Raiders officially release Antonio Brown

Steelersfan43

1 minute ago, PFM18 said:

I think it depends on how much they value the player. Don't want any grudges if you want someone to stick around long term. 

In this case though, Mayock and AB seem to be on very different levels at the moment. Don't see this one being waived whatsoever, and I wouldn't imagine any other team in this situation would waive it either. 

He's just been a PR headache for the Raiders this offseason. Just their luck Hard Knocks was around too. 

What's kinda funny to me was Hard Knocks kinda played off Gruden's part like he was joking and AB's part like "well this was all agreed on".  

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

I mean could they have all 4? no probably not. 
Could they of kept Mack and still traded a 3rd for AB yes. 
But if they did that, they wouldnt of been able to afford trent brown.. 

Which is why I said its not Mack over AB...
its Mack or AB, the 2 1st round picks and other FAs lol

Actually, with Mack's current contract, he would fit under the Raiders 2019 cap. They have 13M in cap space, Mack's cap hit is 11.9.(But it's over 26M for the following 3 years.)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dome said:

I'm glad he went with the reasonable  decision and just got a new helmet.

It would've been a circus if he had let this draw out for too long. 

You can tell me I'm wearing a tin foil hat but:

I think he's broke.  Steelers already advanced him money two other times, refused to do it again, forces his way out.  Gets to a new team, demands more money.  Realizes no one will pay him endorsement money anymore, so pulls the helmet stunt not as a "I like the old one" but as a "someone will pay me".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think he's broke.  Steelers already advanced him money two other times, refused to do it again, forces his way out.  Gets to a new team, demands more money.  Realizes no one will pay him endorsement money anymore, so pulls the helmet stunt not as a "I like the old one" but as a "someone will pay me".

...I can see him as somebody who isn't exactly financially sound. This makes a ton of sense.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, warfelg said:

I never thought of this, but did you learn about this when you bought that silly roll royce off him :D. He wouldn't be the first high profile nfl player to waste away their fortune, not the last either. 

Edited by 3rivers