STAR TREK: The Next Generation Mafia (Romulan Star Empire wins!)

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

Fun game @TheKillerNacho. My only suggestion is maybe less investigators or at least smaller groupings, and don't put how many are in a faction in their autopsy. People were assuming there was two or three Duras until tk's autopsy showed there was four of us. I didn't see that for any other factions.

I had so many plans for trolling!!! 

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Fun game @TheKillerNacho. My only suggestion is maybe less investigators or at least smaller groupings, and don't put how many are in a faction in their autopsy. People were assuming there was two or three Duras until tk's autopsy showed there was four of us. I didn't see that for any other factions.

Figured the largest scum faction should've had some hint to that. But noted.

In general, I armed town to the teeth because each scum team was armed to the teeth. In the end, it seems that the town investigators couldn't catch up to the powerful scum roles, though. Ultimately, @The Orca played kingmaker at the end of the game. Duras or Romulan could've won

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Dont worry. @theuntouchable left me alone for even longer.  I even guessed it was him at the start of d3 bc I was all alone with nothing to do.  I thought he was trying to test my sanity. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10286828

Lmao I couldn’t get service to save my life. The first couple days there was a few spots I could go to if I smoked a cigarette and would have service briefly. The last day and a half seemed like I couldn’t get service to save my life. 

I even left with about 20 minutes before night, I think n4?, to try and make it to town to get service. 

Initially, I wasn’t sure who my telepathic connection would work with. I read online that there was some species that wouldn’t (and most seemed like bad guys) but I wasn’t positive. I was good with either finding scum or fed because I was going to claim 3rd party survivor no matter what. 

I ended up setting up a pretty good network of fed/civs to pass information to without scum finding out. It worked out pretty well as Feds had a good handle of things for most of the game. 

In the end, I reached out to the wrong person. I was trying to play it like I could be 3rd party survivor to everyone in the game and then I ended up getting cleared as a result. I thought if I tried to reach out to scum, I could hint to them at being 3rd party so they wouldn’t hit me and would hit squire instead. 

Pickle wanted desperately to give me the vest but I thought I could push them to hit squire as I felt like he was telling the truth but you never truly know. So if he blocked the hit, we would know another person that was a killer. 

It didn’t end up working out but it was fun. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

In general, I armed town to the teeth because each scum team was armed to the teeth. In the end, it seems that the town investigators couldn't catch up to the powerful scum roles, though. Ultimately, @The Orca played kingmaker at the end of the game. Duras or Romulan could've won

I was hoping their redirect was like civs...a combo roleblock/limited redirect...knowing I may be wrong, I tried to bluff them as well on who to use it on...didnt work lol

7 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I messed up. I figured I'd be the Lynch the next day, when in fact, I was the safest person in the world. I should have sat on the hit. Left it 2-2-1 

6 minutes ago, The Orca said:

I was hoping their redirect was like civs...a combo roleblock/limited redirect...knowing I may be wrong, I tried to bluff them as well on who to use it on...didnt work lol

You should probably note Tomalak's ability. I'm a huge fan of it - its the ability of the Driver in the mafia i'm familiar with, one of my favorite roles. It will almost certainly make a reappearance when/if I host more games lol

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

You should probably Tomalak's ability. I'm a huge fan of it - its the ability of the Driver in the mafia i'm familiar with, one of my favorite roles. It will almost certainly make a reappearance when/if I host more games lol

The reason I like it, for the record, is not only is it insanely powerful but unlike the straight X to Y roleblock, it's flawed in that a) the user can't be protected by it and b) anyone can still target anyone. Granted, you have to predict the drive but if you do that, anyone is still targetable by anyone

1 hour ago, The Orca said:

Good game @TheKillerNacho

How many civs had a gun and did any use them?

I could hand them out. But let's run through this:

Moves that I had that worked-

I killed mookie

I invested touch

Moves that I put in that didn't work/had no effect on the game:

I tried to kill swag

I tried to kill counselor

I investigated dome

I disarmed TK3

I gave UNT a phaser

It kinda sucked because I was on point this game.

47 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

That’s the hard part with set ups, balance tends to depend on happenstance and it just so happened to not fall in Feds way at all this game. I wouldn’t say anything was necessarily off balance as it was set up, it just worked out that way due to no real cross kills. 

40% scum with 2 factions that had conversions was a little harsh for town. But overall awesome game.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Lmao I couldn’t get service to save my life. The first couple days there was a few spots I could go to if I smoked a cigarette and would have service briefly. The last day and a half seemed like I couldn’t get service to save my life. 

I even left with about 20 minutes before night, I think n4?, to try and make it to town to get service. 

Initially, I wasn’t sure who my telepathic connection would work with. I read online that there was some species that wouldn’t (and most seemed like bad guys) but I wasn’t positive. I was good with either finding scum or fed because I was going to claim 3rd party survivor no matter what. 

I ended up setting up a pretty good network of fed/civs to pass information to without scum finding out. It worked out pretty well as Feds had a good handle of things for most of the game. 

In the end, I reached out to the wrong person. I was trying to play it like I could be 3rd party survivor to everyone in the game and then I ended up getting cleared as a result. I thought if I tried to reach out to scum, I could hint to them at being 3rd party so they wouldn’t hit me and would hit squire instead. 

Pickle wanted desperately to give me the vest but I thought I could push them to hit squire as I felt like he was telling the truth but you never truly know. So if he blocked the hit, we would know another person that was a killer. 

It didn’t end up working out but it was fun. 

It was fun.  

• Like 1