Why the heck do you still root for the Skins?

KewlBeanz

4 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

A Man’s Gotta have a Code

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/magazine/why-does-anyone-root-for-incompetent-failing-teams.html

Jim Croce had a really good one:

You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't mess around with Doc

Quick question: do you have a rag top Cadillac?

5 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

I love the Skins,I'd prefer a different owner,but that doesn't mean we would be any better.

I'm perfectly willing to try the grass on the other side. I know for a fact the stuff over here is toxic.

• Like 2

It's nearly impossible to quit a sports team you love. I honestly don't know how people ever quit their favorite sports team, they probably really don't but just start caring a little less.

I was a late 70s baby - 1979 to be exact - and when I first realized what football was the Redskins were winning their 2nd super bowls in 87-88 and then won their 3rd in 91-92 when I was in 6th grade and 11 years old. 

They’ll have my heart forever bc of those two seasons/memories.

What I don't understand is how someone who never experienced the Redskins winning like that bc they were too young or weren't even born can remain a fan other than they're just DC sports fans period, and/or family/friends are all fans too.

If it wasn't for my friends being big-time Redskins fans in 1st grade and then the Redskins winning Super Bowl XXII when I was 8, I wouldn't be a diehard Redskins fan at all, I’d be a Steelers diehard fan bc that's what my parents were when they moved from SE Ohio in 1978.