Bold prediction: Chargers AFC Super Bowl LIV representative

Championshiporbust

On 6/19/2019 at 11:28 PM, Bolts223 said:

I'd also like to point us that almost the exact same screw-up went against us in I believe the Browns game. 

No actually you guys screwed the Browns. Your OT blatantly false started, our DL stopped playing, and you threw a TD pass. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 11:28 PM, Bolts223 said:

Ok while I will give you that the refs blatantly missed a false start, where exactly were the other 14 points that the refs gave us?

I'd also like to point us that almost the exact same screw-up went against us in I believe the Browns game. 

LOL

AGAINST you????

https://deadspin.com/chargers-score-td-on-russell-okung-s-obvious-false-star-1829741430

Chargers-false-start.jpg

On 6/25/2019 at 12:35 PM, Shake said:

Sorry but until the Chargers prove they can beat the Chiefs legitimately, ain't happenin. Their week 15 "victory" is about as flukey as the Rams' "victory" in the NFCCG.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article231719778.html

The Chiefs are the reigning kings of the West until further notice.

Sorry but they legitmately beat them. The flukey game was week 1. That was the flukey one. Week 15, Chargers were out i believe 7 starters and spotting KC a 14 point lead at home on TNF, they went and beat them.

Until KC proves they can beat the Chargers, considering Chargers won their last meeting. Chargers should be favored. 

On 6/6/2019 at 1:12 PM, FinSting said:

Love him or hate him, BB is the man lol. It's ball-sweat humid June days like today that makes one fond for 26-degree playoff pigskin weather. 

"Bill Belichick didn't hesitate to remind the Chargers they are a long way from Los Angeles on Sunday as they Patriots installed a temperature gauge outside the visitors' locker room at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass."

He is living proof that evil  wins. This man may be a football genius but proof that karma does not exist 

he has no likeability, just comes across as a man who seemingly never is satisfied.

the day bb retires will be a glorious day.

On 6/28/2019 at 3:14 PM, blizofoz45 said:

No. That's why this is a BOLD prediction.  

Other words I would use to describe this prediction: unlikely, ignorant, unjustified, lacking common sense.

Actually the words are very likely, a given, justified and anyone who thinks otherwise lacks common sense. Chargers are winning the west and it will be by multiple games.

I'll be shocked if they dont have the best record in the league.

57 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Actually the words are very likely, a given, justified and anyone who thinks otherwise lacks common sense. Chargers are winning the west and it will be by multiple games.

I'll be shocked if they dont have the best record in the league.

Shocked? I’m excited by this team and am expecting them to do well but there’s some huge holes. The run defense was atrocious last year and they’ve added a rookie and a player in the twilight of his career in hopes that they can improve there. Offensively we are going all in on the ability of Okung to be injury free all year. If Okung misses any time which historically is likely, then the strongest tackle on the roster becomes Tevi who shouldn’t even be making an NFL roster. It’s not even a given this team makes the playoffs. 

Both trenches need upgrades and our linebacker unit is average at best. It’s a good thing it’s a passing league because any team that makes it the goal to punch us repeatedly in the middle of the defense will be successful. 

Edited by Boltstrikes

Unfortunately, Brady has many more tricks up his sleeve.  He's still yet to sacrifice a live goat (that we know of).  He's had more kids (including ones by his current wife) so his firstborn is expendable.

We want the Pats out of the Superb Owl, then someone else in the AFC needs to step up to take on the mantle left by Bernard Pollard... for the good of the rest of the conference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

Shocked? I’m excited by this team and am expecting them to do well but there’s some huge holes. The run defense was atrocious last year and they’ve added a rookie and a player in the twilight of his career in hopes that they can improve there. Offensively we are going all in on the ability of Okung to be injury free all year. If Okung misses any time which historically is likely, then the strongest tackle on the roster becomes Tevi who shouldn’t even be making an NFL roster. It’s not even a given this team makes the playoffs. 

Both trenches need upgrades and our linebacker unit is average at best. It’s a good thing it’s a passing league because any team that makes it the goal to punch us repeatedly in the middle of the defense will be successful. 

By season end, i suspect people will be talking about the 2019 Chargers as the single most talented NFL team ever. I dont mean the under achieving Talented Chargers teams of yesteryears. Yes alot depends on the trenches. But i expect Justin Jones to have a big 2nd year and i expect Tillery to be a stud. Most of all i expect our LB core to be utterly insane.

Oline is only place im worried. 

Everything tells me this Chargers team is about to be historically good (not by Chargers standards, but by NFL standards). Nothing has ever told me that before. I certainly can be wrong.... but everything i see from last year and just the moves they made this year, subtle moves and a healthy team, im setting the ceiling high and truly would be shocked if they dont have the best record in the league.

I dont put much stock into the NE game. That wasnt the real Chargers. They were outcoached by proxy of injuries forcing their hand with a vulenerable change in scheme. 

26 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

By season end, i suspect people will be talking about the 2019 Chargers as the single most talented NFL team ever. . 

All those swipes you took at @Buckweath about being a homer lol please turn in your "Homer Hall Monitor" vest asap 😁

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

All those swipes you took at @Buckweath about being a homer lol please turn in your "Homer Hall Monitor" vest asap 😁

Fair enough... but i only go homer volume 10, once a month. He does it like 3 times a day. There is suitable homer dosages.

Edited by Bearerofnews
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

No, it wasn't.

I think the Chargers have 2 keys to making the SB:

1) Win the division. As much as people make fun of us having no HFA, it's still a gigantic comparative advantage to play in LA in our own climate with at least some Chargers fans there. 

2) Be able to finally beat the Patriots. The Chargers have the same problem every AFC team has - the Patriots. If you ever want to make the SB out of the AFC, that almost always means beating them. Gus Bradley really needs to learn a lesson from that playoff game if we are to do that.

This team absolutely has the talent to make a run, it's a matter of putting it together now.

Edited by Bolts223