Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

WR's always fall later than expected. Every year. No matter how ridiculously hyped up the the WR class is. I have the WRs falling much more farther than most.

12. Jerry Jeudy - LV

13. Henry Ruggs III - SF

19. CeeDee Lamb - PHI (trade up over Jac)

30. Justin Jefferson - GB

40. Denzel Mims - HOU

46. Brandon Aiyuk - DEN

I have Reagor, Higgins, and Hamler going shortly after this in Round 2.

I do not think Vikings will draft a WR in the 1st Round, even with Jefferson on the board. They need an OT, the 49ers literally embarrassed them in the trenches in the divisional game like they were a High School team. I think they go OT like Josh Jones or Austin Jackson at 22 and CB at 25. And Hamler at 58. As for the Broncos skipping WR, I have Kinlaw falling in their lap. Perfect 3-4 DE. And Colts will trade 34/44 into the 1st to get Love imo. So no WR at 34/44.

I dont believe they will go WR in round 1 either, UNLESS one of the top 3 guys is available. I think they will pass on Mims & Jefferson in the 1st. I think round 2 is where they scoop a WR as well. But im not a big fan of Hamler. Im hoping Aiyuk or Reagor slip. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Is that in order?

If so, why Jefferson #1?

Either way...sell me on DPJ.  Why is he in your top ten?

No. No specific order. 

Complete package for a boundary WR. Uses his body to separate perfectly from the DB, is a hands catcher, strong/physical when the ball is in the air and after the catch. He was held back by poor QB play at Michigan and a terrible offensive gameplan from his coaching staff. Kid is the real deal. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

No. No specific order. 

Complete package for a boundary WR. Uses his body to separate perfectly from the DB, is a hands catcher, strong/physical when the ball is in the air and after the catch. He was held back by poor QB play at Michigan and a terrible offensive gameplan from his coaching staff. Kid is the real deal. 

I tend to agree.  DPJ is why Michigan won't land another 5 star WR until Harbaugh is gone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No. No specific order. 

Certainly wouldn't argue with that part.  I need to look into him some more.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No. No specific order. 

Drops some balls too

At the very worst with DPJ, you put him in the slot and use him as box out big slot type. He's not quick twitch at all but he's physical as hell and finds the ball. He's good enough in his routes to be an outside guy but everyone  worries about his play speed when I don't see it as a real issue. I'm not worried one bit. 

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Certainly wouldn't argue with that part.  I need to look into him some more.

He doesn't wow you at all but you see a NFL guy every time you watch him. I love how strong he is at the PoA. He goes and gets the ball. One reason why I dislike Aiyuk. He waits on it and body catches, which drives me nuts.

Just now, Eric dunn said:

What are the opinions of Chase Claypool in here?

Solid WR who's being overly boosted by a big combine. I'd love Claypool in the 75-100 pick range to be a solid #3 option with good #2 upside. If he goes top 50, I think it's going to be a bit of a reach. 

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He doesn't wow you at all but you see a NFL guy every time you watch him. I love how strong he is at the PoA. He goes and gets the ball. One reason why I dislike Aiyuk. He waits on it and body catches, which drives me nuts.

There are times when Aiyuk will body catch, but the majority of reps I saw he uses that wingspan and plucks the ball out of the air.  He does need to be more consistent in that area.

As I think we agreed, he doesn't have the route tree of some of the top WRs.  However, that was largely due to system.  I do disagree he looked lazy.

Year 1, I think you use him on a lot of deep plays, screens, and underneath routes where he shines(plus have him as a returner) while he develops better route running on those intermediate routes.    

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

There are times when Aiyuk will body catch, but the majority of reps I saw he uses that wingspan and plucks the ball out of the air.  He does need to be more consistent in that area.

As I think we agreed, he doesn't have the route tree of some of the top WRs.  However, that was largely due to system.  I do disagree he looked lazy.

Year 1, I think you use him on a lot of deep plays, screens, and underneath routes where he shines(plus have him as a returner) while he develops better route running on those intermediate routes.    

Lazy might not have been the right word. LIS, I thought he looked slow in short area stuff for his supposed 4.5 time. I don't see the fluidity that others see and I definitely don't see how someone can call him the most fluid WR of this class when Jeudy is far more fluid than anyone else. I just don't want a learning curve WR for Green Bay. I also don't see a 1st round grade when I watch him but that much should be obvious. At 62? Maybe. That would depend on the board but he's just too raw and comes from a system I can't stand. Mims  is similar but he's got better physical tools than Aiyuk and Reagor seems like he's better in space. We all have our guys. I get it. I just don't have a great feeling about Aiyuk. 

• Like 2