Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

Just now, HoboRocket said:

The draft position reviews on WF are excellent. Overall, Charlie Campbell is an excellent analyst. His track record is consistently squeaky clean with his bust projections, where people are getting taken, where the value is, people who could be good contributors, and overall breakdowns. He's been one of the best mock drafters for several years. I think he had the best one in the media two years ago.

I was talking to Charlie about Marlon Davidson LAST YEAR after his second blocked punt in a row and he posted about him on the website. 

Anyways, he's seemed to do a very good job at evaluating WRs. He had AJ as his top guy almost every week last year pre-draft. He wasn't a fan of Corey Davis or John Ross, but liked Mike Williams and Cooper Kupp. Overall, he's a very credible as both an analyst and reporter.

I was on the WF forums for years before coming over here, so I got to know Walt and Charlie pretty well.  Still talk to both a decent bit.

Fun fact, the draft position review was originally my idea that Charlie ran with.  Charlie is the ****.

14 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

The draft position reviews on WF are excellent. Overall, Charlie Campbell is an excellent analyst. His track record is consistently squeaky clean with his bust projections, where people are getting taken, where the value is, people who could be good contributors, and overall breakdowns. He's been one of the best mock drafters for several years. I think he had the best one in the media two years ago.

I was talking to Charlie about Marlon Davidson LAST YEAR after his second blocked punt in a row and he posted about him on the website. 

Anyways, he's seemed to do a very good job at evaluating WRs. He had AJ as his top guy almost every week last year pre-draft. He wasn't a fan of Corey Davis or John Ross, but liked Mike Williams and Cooper Kupp. Overall, he's a very credible as both an analyst and reporter.

Charlie is good. I'm not a fan of Walter. He allows his biases to undermine his evaluations and credibility.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Charlie is good. I'm not a fan of Walter. He allows his biases to undermine his evaluations and credibility.

I agree wholeheartedly. Once I noticed Walter's bias against certain teams, players, and/or coaches, it's like I couldn't NOT notice it every time he posted something. He has some good insights, but Charlie's definitely the main attraction.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

9 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Once I noticed Walter's bias against certain teams, players, and/or coaches, it's like I couldn't NOT notice it every time he posted something. He has some good insights, but Charlie's definitely the main attraction.

Charlie is the man.  Walt has gotten more...sensationalist over the years.  

But damn, that website format needs a total overhaul.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Charlie is the man.  Walt has gotten more...sensationalist over the years.  

But damn, that website format needs a total overhaul.

The adds make it almost unusable on mobile. And a Google doc has more decoration.

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Lol. Would you like to add some real proof? Listing two times Simms got something right about a completely different position does not make him the best at projecting players or even competent at projecting WRs.

Most media folks tout the same guys who are projected to go high.  Very few go against the grain.  Simms went against the grain famously during those examples.  He's once again going against the grain here.  That is why I said he's the best in media.  Everyone else says the same stuff so they can all be right or wrong together.  Simms actually thinks for himself and thus far has been right when he's broken ranks.

Just now, VanS said:

Most media folks tout the same guys who are projected to go high.  Very few go against the grain.  Simms went against the grain famously during those examples.  He's once again going against the grain here.  That is why I said he's the best in media.  Everyone else says the same stuff so they can all be right or wrong together.  Simms actually thinks for himself and thus far has been right when he's broken ranks.

When did he go against the grain? And there are plenty of guys in the "media" who don't get plastered on ESPN who do good work.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

When did he go against the grain? And there are plenty of guys in the "media" who don't get plastered on ESPN who do good work.

Saying Mahomes was the next Aaron Rodgers before the draft and having Lamar Jackson as the top QB in the draft ahead of Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen who everyone else loved.  Those were pretty hot takes at the time.  Especially the Mahomes one cause I thought it was nuts at the time.  The Jackson take I agreed with.

And FTR I don't think Chris Simms is a draft savant.  He's had many misses (like everyone else).  I simply think he's the best in the media cause when he does break ranks from the others in a major way he's been right thus far. 

