Aaron Rodgers Wants More Control.

GHARMON9

37 minutes ago, Norm said:

This is how play calling was taken away from QBs over the decades too as far as I can tell. Too much faith in themselves kind of thing. 

I'd argue it was because they went the route of more athletic than thinkers and leaders. Lack of trust and too much money involved.

44 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I'd argue it was because they went the route of more athletic than thinkers and leaders. Lack of trust and too much money involved.

That's very true as well. Probably moreso

Edited by Norm

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

And don't get me wrong.  I like Aaron Rodgers the quarterback, and Aaron Rodgers the man.  I just think in the hypothetical world where he is my neighbor, he is the guy I wave at in the morning, not the guy I'm having over for some burgers.

And I'm the opposite. Rodgers is interesting to talk with. His podcast is fun!

• Like 2

On 6/21/2019 at 7:30 AM, spilltray said:

I don't get it. Favre got a pass on everything because he played up being a redneck moron. He could make the dumbest throw into blanket triple coverage and say "aw shucks I was just trying to make a play" and it worked. Rodgers on the other hand is actually intelligent. He says what he thinks, usually has some good idea behind it from what I can tell, and everyone gets bent out of shape.

Favre got a pass because it was the first time we dealt with this. Also to Favre's credit he bought in to McCarthy and it resulted in some of his best years and almost bought him 2 more rings, albeit one with another team. His tech and decision making certainly got sloppy under Sherman.

Rodgers doesn't get the benefit of us being naive about a franchise QB, he also didn't take over a team that was coming out of 2+ decades of miserable football. The fans expect to win it all every year. We also live in an era of clickbait media, who's going to throw an irresponsible headline at you to click and read and those who only make it through the first paragraph are going to come away with a negative connotation of Rodgers.

I'm not worried about Rodgers and LaFleur. There's some obvious reasons why Favre got no criticism and Rodgers does though.

• Like 2

Favre got a lot of criticism. Maybe not in media, but I was on message boards and we tore him up when he deserved it. I do the same with Rodgers.

i like Rodgers more. But I see his weaknesses and don’t have a problem voice them. AR changes too many runs into passes, against the coaches game plan. He makes it harder on himself by doing that. Talking about this stubborn weakness isn’t Rodgers bashing. It’s just real. 

This is a little quote, Favre spent some time with Rodgers and he talks about how the offense should be built with Rodgers at QB

“So I think you let him play his game and not disturb that very much. And it’s going to be interesting to see if that happens”

apparently after Favre talked with Rodgers he came away wondering how that was going to play out too... hmmm!!!!

I was a Favre basher before it was cool to be a Favre basher. In 2003, 4 and 5 when he had his own private locker area, had private traveling clergy and skipped offseason work, I called him out. I said he put himself above the team. It gave me a chuckle when they sent him his private locker directly to his home during the fake retirement he was staging to get out of offseason work. 

Now, here we are with Rodgers. It’s deja vu. 

Rodgers audibles out of run plays when he sees 8 man boxes. Defenses show 8 man boxes, switch coverage post snap and then pin their ears back to rush the QB knowing Rodgers will not run into that look. It’s the reason the Packers hardly run the ball with Rodgers at QB. It’s also the reason Rodgers takes so many sacks, because his play call is wrong after the snap. 

Lafleur has different ideas. McCarthy had different ideas. But Rodgers will not be coached. Just like the Favre stuff 15 years ago, I’m ahead of the curve here, but let’s watch it play out. 

Edited by boratt

9 hours ago, boratt said:

I was a Favre basher before it was cool to be a Favre basher. In 2003, 4 and 5 when he had his own private locker area, had private traveling clergy and skipped offseason work, I called him out. I said he put himself above the team. It gave me a chuckle when they sent him his private locker directly to his home during the fake retirement he was staging to get out of offseason work. 

Rodgers audibles out of run plays when he sees 8 man boxes. Defenses show 8 man boxes, switch coverage post snap and then pin their ears back to rush the QB knowing Rodgers will not run into that look. It’s the reason the Packers hardly run the ball with Rodgers at QB. It’s also the reason Rodgers takes so many sacks, because his play call is wrong after the snap. 

Lafleur has different ideas. McCarthy had different ideas. But Rodgers will not be coached. Just like the Favre stuff 15 years ago, I’m ahead of the curve here, but let’s watch it play out. 

What is the NFL rule for headsets and QBs? Just have the coach call the play and run the play! You take away audibles and you stop the problem. Simple! I think there is just to much cat and mouse stuff going on! It is not necessary in my opinion! What it tells me when plays are changed all the time is that the team does not have confidence that the play will work.

18 hours ago, boratt said:

Ok ... if you say so.  We'll see how it plays out.  Hoping like heck you have to eat crow in huge helpings.  Not sure if you'd be happy doing it though.

8 hours ago, firstplace said:

What is the NFL rule for headsets and QBs? Just have the coach call the play and run the play! You take away audibles and you stop the problem. Simple! I think there is just to much cat and mouse stuff going on! It is not necessary in my opinion! What it tells me when plays are changed all the time is that the team does not have confidence that the play will work.

This is satire?

Just now, incognito_man said:

Seems like an easy problem to solve. If Aaron pisses off MLF, next series you give him 23 personnel for the whole series.

He does it again? Wildcat time, *******.

I literally did this in Madden once.  Traded Rodgers for all I could get, then I spent everything on OL and defense, had a bunch of tight ends converted to WR, my QB was a converted WR who threw maybe ten passes a game.  It was pretty fun.