Broncos signing Brock Osweiler

Blackstar12

I would like to see him walk into that locker room come the next time there is a team practice. Yes he's richer than you, but he def burned some bridges with some teammates.

Here is a quote from an article here from Mar. 9, 2016

"According to Mike Klis of News 9 in Denver, the Broncos started to get a strong sense that Osweiler might sign elsewhere as far back as two weeks ago, when he cut off all communication from the team. Klis reports that Osweiler stopped returning phone calls from coaches and teammates entirely. Generally, this is a good sign a player's moving on. Still, John Elway and the Broncos offered him a four-year, $64 million contract ($16 million per year)."

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Hows he get a 3rd roind compensatory pick?

I don't know the full formula, but I know the value of the salary and playing time factor big into it, as well as any FAs that Denver signed in that timeframe (I don't think they got any big ticket guys that offseason).

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I don't know the full formula, but I know the value of the salary and playing time factor big into it, as well as any FAs that Denver signed in that timeframe (I don't think they got any big ticket guys that offseason).

They signed okung to a big deal

4 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

I honestly don't get how this dude keeps easily finding work. The only thing he has to offer is he's tall for the position and even then he doesn't utilize it because he still gets a ton of passes batted at the LOS

But Colin K. can't even sniff a job. Gotta love the absurdity that is the NFL.

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

It's kind of hilarious how hideous Elway is at evaluating QBs. If Peyton didn't bless him with his presence, buying enough time for that defense to build, not sure Elway even still has a job.

It makes perfect sense actually. He knows the system and they need a backup who probably play right away if their starter falters.

Archived