Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

5 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

So KJ Hamler. A lot of mixed opinions for him. He’s small, but he’s tough, strong and extremely quick. Do you think he can play outside? Maybe not X, but Z position in his wheelhouse?

He looks like a skinny Tyreek Hill to me.  I would just use him like the Chiefs use Hill.  He's far better than Henry Ruggs IMO who most have going in the 1st round.

3 hours ago, sherm said:

Well if Aiyuk is ahead of those guys and u project him to be a top tier WR2...u must not be high on this wr class? Also if I draft a wr anywhere in the 1st rd...i need more from him than they aren't bad. Godwin is a good wr but I'm not drafting Godwin if I can draft Mike Evans. If I draft a wr in the 1st rd I need him to be top 10 at his position by the end of his 2nd yr.  

I think this WR class is overrated when it comes to top-end talent.  There is no true dominant All-Pro caliber #1 WR in this class.  However, I see lots of quality depth.  There are lots of good #2 WRs in this draft.  Of the top rated WRs, my favorites thus far are KJ Hamler, Brandon Aiyuk, Laviska Shenault, and Tee Higgins.   I'm not that impressed with CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, and Henry Ruggs.

Edited by VanS

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's the same thing I noted previously. It's about him understanding coverages and changing how he runs routes based on what how he reads the defense.

Now that you've shown me four other examples of him doing the exact same thing on the exact same play concepts, I can see your point. Nice analysis you've been able to dig up there. That's not an easy thing to observe and understand on tape. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, VanS said:

He looks like a skinny Tyreek Hill to me.  I would just use him like the Chiefs use Hill.  He's far better than Henry Ruggs IMO who most have going in the 1st round.

He doesn't have Hill's play strength or hands.

Edited by jrry32

22 minutes ago, VanS said:

I think this WR class is overrated when it comes to top-end talent.  There is no true dominant All-Pro caliber #1 WR in this class.  However, I see lots of quality depth.  There are lots of good #2 WRs in this draft.  Of the top rated WRs, my favorites thus far are KJ Hamler, Brandon Aiyuk, Laviska Shenault, and Tee Higgins.   I'm not that impressed with CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, and Henry Ruggs.

Fair enough. I'd go Lamb top 15...followed by Jeudy and Jefferson top 20. After that honestly I wouldn't take another wr until the late 1st early 2nd rd.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Was introduced to him in 2018 against Ohio State. But he's not draft eligible.

Oh, I know. Just saying, he's what people want KJ Hamler to be. Hamler, to me, isn't special at all. Moore, on the other hand, is a true #1 WR and should go top 10 next year. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Oh, I know. Just saying, he's what people want KJ Hamler to be. Hamler, to me, isn't special at all. Moore, on the other hand, is a true #1 WR and should go top 10 next year. 

There are special aspects to Hamler. You can't teach his acceleration, his top-end speed, or his explosion out of cuts. But he has some warts. His hands and play strength are the biggest of them. But he's scrappy. I certainly think he can be effective in the NFL.

Just now, jrry32 said:

There are special aspects to Hamler. You can't teach his acceleration, his top-end speed, or his explosion out of cuts. But he has some warts. His hands and play strength are the biggest of them. But he's scrappy. I certainly think he can be effective in the NFL.

Sure, he'll have a role. No question about that. You'd just like someone with his tools to be, well, special. He's got stuff you can't teach and he's still flawed. That's the type of stuff that pisses me off a bit lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

So KJ Hamler. A lot of mixed opinions for him. He’s small, but he’s tough, strong and extremely quick. Do you think he can play outside? Maybe not X, but Z position in his wheelhouse?

Correct me if I'm wrong - but I think the Z position often, if not always, lines up off of the LOS. That will give Hamler the necessary spacing from the CB he needs to avoid being pressed and over powered. So yeah, I think he'd fit as a Z. Certainly fits as a Y, where I think his strengths would be best exploited from the two-way go.