Jets Hire GM Joe Douglas

Sapo28

We have to pay to get the good guys here. I have no problem with this. I just hope we win a lot and then people will come to us to win at a cheap value. I think things are getting a lot better. I wonder what Douglas would have done with the 3rd overall pick. 

The Jets ownership group lucked up into a getting a good candidate that wanted the job and not be insulted by low ball offers.  Lets see what Joe Douglas can do with the Offensive Line and secondary which is still lacking.   

26 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

This is opposed to the jerimiah reports before ?

what are McShays credentials other than tv

I’m not sure if id like him here or not. I’d trust Douglas at this point and trust who he wants bc he so respected by me. McShay has been a college talent evaluator for 20yrs though. So it’s not like he’s this new guy just getting into it.

45 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m not sure if id like him here or not. I’d trust Douglas at this point and trust who he wants bc he so respected by me. McShay has been a college talent evaluator for 20yrs though. So it’s not like he’s this new guy just getting into it.

People will bring up McShay being wrong about players but everyone is wrong sometimes and also his job isn’t to be overly critical of these kids. Maybe in a job like this he’d be more honest and rational.