2020 Draft Thread

Forge

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I don't have a ton of interest in moving down from 13. Before the picks roll off the board, there I think that there is a chance that there's a decent difference in the players available from between 13 and like 17. 

I'd much rather move down from like 31 to 41, where the difference is going to be considerably more narrow in my view, and pick up a third round pick for that. That's really all we need. We don't need multiple picks. If we trade out of 31 for a 2 + 3, we have a 1 (13th), 2, 3 and 2 #5s. I think thats fine. We really aren't missing much without a 4. 

So I want to keep the higher pick at 13 with the talent available there. 

100% agree with this. Obviously you can find talent anywhere in the draft, but I really like the guys that are projected to be around at pick #13. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

woah.... must be cancelling his subscription @Forge

( :P )

So, it is official. Mims gets selected top 10, heads explode, and the 49ers have a little Lamb?

As long as we're not the team that takes Mims that high. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I don't have a ton of interest in moving down from 13. Before the picks roll off the board, there I think that there is a chance that there's a decent difference in the players available from between 13 and like 17. 

I'd much rather move down from like 31 to 41, where the difference is going to be considerably more narrow in my view, and pick up a third round pick for that. That's really all we need. We don't need multiple picks. If we trade out of 31 for a 2 + 3, we have a 1 (13th), 2, 3 and 2 #5s. I think thats fine. We really aren't missing much without a 4. 

So I want to keep the higher pick at 13 with the talent available there. 

With multiple QB going top 10 I believe a top 10 talent will be there for us at 13. Now I think we should stay put and draft the best guy available but I also wouldn't rule out a trade down(no more than 2-3 spots) to add that 2nd or 3rd rd pick. Yeah after that I agree with u on 1 trade back and we're good. Come away with 3 players in the top 100+ picks would be nice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

100% agree with this. Obviously you can find talent anywhere in the draft, but I really like the guys that are projected to be around at pick #13. 

#13 is a great spot in this particular draft...seemingly right at the end of a tier of talent, which is generally where the best value lies.

I don't want Mims at #13 under any circumstances, but I'd be very intrigued if they took him at #31. He's got the highest ceiling in the draft, and could be a Terrell Owens type if he really hits. Those aren't guys you take at #13, but I've got nothing against the dude if Kyle likes him.

So Eagles are trying to get in the top 11? Solid chance the top three WRs are gone by our pick. If four QBs go in the top 13, then we should be able to get one of the top tackles or possibly Henderson. Not the worst of things but if the tackles are gone as well? Then I think the team tries to trade down. 

If the Eagles trade up, are we thinking they go to #9 or #10? Jacksonville can continue to stockpile draft picks as they are rebuilding and the Browns may want to move down if the tackle they want is not available. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think its clear the draft media has drawn a line after the top 4 wr. After Jefferson gets drafted(assuming he's 4th) I could see a scenario where the next wr doesn't go off the board until the 2nd rd. 

2 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Hopefully that fails. Lamb is my dream pick at #13.

Agreed! The top 10 or 12 picks are going to be interesting. A lot of teams are rumored to trade up for one of the qbs or a d-lineman and now you have teams wanting to trade up for one of the top receivers. I really want Lamb, but it honestly sounds like someone is going to drop into our laps that we didn’t expect. I also read that Arizona may target Lamb as well because Murray has been talking him up. Granted it maybe a smoke screen because they have more pressing needs, but does that mean the Eagles would have to jump in front of them?! That would be a lot of trade capital to give up. 

6 hours ago, StevenK said:

Agreed! The top 10 or 12 picks are going to be interesting. A lot of teams are rumored to trade up for one of the qbs or a d-lineman and now you have teams wanting to trade up for one of the top receivers. I really want Lamb, but it honestly sounds like someone is going to drop into our laps that we didn’t expect. I also read that Arizona may target Lamb as well because Murray has been talking him up. Granted it maybe a smoke screen because they have more pressing needs, but does that mean the Eagles would have to jump in front of them?! That would be a lot of trade capital to give up. 

I think the Lamb to ARI talk was happening more before the traded for Nuk, but you never know; crazier things have happened.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sherm said:

I think its clear the draft media has drawn a line after the top 4 wr. After Jefferson gets drafted(assuming he's 4th) I could see a scenario where the next wr doesn't go off the board until the 2nd rd. 

It seems that way, but I still think Mims and Reagor could go in the first. I also think Aiyuk is being slept on as well.

If we took Wirfs or Thomas at 13, I'd be cool with trading down and getting Reagor or Aiyuk at the top of the second, if they're still there.

11 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Hopefully that fails. Lamb is my dream pick at #13.

What is odd is listening this morning to Candlestick Chronicles from Apr 7, Chris Biderman speaking so firmly on how Lamb isn't the ideal fit in SF... yet Jeudy and even Ruggs are. That Lamb does too much of what Deebo's all about, and how that (in his line of thinking) is not a great thing? :/ 

On another note, I agree with @Ronnie's Pinky about Mims as a #31 overall option. The only two WRs at #13 that I'd be ecstatic with are Lamb and Ruggs. 

( just okay on Jeudy at 13 )

• Like 2

This is an A++ article on WR's in this class: https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/4/16/21223080/49ers-ranking-the-20-best-receivers-in-the-nfl-draft

The more I think about it, the more I want to double up on WR's in this draft.

I'm all aboard the Jeudy or Lamb at 13 train, but I'm really liking Reagor and Aiyuk in the second. I think Reagor is a fringe-1st rounder and wouldn't be surprised if a team took him at the end of round 1. I also wouldn't be surprised if he's sitting there in the 35-45 range either. I think Aiyuk is a mid to late 2nd rounder.

I'm really starting to love Devin Duvernay from Texas. The more I read about him the more I love. Elite hands, Deebo-level toughness, speed for days, and great route running out of the slot. 

I'm also a huge fan of Michael Pittman. He's being slept on, but he could be an impact outside WR pretty quickly. 

• Like 2