Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

The fact that Hamler looks in the same class as Tyreek Hill in terms of acceleration is a massive tick in his corner. But the comparisons end there when you consider how good Hill is at the catch point (Hamler isn't) and how good Hill is at tracking the deep ball (not Hamler's strength either). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He doesn't have Hill's play strength or hands.

Fair enough.  That's why I said "looks like" a skinny Tyreek Hill versus will be as good as Tyreek Hill.  One of the things that make Tyreek is the fact he's almost built like a RB.  Hamler doesn't have that strength.  With that said, being a slightly lesser version of Tyreek Hill is a damn good player.

51 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Thoughts on Quintez Cepheus?

chiefs fans like him as a X receiver who can beat man coverage 

I wouldn't say he really beats man coverage. He has great hands, is very physical, and uses his body well to box out DBs. Will make a lot of contested catches. Decent route runner, but he's limited by his athleticism. Kind of reminds me of James Jones or Jarvis Landry (closer to Jones than Landry). I like him on Day 3.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I wouldn't say he really beats man coverage. He has great hands, is very physical, and uses his body well to box out DBs. Will make a lot of contested catches. Decent route runner, but he's limited by his athleticism. Kind of reminds me of James Jones or Jarvis Landry (closer to Jones than Landry). I like him on Day 3.

Jones is a good comp. I compared him to Chris Chambers from the yester-years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nex_Gen said:

This might be reaching but if there was an Anquan Boldin in this draft, who would it be?

Laviska Shenault. That was the first person I thought of while watching him. But Shenault is a better pure athlete (and a much crappier blocker; he needs to change that). But he has Boldin's physicality (with the ball in his hands and while running routes), anger, and violence.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Jones is a good comp. I compared him to Chris Chambers from the yester-years. 

I know it's just a comparison, but if memory serves me right didn't Chris Chambers run a low 4.3 40, seems he may have had quite a bit more explosiveness than the other guys mentioned.

14 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I know it's just a comparison, but if memory serves me right didn't Chris Chambers run a low 4.3 40, seems he may have had quite a bit more explosiveness than the other guys mentioned.

4.33 40 with a 45 inch vert and a 4.00 shuttle time at 210 lbs. Dude had a freakshow combine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

1 hour ago, BRANDON26841X said:

4.33 40 with a 45 inch vert and a 4.00 shuttle time at 210 lbs. Dude had a freakshow combine. 

As mentioned, he tested insane at the combine, but never really attributed that athleticism to the field. Not to say it didn't help him. But with those measureables you would think he was a Randy Moss type player. He ended up being a very good #2 possession type WR who won at the POA with the ball.

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Sure, he'll have a role. No question about that. You'd just like someone with his tools to be, well, special. He's got stuff you can't teach and he's still flawed. That's the type of stuff that pisses me off a bit lol.

He’s also young as hell. Plenty of time to work out the kinks but the pure upside is tremendous. 

Okay, here are a few WR comparisons for the shorter, speedy guys. This is based on potential (i.e., these guys developing well in the NFL). Tell me if I'm crazy:

Jalen Reagor = Emmanuel Sanders

K.J. Hamler = DeSean Jackson

Henry Ruggs = Peak Mike Wallace

• Like 2