NFL will not suspend Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill

Buckweath

43 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is hilarious to me, because cowboy fans are mad that the same 'injustice' and overstepping of power did NOT occur this time around. 

Goodell screwed over zeke, so that means that he should screw everyone else over too? Isnt it possible that this is an omission that the Zeke case was mishandled 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, N4L said:

This is hilarious to me, because cowboy fans are mad that the same 'injustice' and overstepping of power did NOT occur this time around. 

Goodell screwed over zeke, so that means that he should screw everyone else over too? Isnt it possible that this is an omission that the Zeke case was mishandled 

This is hilarious to me. You are reading the situation completely backwards. We're upset at the double standard. It annoys us how badly they screwed up on Zeke in light of their Hill justification.

I have yet to see a cowboys fan clamor for Goodwill to "screw everyone over". 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is hilarious to me. You are reading the situation completely backwards. We're upset at the double standard. It annoys us how badly they screwed up on Zeke in light of their Hill justification.

I have yet to see a cowboys fan clamor for Goodwill to "screw everyone over". 

You are upset with how the zeke case was handled. You are also upset at the double standard with regards to how future cases have been handled. 

Don't you think that if zeke's case wouldn't have been such a lightning rod for teams/players, that Goodell would not be handling these cases the way he is now? So shouldn't you take solace in the fact his case changed the way players are disciplined, rather than be upset? 

misery loves company, I guess

• Like 3

Just now, N4L said:

You are upset with how the zeke case was handled. You are also upset at the double standard with regards to how future cases have been handled. 

Don't you think that if zeke's case wouldn't have been such a lightning rod for teams/players, that Goodell would not be handling these cases the way he is now? So shouldn't you take solace in the fact his case changed the way players are disciplined, rather than be upset? 

misery loves company, I guess

You are still twisting the thought process to fit your narrative that "misery loves company" or that we want "everyone else to be screwed". Its backassward logic that is only happening in your brain. No Cowboys fans (that I have seen) are trying to state that we want other players screwed. 

All we are saying is that this reaffirms our position that Zeke was screwed over. 

• Like 1

This, this exact situation, is why years of suspending people who "might" have done something, or were present when other people did things, or were "probably generally aware" of other people doing things, or who didn't do anything but looked like they did, or were accused of doing things by people after their money was a terrible, terrible, terrible idea.

When you suspend people on a totally adhoc basis, when you eventually draw a line and say "no suspension this time", you look like a massive hypocrite with totally arbitrary standards.

I'm not saying Hill should be suspended - I'm very much of the "no criminal charges, no suspension school" - but if Zeke gets suspended, and Brady gets suspended, and Big Ben gets suspended...then Hill gets suspended. Either "protecting the shield" means something, or it doesn't.

Couple this with the bizarrely stringent weed policy - where guys like Gordon and Bryant and Irving, talented players with no violent or criminal incidents are banned indefintely - and the NFL's "discipline" is rapidly making itself into a joke.

Edited by ChazStandard
  • Like 7

Hill probably offered the woman a chunk of his big contract he's about to get. 

Innocent until proven guilty. I'm neither mad nor surprised. 

I agree fully with @ChazStandard saying "I'm not saying Hill should be suspended - I'm very much of the "no criminal charges, no suspension school" - but if Zeke gets suspended, and Brady gets suspended, and Big Ben gets suspended...then Hill gets suspended. Either "protecting the shield" means something, or it doesn't."

41 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

This, this exact situation, is why years of suspending people who "might" have done something, or were present when other people did things, or were "probably generally aware" of other people doing things, or who didn't do anything but looked like they did, or were accused of doing things by people after their money was a terrible, terrible, terrible idea.

When you suspend people on a totally adhoc basis, when you eventually draw a line and say "no suspension this time", you look like a massive hypocrite with totally arbitrary standards.

I'm not saying Hill should be suspended - I'm very much of the "no criminal charges, no suspension school" - but if Zeke gets suspended, and Brady gets suspended, and Big Ben gets suspended...then Hill gets suspended. Either "protecting the shield" means something, or it doesn't.

Couple this with the bizarrely stringent weed policy - where guys like Gordon and Bryant and Irving, talented players with no violent or criminal incidents are banned indefintely - and the NFL's "discipline" is rapidly making itself into a joke.

Ideally this will set a trend of that. Zeke shouldn't have been suspended from the info that I saw.

But I was listening to local KC radio this afternoon. They said that Brady and Zeke didn't fully cooperate, which ultimately led to their suspensions. Brady wouldn't turn over his phone and Zeke wouldn't fully cooperate with interviews according to him. Hill fully cooperated, turned over his phone/messages, and sat with interviewers for 8 1/2 hours. I think that's what the big difference is between his non-suspension and the others who got them.

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Because this would have been such a disgusting act I don't think you could have said 2 games or 4 games it had to be all or nothing.

This is an interesting take. Its hard to come up with a logical explanation for this one outside of the idea that they viewed it as an all or nothing situation based on the severity of the accusation. It explains why Zeke still got games despite Hill having prior history in the same area. It explains why the smoke didnt constitute fire for them on this despite using it as a reason to lay down suspensions multiple times in the past. 

Also I have seen some people posting that the lack of evidence clears him. Lets be very clear here. THE NFL had a lack of evidence because the investigation did not make it available. Evidence exists, the NFL just couldnt get their grimey hands on it. 

As more and more info came out the more I thought that Hill was not  to blame. Hopefully this is true, and he and his son can get back to having a relatively normal relationship. I hope the Chiefs and NFL are providing sitters, councilors, and anything and everything Hill needs to continue on.

I can't wait to hear Arrowhead roaring again as Tyreek makes another great play!

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This is an interesting take. Its hard to come up with a logical explanation for this one outside of the idea that they viewed it as an all or nothing situation based on the severity of the accusation. It explains why Zeke still got games despite Hill having prior history in the same area. It explains why the smoke didnt constitute fire for them on this despite using it as a reason to lay down suspensions multiple times in the past. 

Also I have seen some people posting that the lack of evidence clears him. Lets be very clear here. THE NFL had a lack of evidence because the investigation did not make it available. Evidence exists, the NFL just couldnt get their grimey hands on it. 

How much control does the County DA have over what evidence is available to those not involved in the case? Because I would imagine there are some Chiefs fans in that building.... '

Tyreek is a scumbag and the way the NFL handled this is embarrassing. Thought precedent was pretty clear here. Chiefs should see a return to the playoffs with another collapse in Andy Reid fashion.