your rival teams roster/draft though.

Of course anything is possible but I bet everything is run thru the teams facilities even if they are in a different location and it's not like those capabilities just became available this year. Plus I bet the NFL is gonna double down on communications security.

I love all the trades Kirwan and Miller made on SiriusXM. The Raiders ended up with Pick 14, 35, and 39.

14. Jerry Jeudy

At 35 and 39 I’d go Noah Igbinoghene and Justin Madubuike. I like Noah almost as much as any corner in this class. 

7 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

It has already been reported that teams are looking at venues to do the draft like hotel and some gms and hc are hosting their draft teams. not gonna be much different than before. Teams always called in picks and worked THE PHONES to make trades. I don't see the issue.

If they are allowed in the same facility, then shouldn't be an issue. The NFLs letter made it sound like they had to be in their individual homes and that just sounded like a logistical nightmare when trying to make trades, etc.

1. CIN - Joe Burrow QB LSU
2. WAS - Chase Young DE Ohio State
3. DET - traded to Miami for 5 and 26 - Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama
4. NYG - Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson
5. DET (from MIA) - Derrick Brown DT Auburn
6. LAC - Justin Herbert QB Oregon
7. CAR - traded to Las Vegas (7+38 for 12+19) - Jeff Okudah CB Ohio State

38. Laviska Shenault WR Colorado
80. Robert Hunt OG Louisiana
81. Zack Moss RB Utah
91. K'Von Wallace S Clemson
121. Logan Wilson LB Wyoming
159. Jonathan Garvin DE Miami

Daniel Jeremiah mock draft

12. Jerry Jeudy-This decision would likely come down to Jeudy versus Javon Kinlaw

19. AJ Terrell- Terell would reunite with his college teammate, Trayvon Mullen, to give the Raiders two tall, long and rangy CBs to build their secondary around.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If they are allowed in the same facility, then shouldn't be an issue. The NFLs letter made it sound like they had to be in their individual homes and that just sounded like a logistical nightmare when trying to make trades, etc.

They are allowed to be together. They just aren't allowed to be in the facilities 

43 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Daniel Jeremiah mock draft

12. Jerry Jeudy-This decision would likely come down to Jeudy versus Javon Kinlaw

19. AJ Terrell- Terell would reunite with his college teammate, Trayvon Mullen, to give the Raiders two tall, long and rangy CBs to build their secondary around.

He is assuming Lamb is gone at 12, if that is the case I would go Kinlaw over Jeudy and take the risk of landing a WR later in the draft.  

I would hope a trade back from 19 happens and we are able to snag a late 1st early 2nd and another 2nd.  If we can't, are forced to stay at 19 and our pick at 12 was Kinlaw, I would go WR or CB.  

I would say WR is a greater need but CB is a premium position and also a major hole on our roster.  I would personally go Cb and bank on a trade up into the 2nd with two of our 3rd's to snag a WR there.  There is much greater WR depth and value in this draft than CB's.