Official 2020 QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You can’t take the Raider forum seriously when it comes to discussing QBs. They are the worst ones at it. They were the only subforum that liked Manziel. And 40-45% of them in there right now think Derek Carr is a Top 10 QB and Top 5 QB with another WR. It’s just laughable stuff. Carr is average at best. Imo, below average. 20-21 range. OGX legit thinks Carr is better than Mahomes and Mahomes will fizzle out in two years. 

Lmao you need to infuse that forum with knowledge 

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

You gotta know something first. Raiders forum is a lively place with disparate opinions. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Right back at ya. Your draft takes overall, especially QBs, has quite the bad track record. 

I wouldn’t say mine are the greatest by any means, and are as of the same value as anyone else on this forum. But yours, no. You fall into that Raider subforum category, constantly wrong on QBs and a hugeee Derek Carr homer. 

Once again, I’m certainly not the greatest and don’t claim to be, but my track vs yours is certainly better, yet you took a shot at me saying I don’t have knowledge to share. 

- 2019, I said Kyler was the only 1st Round caliber QB. Looks to be true. 

- 2018, Darnold was by far my favorite prospect. I thought Baker would be ok, nothing special and not #1 pick worthy. Said Allen and Rosen will be busts. Allen has somewhat surprised, but absolutely not a Top 20 QB. Had no opinion on Lamar either way. 

- 2017, had Mitch ranked as a Late 1st. Had Watson as my QB1, absolutely loved Watson and thought he should be the 2nd pick to Myles. Had no opinion on Mahomes. Strange unique prospect. 

- 2016, Wentz is my favorite QB prospect since ive been heavily into the draft (2013). (Burrow and Tua have both surpassed him though). Thought taking Goff over him was crazy talk. Also thought Paxton was going to be the biggest bust ever. Was it you who I got into Lynch debates about...? Or was that BP?

- 2015, Lukewarm on Winston, hated Mariota. The Raider sub loved Mariota SMH. 

- 2014, hated Manziel with a passion. Sour on Bortles. Liked Teddy. Somewhat liked Carr. 

- This year, Burrow and Tua are the two best QBs I’ve ever evaluated. Top 2 Prospects in the draft for me. I have Love as my 14th Ranked Prospect and think he will be a Top 12 QB. I have Fromm, Herbert, and Eason as Mid 2nd Round Grade. Fromm will be an effective game manager. Herbert and Eason will be busts and ranked in the 20’s their career. Isn’t Eason your QB2?

Edited by BayRaider

On 3/5/2020 at 5:10 PM, BayRaider said:

Not on the internet. The internet absolutely hated Manziel and had a universal 3rd Round Grade on him. 

He’s acting like he was the only person who hated Manziel to try to prove a point. 

I'll never forget Jon Gruden slamming the table saying that the Raiders should select Manziel over Mack at #5 overall. 

On 3/6/2020 at 8:47 PM, BayRaider said:

2019, I said Kyler was the only 1st Round caliber QB. Looks to be true. 

Lock Led all rookie QBS with a 57.7 qbr. He led a 4th quarter comeback and two game winning drives. He torched a playoff caliber Texans defense.

64 percent completion 7 tds 3 ints. 

If he didn't deserve a first round grade idk what you're neglecting to see. I thought he was a tremendous steal at the time and nothing has changed my mind.

Daniel Jones minus the fumbling issues 

24 tds 12 ints 55 qbr.

Kyler had 4 less tds in 16 games. 

I don't know what you're seeing to omit these guys as first round talents.

As far as Jordan Love goes he has way more question marks than either of those prospects starting with competition. I don't get it.

• Like 2

Dan Orlovsky on Loves INTs: 2 tips, 2 wrong routes, 3 hit WRs in the chest, 3 hail marrys at end of game down a billion scores. That’s 10 of his 17. And I believe he had 6 in 2018. 

As I’ve said a million times, his INTs have nothing to do with accuracy. He is one of the most accurate throwers in this class. Usually dead on the money and can deliver a laser or use touch. He’s much more accurate than Justin Herbert. 

The unique thing about Love is he can throw from a ridiculous number of arm slots similar to Mahomes. No one else in this class can do that. 