• Like 1

Another note about Charlie is he is back to back Mock Draft Champion, 10/32 two years in a row. The average is 5 correct, so 10 is pretty dang good. Especially two years in a row. 

But yes, Walter is horrible. His book is totally scammy and a money grab (read the reviews), his analysis is garbage and bias, his site is ad galore to the point it barely works, and he also uses a Monero Miner that utilizes your CPU’s Processor for money. Yes, he uses your processor. That’s why your computer will get super noisy and hot on Walter Football. 

If you go to WF, make sure to read only Charlie Campbell. Anything with Walter is complete garbage. May sound ruthless, but it is what it is. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, VanS said:

That still doesn't give any credence to you saying Jeudy isn't a top 5 WR prospect.  Instead, you're shuffling your supporting argument away.  We want to hear from you exactly why you think he won't be a good NFL WR.  Not regurgitate someone else's opinion.

But yes, Walter is horrible. His book is totally scammy and a money grab (read the reviews), his analysis is garbage and bias, his site is ad galore to the point it barely works, and he also uses a Monero Miner that utilizes your CPU’s Processor for money. Yes, he uses your processor. That’s why your computer will get super noisy and hot on Walter Football. 

Even with some good insights, I stopped using WF years ago as the ad overload comes off as downright scammy and the pages look like they were designed by the same type of people that make Ancient Aliens angelfire websites. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Even with some good insights, I stopped using WF years ago as the ad overload comes off as downright scammy and the pages look like they were designed by the same type of people that make Ancient Aliens angelfire websites. 

Yeah, the ads make it hard.  Of course I left in the great WF migration to FF, but now it's really difficult to use his lists and rankings, especially on a phone.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

Hey guys, would you be interested in a position review if I did something similar?

As for Jeudy, I love how elastic he is as a player. For a long time, people have been ragging on him for lacking elite traits, but bet he would have timed in the 6.4-6.5 range at the three-cone. He's like Kupp or Renfrow on steroids with his quickness.

It's the same reason I loved Sutton heading into 2018. People knocked him for not being the speed freak that he was projected to be leaving SMU, but he was INSANELY quick at his size. Second-fastest WR 3-cone since 2013. Jeudy is also superhuman with his change-of-direction ability. I believe he could have completed the drill from 6.40 to 6.50, which would have been the fastest WR time in the last decade. He was smart not to do it, though, because the average time was WAY down this year with them running the drill after midnight.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That still doesn't give any credence to you saying Jeudy isn't a top 5 WR prospect.  Instead, you're shuffling your supporting argument away.  We want to hear from you exactly why you think he won't be a good NFL WR.  Not regurgitate someone else's opinion.

Obviously we have to wait until guys play in the NFL to know if they're any good.  I wasn't using Chris Simms take to say I was right.  Just used it as support to say that maybe my take wasn't as crazy as yall made me out since a former NFL player with decent connections in NFL front offices essentially cosigned my take.

With that said, I already explained why I don't think Jeudy is that great of a prospect.  Simms gave a similar take.  It comes down to physical traits.  Jerry Jeudy isn't physically as talented as the hype he was getting last year.  Folks were talking about him like he was an elite all-time WR prospect.  I thought that was silly.  To me he looked like just another guy.  His physical traits are rather unspectacular.  And its for that reason I'm not high on him.

6 hours ago, VanS said:

Just used it as support to say that maybe my take wasn't as crazy as yall made me out since a former NFL player with decent connections in NFL front offices essentially cosigned my take.

That’s putting it loosely...

It’s a dumb point to make because some of the worst takes have come from former NFL players. How many former players probably think Jeudy is going to be a stud? What gives Chris Simms of all people credence over them? Take any of the top 5 prospects at any just about any position and with enough digging, you’d probably be able to find a dozen former-NFLer’s takes giving different rankings. It’s meaningless and just an appeal to authority. 

And really, you can fluff up anyone’s resume to make them sound credible. How easy would it be to make Kiper sound like a mad genius if you’re able to omit any of the bad/dumb stuff he says?