Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

In my final mock, I have WRs falling further than most:

(covers 3 Rounds)

12. Las Vegas - Jerry Jeudy

13. San Francisco - Henry Ruggs III

19. Philadelphia Eagles - CeeDee Lamb (trade)

30. Green Bay Packers - Justin Jefferson

40. Houston Texans - Denzel Mims

46. Denver Broncos - Brandon Aiyuk 

54. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jalen Reagor (they get this pick from Bills for Yannick)

55. Baltimore Ravens - Tee Higgins

58. Minnesota Vikings - KJ Hamler

64. Seattle Seahawks - Chase Claypool

68. New York Jets - Laviska Shenault

75. Indianapolis Colts - Donovan People-Jones

76. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Van Jefferson 

85. Miami Dolphins - Michael Pittman Jr. 

98. New England Patriots - Tyler Johnson

We see WR classes hyped up every year, and I do see some falling here. I have explanations on why Raiders/Niners choose Jeudy/Ruggs. They fit the offenses very well. As for Shenault, not as high on him as others. Think he’s a Late 2nd Round talent that gets pushed into the third because of injuries. 

This Mock was before the Rams got 57 though. They could easily go Hamler or Shenault at that pick. 

Curious to see if I’m right or very wrong and learn from it. 

Edited by BayRaider

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

In my final mock, I have WRs falling further than most:

(covers 3 Rounds)

12. Las Vegas - Jerry Jeudy

13. San Francisco - Henry Ruggs III

19. Philadelphia Eagles - CeeDee Lamb (trade)

30. Green Bay Packers - Justin Jefferson

40. Houston Texans - Denzel Mims

46. Denver Broncos - Brandon Aiyuk 

54. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jalen Reagor (they get this pick from Bills for Yannick)

55. Baltimore Ravens - Tee Higgins

58. Minnesota Vikings - KJ Hamler

64. Seattle Seahawks - Chase Claypool

68. New York Jets - Laviska Shenault

75. Indianapolis Colts - Donovan People-Jones

76. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Van Jefferson 

85. Miami Dolphins - Michael Pittman Jr. 

98. New England Patriots - Tyler Johnson

We see WR classes hyped up every year, and I do see some falling here. I have explanations on why Raiders/Niners choose Jeudy/Ruggs. They fit the offenses very well. As for Shenault, not as high on him as others. Think he’s a Late 2nd Round talent that gets pushed into the third because of injuries. 

This Mock was before the Rams got 57 though. They could easily go Hamler or Shenault at that pick. 

Curious to see if I’m right or very wrong and learn from it. 

I think the Rams would go Higgins at #52.

• Like 1

I figured out my Tee Higgins comparison. Lance Zierlein said A.J. Green, and that's not a terrible one. But I think Green had looser hips. My comparison for Higgins is Mike Evans. He's not quite as large as Evans (Evans was 6'5" 230 coming out; Higgins is 6'4" 215), but they have the same style of play. And Higgins is the most dominant contested catch WR I've seen since Evans. Both guys are aided in a major way by their freakishly long arms and lanky frames. Neither guy ran a blazing 40, but both guys run by CBs with their long strides and then used their big bodies to stack them. Both guys were rough around the edges as route runners and on releasing against press coverage. Both guys understood how to use their size and strength to create separation. I could also see Alshon Jeffery as a comparison.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I figured out my Tee Higgins comparison. Lance Zierlein said A.J. Green, and that's not a terrible one. But I think Green had looser hips. My comparison for Higgins is Mike Evans. He's not quite as large as Evans (Evans was 6'5" 230 coming out; Higgins is 6'4" 215), but they have the same style of play. And Higgins is the most dominant contested catch WR I've seen since Evans. Both guys are aided in a major way by their freakishly long arms and lanky frames. Neither guy ran a blazing 40, but both guys run by CBs with their long strides and then used their big bodies to stack them. Both guys were rough around the edges as route runners and on releasing against press coverage. Both guys understood how to use their size and strength to create separation. I could also see Alshon Jeffery as a comparison.

