STAR TREK: The Next Generation Mafia (Romulan Star Empire wins!)

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I could hand them out. But let's run through this:

Moves that I had that worked-

I killed mookie

I invested touch

Moves that I put in that didn't work/had no effect on the game:

I tried to kill swag

I tried to kill counselor

I investigated dome

I disarmed TK3

I gave UNT a phaser

It kinda sucked because I was on point this game.

40% scum with 2 factions that had conversions was a little harsh for town. But overall awesome game.

What happened to the kills, why did they fail? 

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

What happened to the kills, why did they fail? 

Counselor failed because someone moved my hit to forge.

Swag failed because Malf role locked us. 

Doesn't help that Mwil shot me and took my vest away, because I would have been able to red-letter dome n4. 

20 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Lmao I couldn’t get service to save my life. The first couple days there was a few spots I could go to if I smoked a cigarette and would have service briefly. The last day and a half seemed like I couldn’t get service to save my life. 

I even left with about 20 minutes before night, I think n4?, to try and make it to town to get service. 

Initially, I wasn’t sure who my telepathic connection would work with. I read online that there was some species that wouldn’t (and most seemed like bad guys) but I wasn’t positive. I was good with either finding scum or fed because I was going to claim 3rd party survivor no matter what. 

I ended up setting up a pretty good network of fed/civs to pass information to without scum finding out. It worked out pretty well as Feds had a good handle of things for most of the game. 

In the end, I reached out to the wrong person. I was trying to play it like I could be 3rd party survivor to everyone in the game and then I ended up getting cleared as a result. I thought if I tried to reach out to scum, I could hint to them at being 3rd party so they wouldn’t hit me and would hit squire instead. 

Pickle wanted desperately to give me the vest but I thought I could push them to hit squire as I felt like he was telling the truth but you never truly know. So if he blocked the hit, we would know another person that was a killer. 

It didn’t end up working out but it was fun. 

Fwiw, the vest wouldn't have saved you anyway. I still would have killed you. It was put to better use with squire, I think

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Fwiw, the vest wouldn't have saved you anyway. I still would have killed you. It was put to better use with squire, I think

Mightve, RNG mightve rolled his PADD (which was also in his inventory) so 50/50.

I didnt actually disclose what sabotaged PADDs do - all they do is unable to be read or be written into

For the record there was also a sabotaged version of the nanobots I didn't include in your Role PM(due to it being incredibly unlikely to ever exist in the game as a non-factrional item because the only way would be for Counselor to steal them and then have them sabotaged by you). The sabotaged Nanobots would've converted the target to House of Duras-aligned Borg Drone with sabotaged nanobots as well

This was a hidden mechanic that I figured would never come up, but I came up with the rules for sabotaged PADDs and nanobots anyway.

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

@squire12 i was trying to convert you, not kill you

i figured civilian would be the "third party" that my conversion required but never even considered that a BP vest could stop a conversion

This setup defined "attacks" as kill attempts and conversion attempts - meaning the Energy Vests still applied since they protected against all "attacks".

Otherwise, he would've been a valid target.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Mightve, RNG mightve rolled his PADD (which was also in his inventory) so 50/50.

I didnt actually disclose what sabotaged PADDs do - all they do is unable to be read or be written into

For the record there was also a sabotaged version of the nanobots I didn't include in your Role PM(due to it being incredibly unlikely for them to ever exist in the game because the only way would be for Counselor to steal them and then have them sabotaged by you). The sabotaged Nanobots would've converted the target to House of Duras-aligned Borg Drone with sabotaged nanobots as well

This was a hidden mechanic that I figured would never come up, but I came up with the rules for sabotaged PADDs and nanobots anyway.

Oh, didn't realize that. 

And damn, that would have been freaking awesome.