Don’t be shocked if Panthers nab their Franchise guy at 7. 

It’d also be very interesting if Love was on the board at 12 and the Raiders don’t sign Brady. Ahh the NFL Draft, full of non stop surprises. 1st Round is more enjoyable than a lot of the regular season. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Dan Orlovsky on Loves INTs: 2 tips, 2 wrong routes, 3 hit WRs in the chest, 3 hail marrys at end of game down a billion scores. That’s 10 of his 17. And I believe he had 6 in 2018. 

As I’ve said a million times, his INTs have nothing to do with accuracy. He is one of the most accurate throwers in this class. Usually dead on the money and can deliver a laser or use touch. He’s much more accurate than Justin Herbert. 

The unique thing about Love is he can throw from a ridiculous number of arm slots similar to Mahomes. No one else in this class can do that. 

It’d also be very interesting if Love was on the board at 12 and the Raiders don’t sign Brady. Ahh the NFL Draft, full of non stop surprises. 1st Round is more enjoyable than a lot of the regular season. 

Do you have a link for the Orlovsky bit?  

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I don't know why anyone cares about Jordan Love in 2019. It was blatantly obvious how much that team and specifically the offense would plummet. I remember posting warnings about that on several sites immediately following the 2018 season. There was some discussion that Love would turn pro at that point. He wasn't ready but it made sense anyway given the inevitable freefall in 2019. 

Now you've got people who weren't aware of Love in 2018 desperately nitpicking everything from 2019. No sense arguing with that type. They inherit draft eligible players the final season only. Nothing else exists to them. But Love is a perfect evaluation for me because one of my central themes is to devalue the final season if a top rated player slides and becomes a bargain. The only Utah State game I watched in 2019 was against Air Force. I was on a trip and flipping channels in my hotel room late on a Saturday night. Love was miserable that game...only one good throw. I didn't much care because the entire season was so situationally disadvantaged I already knew in August that I wouldn't be watching Utah State.

There are so many ways to approach this stuff. I don't know how anybody can acknowledge Jordan Love's 2018 season and somehow think it was a mirage and will never show up again. 

Love needs to shorten his delivery. There are many still images out there of him holding the ball outward near waist level before cranking a throw. That's okay on the improvisational stuff but he does it on standard throws from the pocket also. That's going to lead to elevated interception potential unless he fixes matters.

Love with all the permutations and touch and 2018 swagger is clear cut above the tunnel vision line drive types like Herbert and especially Eason.

I don't see how he's not drafted very high. The upside is so far above someone like Daniel Jones who went 6th last year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Awsi Dooger said:

I don't know why anyone cares about Jordan Love in 2019. It was blatantly obvious how much that team and specifically the offense would plummet. I remember posting warnings about that on several sites immediately following the 2018 season. There was some discussion that Love would turn pro at that point. He wasn't ready but it made sense anyway given the inevitable freefall in 2019. 

Now you've got people who weren't aware of Love in 2018 desperately nitpicking everything from 2019. No sense arguing with that type. They inherit draft eligible players the final season only. Nothing else exists to them. But Love is a perfect evaluation for me because one of my central themes is to devalue the final season if a top rated player slides and becomes a bargain. The only Utah State game I watched in 2019 was against Air Force. I was on a trip and flipping channels in my hotel room late on a Saturday night. Love was miserable that game...only one good throw. I didn't much care because the entire season was so situationally disadvantaged I already knew in August that I wouldn't be watching Utah State.

There are so many ways to approach this stuff. I don't know how anybody can acknowledge Jordan Love's 2018 season and somehow think it was a mirage and will never show up again. 

Love needs to shorten his delivery. There are many still images out there of him holding the ball outward near waist level before cranking a throw. That's okay on the improvisational stuff but he does it on standard throws from the pocket also. That's going to lead to elevated interception potential unless he fixes matters.

Love with all the permutations and touch and 2018 swagger is clear cut above the tunnel vision line drive types like Herbert and especially Eason.

I don't see how he's not drafted very high. The upside is so far above someone like Daniel Jones who went 6th last year. 

Agree with all of this.