Herman Moore comes to mind with Higgins

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Heard Higgins has a really tough time getting off of press coverage.

That's correct, but it's fixable. He's late with his hands. He's a 6'4" 220ish pound WR with 34 inch arms. Once he learns to win with his hands, he should be able to bully most CBs. And he has the quickness to be effective too. Get him some coaching and experience, and he'll get past it. He's not the first lanky WR to have that problem. Denzel Mims has the same issue in this class.

33 minutes ago, G said:

Herman Moore comes to mind with Higgins

Nice call back there. Higgins never did it for me when I watched Clemson play. Very good numbers on some very good teams with a very good QB and RB. Reminds a lot of Dwayne Jarrett from USC. Both have the size and with incredible catch radius and could go up and get those jump balls. Neither player was overly physical or played up to their size. Neither are gonna win many battles with their speed.

Cool to have you in the Official WR hunt now @jrry32 with Cooks gone and pick at 52 and 57.

So let's say the WR class falls very favorably to the Rams and you have:

12. Jerry Jeudy

13. Henry Ruggs III

19. CeeDee Lamb

30. Justin Jefferson

46. Denzel Mims

Who you do you take? Still Higgins? Do you like Aiyuk? I love Aiyuk but he seems to be a love/hate guy like Shenault. I love Aiyuk, definitely do not like Shenault. Aiyuk is just super explosive with a crazy vertical. If he can add strength he could be scary.

Also, do you think they'd entertain trading up for Mims, considering they now have more draft capital?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Cool to have you in the Official WR hunt now @jrry32 with Cooks gone and pick at 52 and 57.

So let's say the WR class falls very favorably to the Rams and you have:

12. Jerry Jeudy

13. Henry Ruggs III

19. CeeDee Lamb

30. Justin Jefferson

46. Denzel Mims

Who you do you take? Still Higgins? Do you like Aiyuk? I love Aiyuk but he seems to be a love/hate guy like Shenault. I love Aiyuk, definitely do not like Shenault. Aiyuk is just super explosive with a crazy vertical. If he can add strength he could be scary.

Also, do you think they'd entertain trading up for Mims, considering they now have more draft capital?

Higgins, easily. I'd trade up for Higgins, not Mims. Aiyuk is a good prospect, but he doesn't fit what we need. If we had traded Robert Woods, he'd be a guy we'd target imo.

5 minutes ago, sherm said:

Nice call back there. Higgins never did it for me when I watched Clemson play. Very good numbers on some very good teams with a very good QB and RB. Reminds a lot of Dwayne Jarrett from USC. Both have the size and with incredible catch radius and could go up and get those jump balls. Neither player was overly physical or played up to their size. Neither are gonna win many battles with their speed.

You are vastly underestimating Tee Higgins's speed. He's a long strider who runs by people. And I couldn't disagree more with the idea that he's not physical and doesn't play up to his size. He plays bigger than his size, which is crazy. Dwayne Jarrett was a slow as molasses tall dude. But in addition to that, he was lazy and got into trouble off the field.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Tee Higgins is a bust to me. He reminds me of Limas Sweed. Bad route runner and not quick. Linear route runner that wins jump balls, but is a 1-trick pony that will be more of a niche player than a starter. 

Haven't watched much of Higgins, but this is Josh Doctson to a T.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

You are vastly underestimating Tee Higgins's speed. He's a long strider who runs by people. And I couldn't disagree more with the idea that he's not physical and doesn't play up to his size. He plays bigger than his size, which is crazy. Dwayne Jarrett was a slow as molasses tall dude. But in addition to that, he was lazy and got into trouble off the field.

Like I said he just never did it for me when watching him play. As far as the comparison I made...it wasn't to say he'll bust like Jarrett. Just who he reminds me of when I watch him play. Guys fail for many different reasons. I don't have any extra insight on Higgins mindset. Just what I see on the field.