2020 Draft Thread

Forge

7 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

If there is one position players have had bigger drops than expected not based on Injury or off field concerns it has been CB the last few year.

I could agree with this, my only issue is Okudah has been looked at as a top 3-5 prospect, i just dont see him lasting past 10, someone will jump up.

IF he does last until #13, we pull the trigger and draft our WR at #31 or trade back, that would be a success to me. I REALLY like Okudah, I just never entertained the idea of us being in striking distance. 

2 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I could agree with this, my only issue is Okudah has been looked at as a top 3-5 prospect, i just dont see him lasting past 10, someone will jump up.

IF he does last until #13, we pull the trigger and draft our WR at #31 or trade back, that would be a success to me. I REALLY like Okudah, I just never entertained the idea of us being in striking distance. 

Oh i totally agree with what you say. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Oh i totally agree with what you say. 

Yeah, at this point, im sure I have mocked a ton of different people to us and have said I 'love' a lot of different prospects, But I also never take into account those top 10 guys that I never thought would fall to #13, and usually someone will fall...i just dont expect it to be Okudah. If he did fall to us

Round 1 #13 - Okudah

#31 trade back into early second and maybe grab Ross Blacklock and grab our WR with our next pick OR grab our WR with our second rounder instead of Blacklock

26 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

The only reason I would say that it's possible is that we just saw this happen a couple of years ago. Lattimore was widely seen as a top 5, maybe even top 3-4 guy, and he slipped. Go back to that draft thread, and a lot of people wanted Lattimore / Hooker with our pick at #2. So I think it's possible, just don't think it's likely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Gotta think we are playing the media smoke game very well.

I like Kinlaw but I'd definitely trade back with ATL if they want to come up for him. Pick 13 for pick 16 and 78. 

11 hours ago, Hopper15 said:

Not me. Buckner is gone and Jones may be out of our price range a year from now.

I want us to add depth to our interior line, but as @J-ALL-DAY said, having a ridiculously deep DL is a luxury, not a requirement. We're also looking at the possibility of having massive turnover in our secondary and offensive line next year. We need to prepare for that because Corner and OT are far more important than a 1tech or second UT. 

• Like 1

woah.... must be cancelling his subscription @Forge

( :P )

One scout told The Athletic's Bob McGinn he believes Baylor WR Denzel Mims is "better than CeeDee Lamb and maybe better than Jerry Jeudy."

"He can really go up and make acrobatic plays on the ball.  He showed at the Senior Bowl he can beat press coverage and get open at the top of routes," the scout continued.  "He’s bigger, faster, longer.  You’ve got a chance to really hit on Mims."  Opinions were split on Mims among the 17 executives/scouts McGinn interviewed, as Mims was voted the second-most likely wideout to become a bust, behind only Colorado's Laviska Shenault.  “He’s an outside receiver.  He’s going to need a lot of work on how to run routes.  He has tight shoulders. Better high-ball catcher than low-ball catcher.  More of a 400-meter guy.  He’s got inconsistent hands. He’s going to need work on how to get off press.  He’s just got average body control," said a different scout.  "I got him in the second round.”  Mims flew up draft boards after a strong Senior Bowl and Combine.

SOURCE: The Athletic

So, it is official. Mims gets selected top 10, heads explode, and the 49ers have a little Lamb?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

woah.... must be cancelling his subscription @Forge

( :P )

So, it is official. Mims gets selected top 10, heads explode, and the 49ers have a little Lamb?

Oof. I mean, his physical profile absolutely gives him the chance to be the best receiver in this class when all is said and done,  but I don't see the best receiver right now, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oof. I mean, his physical profile absolutely gives him the chance to be the best receiver in this class when all is said and done,  but I don't see the best receiver right now, that's for sure. 

He's a taxi squad guy 100%

Honestly, I don't have a ton of interest in moving down from 13. Before the picks roll off the board, there I think that there is a chance that there's a decent difference in the players available from between 13 and like 17. 

I'd much rather move down from like 31 to 41, where the difference is going to be considerably more narrow in my view, and pick up a third round pick for that. That's really all we need. We don't need multiple picks. If we trade out of 31 for a 2 + 3, we have a 1 (13th), 2, 3 and 2 #5s. I think thats fine. We really aren't missing much without a 4. 

So I want to keep the higher pick at 13 with the talent available there. 

• Like 6