Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

12 hours ago, showtime said:

Almost all my friends hate the game at this point.  Sigh.  I'm not in love with it, but I still play.  I'm level 72 right now.

I've taken a break. hopefully in the next couple weeks when these patches roll out I'll have more friends playing it.

I've still played a ton, I think I'm level 148

18 hours ago, showtime said:

Almost all my friends hate the game at this point.  Sigh.  I'm not in love with it, but I still play.  I'm level 72 right now.

Yeah this is getting a lot of hate. I actually hate it too...so I may be seeking these out, but YT is flooded with hate videos even from pro players.

I've never been so scared to cross a road in a COD game lol

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah this is getting a lot of hate. I actually hate it too...so I may be seeking these out, but YT is flooded with hate videos even from pro players.

I've never been so scared to cross a road in a COD game lol

What’s the reason for the hate? Haven’t bought it yet

7 hours ago, Tyty said:

What’s the reason for the hate? Haven’t bought it yet

It's very campy, fundamentally. The developers have admitted to catering for new players, and it's translated into the most successful strategy being to sit in a room, claymoring the entrances, closing the doors and waiting for someone to walk in. It's very hard to stay alive (staaaayin' aliiive) when you go outside, it seems. Quick time-to-death. 

Maps are bad, it's too easy to get spawn trapped and there are SO MANY routes and avenues, you need to constantly be covering your 6, 3, 9, 12...everywhere. Maps are a maze, and that always increases the unpredictability.

Just not having fun. Causes me anger instead of fun. I wouldn't recommend, but I'd get other opinions too.

Campaign, however, is arguably the best yet.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 9:56 PM, showtime said:

Same - all of my friends gave up on it. i don't love it but I'll play it from time to time. Hoping when some new maps roll out it'll bring some folks back. Regardless it's still another disappointing Call of Duty game. 

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

This is pretty bad, right? It's been a while but I remember playing Cod4 for literally years, MW2 for a year, BO for 2 years....

How is this game lasting only a few weeks of enthusiasm? That is a total, total flop.

Yeah this game is a huge flop. It's one of the worst COD games of all time, IMO. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 2:27 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I've already moved on from this game after maybe a week of playing it.

Aww, I was just about to get your PSN, too!

I get a chuckle out of everyone hating the game though. I don't particularly care for it, but I don't hate it. It's the same fraudulent twitch COD shooter but with a tad more camping.