Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

50 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I have no idea how this has any relation to the post you quoted.

you were right about randall then being better as a safety, and you think you're right about him now.  I get that you're riling people up, but your position on Randall seems to be good riddance.

Others have the position, "tough look for the organization".  You're raising the anecdote about randall in the past to validate what seems to be current, independent flawed reasoning in the present.

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

you were right about randall then being better as a safety, and you think you're right about him now.  I get that you're riling people up, but your position on Randall seems to be good riddance.

Others have the position, "tough look for the organization".  You're raising the anecdote about randall in the past to validate what seems to be current, independent flawed reasoning in the present.

Literally nobody disagrees that it's a tough look for the organization.

Many people disagree that it was a bad trade.

10 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I've said plenty of times that the guy is a good coverage safety. His tackle rate was pretty good last year which shocks me after watching him the 3-4 Browns games I saw (the week 17 Ravens game must've killed that efficiency number). So I was wrong there, he's always been an ankle lunger so perhaps he got lucky for an extended period, that's still not how you tackle. In the end it's blatantly obvious that Mike Pettine has no interest in safeties that don't want to embrace physicality so he had no future here. We ranked a heat seeking missile of a safety as our #1 this draft and spent good money on a guy who calls himself "Smash" so it's apparent to see where our staffs' head is at. I'll never be a fan of the HHCD/Randall mold. It's acceptable at CB, but I'm not selling out 100% for coverage ability over tackling ability, physicality and tone setting at S. Guys like Thomas, Collins, Berry, Jamal Adams etc have shown that the top guys give you both.

The trade itself was sound in principle and no one will ever convince me that Kizer didn't have many desirable traits coming out. He very well could be broken after two lousy years of coaching, but if Gute was presented the option to trade a DB on his last year with no contract negotiations for a young day 1-2 QB, I'd hope he'd do it.

2 hours ago, Chili said:

If there was a dark horse candidate to make the 53 man roster it has to be Redmond.

It appears he started at gunner alongside Davis when Davis returned a couple of practices ago and is also fluctuating between the no1 and no2 defence during practices, probably due to nickle/dime packages and your typical player rotation.

ATM he is not on my final 53 however Campbell is but if Campbell remains on PUP then there could be an opening for him. Tbh there no real rush to activate Campbell so we could just simply wait until week 6 before we make any decision on him.

I don't even think Redmond is a dark horse candidate. He's probably gonna make it. 

He's been on the second team at safety all offseason and has been a top ST guy. Unless Jones figures his **** and Campbell gets healthy (neither looking likely) Redmond is competing with Raven Greene for the third safety spot. And Lord knows Redmond has the talent lean there.

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't even think Redmond is a dark horse candidate. He's probably gonna make it. 

He's been on the second team at safety all offseason and has been a top ST guy. Unless Jones figures his **** and Campbell gets healthy (neither looking likely) Redmond is competing with Raven Greene for the third safety spot. And Lord knows Redmond has the talent lean there.

I think Greene and Redmond both make it. The Burks injury likely makes the numbers work because I'm sure they'll go thin at ILB to start the season. 

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Redmond has to be second to Summers though in missed tackles through two games. It hasn't been pretty. I don't see him passing Greene for No. 3. 

6 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Redmond has to be second to Summers though in missed tackles through two games. It hasn't been pretty. I don't see him passing Greene for No. 3. 

"They pay me to cover, not to tackle. Don't you ever lower your shoulder at me." -Deion Sanders

12 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This is what I've seen as well. Highly noticeable player but not for the right reasons. Maybe we can get a castoff somewhere else for the fourth safety slot.

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

This is what I've seen as well. Highly noticeable player but not for the right reasons. Maybe we can get a castoff somewhere else for the fourth safety slot.

Has he? I need to go back and rewatch again. Shoot! 😂. I know Jamerson has been just god awful. I recall Tony just absolutely destroying Martinez in pursuit. I'm not recalling the misses with Redmond. Not that I dont believe yall.

I was thinking he was a shoe in for the roster.

17 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

That was pretty much everyone's position when he left. Come back to the topic after this coming year to see if can sustain the bump he got with his new surroundings.

17 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Literally nobody disagrees that it's a tough look for the organization.

Many people disagree that it was a bad trade.

I do. The guy was a malcontent, couldn't stay healthy, and then complained about everything. Regardless of what Kizer has done, you can't tell me with a straight face that he didn't benefit from getting traded from a toxic situation to another in which he had a better chance of succeeding at the time.

18 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Has he? I need to go back and rewatch again. Shoot! 😂. I know Jamerson has been just god awful. I recall Tony just absolutely destroying Martinez in pursuit. I'm not recalling the misses with Redmond. Not that I dont believe yall.

I was thinking he was a shoe in for the roster.

I was thinking he was as well, but he had a rough game against Baltimore. Penalties and being caught out of position were the bigger issues for him. I thought he had the talent lean as well, but he's having a rough camp. I hope he can turn it around in the last two games. Some of it may be rust, who knows.

A guy like Red is what makes the DB positional cuts so difficult.  I think he may indeed make the initial cut to 53 if Jones is not on the roster.  That being said, at least initially, I think Red gets cut.

The whole idea about Rodgers possibly not playing preseason football is a terrible idea. Preseason is an opportunity to work out the kinks especially with a brand new offence.

He's learning a new offence and he absolutely needs to be able to put into practice what he has learnt so far. Get into a rhythm/routine with the starting offence and with the playcaller. Any niggling issues that arises during the game can evaluated and corrected afterwards. By learning, putting it into action and working through problems we will be better prepared for the real NFL action.

By not playing any pre-season games Rodgers will get none of the benefits. He will  be flying blind having no idea what issues may crop up in the very first few NFL games and we're suddenly forced to adjust on the fly, cross your hearts and hope to die. It's a baaaad idea.

I would understand not playing preseason football if it was still the well established McCarthy's offence but not when it is with a brand new offence that really need some game time to iron out the kinks and get comfortable playing in it at NFL speed.

Simply put Rodgers needs to play some preseason football with the new offence under his belt. If Rodgers thinks he can get away with not playing any pre-season games he's just kidding himself. The most prepared team is the best team.

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

The whole idea about Rodgers possibly not playing preseason football is a terrible idea. Preseason is an opportunity to work out the kinks especially with a brand new offence.

He's learning a new offence and he absolutely needs to be able to put into practice what he has learnt so far. Get into a rhythm/routine with the starting offence and with the playcaller. Any niggling issues that arises during the game can evaluated and corrected afterwards. By learning, putting it into action and working through problems we will be better prepared for the real NFL action.

By not playing any pre-season games Rodgers will get none of the benefits. He will  be flying blind having no idea what issues may crop up in the very first few NFL games and we're suddenly forced to adjust on the fly, cross your hearts and hope to die. It's a baaaad idea.

I would understand not playing preseason football if it was still the well established McCarthy's offence but not when it is with a brand new offence that really need some game time to iron out the kinks and get comfortable playing in it at NFL speed.

Simply put Rodgers needs to play some preseason football with the new offence under his belt. If Rodgers thinks he can get away with not playing any pre-season games he's just kidding himself. The most prepared team is the best team.

Except all the live practice reps are doing the same thing for him. Hes missing literally 1 or 2 series per game. Like 10 passing downs total. I dont think it's much of a hindrance.

Archived