Texans waive RB D'Onta Foreman; signed by Colts

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Another reason I didn't want Minnesota to draft Alex Mattinson.

What drives me nuts is this - in the 3rd round, the Texans drafted Kahale Warring, who would be TE #5 on the roster (Ryan Griffin would be cut, but you still had Jordan Thomas, Jordan Akins and FA Daniel Fells on the team).

The very next pick, Belly/Caserio and the Pats drafted Damian Harris. 

If you knew that Foreman was on thin ice (because laziness isn't something you observe overnight, and you don't cut a guy for walking in late to ONE meeting - this has been building for a while) why draft ANOTHER TE when you had a highly rated RB just waiting for you - and checks all of the boxes (because we know BOBs checklist is basically still printed on Patriots letterhead)?

Everything about this is so friggin frustrating. It's not even about Foreman, it's about boneheaded management.

I'm fully expecting the Texans to lose the London game because of poor planning with travel - they're gonna book the wrong week to fly out to London, that's how disorganized this franchise is right now.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

What drives me nuts is this - in the 3rd round, the Texans drafted Kahale Warring, who would be TE #5 on the roster (Ryan Griffin would be cut, but you still had Jordan Thomas, Jordan Akins and FA Daniel Fells on the team).

The very next pick, Belly/Caserio and the Pats drafted Damian Harris. 

If you knew that Foreman was on thin ice (because laziness isn't something you observe overnight, and you don't cut a guy for walking in late to ONE meeting - this has been building for a while) why draft ANOTHER TE when you had a highly rated RB just waiting for you - and checks all of the boxes (because we know BOBs checklist is basically still printed on Patriots letterhead)?

Everything about this is so friggin frustrating. It's not even about Foreman, it's about boneheaded management.

I'm fully expecting the Texans to lose the London game because of poor planning with travel - they're gonna book the wrong week to fly out to London, that's how disorganized this franchise is right now.

"It's a flatter organization with a faster management style. The organization is totally re-energized with a team-based approach and new leadership based on sub programs with each sub program being fully optimized as a goal." 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jaytrajik said:

"It's a flatter organization with a faster management style. The organization is totally re-energized with a team-based approach and new leadership based on sub programs with each sub program being fully optimized as a goal." 

In English: We're making this up as we move forward. But, we're gonna try hard, because if we learned anything from the movie Little Giants (starring Rick Moranis and Al Bundy) is that wins are just pure luck and trying hard. 

• Like 2

our starter is lamar miller and the rest of our RB corps are an assortment of potato chips. This was his job in the bag. I hope someone gives him a shot and he uses this as motivation but i just feel like we should have seen more from him by now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

why dont you like mckinnon? he seems tailor made for that system

He is very expensive and we have a few other guys who can carry the ball. Breida, Tevin Coleman, and a guy named Roheem Mostert

5 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

why dont you like mckinnon? he seems tailor made for that system

I've never been a huge fan as I don't think he's great at actually running the football. That being said, it's not really about him as a player, it's more about I don't know what we can do with him at this point. Coleman is basically the default 1A as he is probably the best all around running back on the roster. Matt Breida is a little beast. His body can't withstand the workload of a 1A, but as a 1b, he's going to be good to spell Coleman. He was basically at the top of the NFL in YPC for most of the season and finished 4th after suffering some injuries that hindered him at the end of the season (his last three games, while he was hurt, he rushed only 26 times for 76 yards which brought down the average as prior to that he was averaging 5.8 yards per carry over 127 attempts). Mostert is one of the best special team gunners in the NFL, and we learned last year that if he doesn't fumble, he can actually run the football okay (limited number of carries, obviously as he only had 34, but he averaged nearly 8 yards a carry). So he's going to be active because of the special teams contributions. Juice Check is the full back and will be active as well. Logic would suggest that we don't carry 5 active running backs on the game day roster, and the odd man out seems like to be Jet at this point. 

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

This definitely seems like a move that could backfire for the Texans. I've always thought he had the potential to be a high end starting RB in the NFL. 

The talk from TC is that Foreman hasn't found any of his explosion and straight line speed after his achilles tear. He's now a plodder who was having issues with finding the hole (which is another concern in itself). 

A significant injury like that is an incredibly hard recovery, even with a person with great work ethic. If the chatter is true and Foreman missed meetings AND didn't show the same talent he had coming out of UT, he'd be hard pressed to match those lofty aspirations following such an injury.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

The talk from TC is that Foreman hasn't found any of his explosion and straight line speed after his achilles tear. He's now a plodder who was having issues with finding the hole (which is another concern in itself). 

A significant injury like that is an incredibly hard recovery, even with a person with great work ethic. If the chatter is true and Foreman missed meetings AND didn't show the same talent he had coming out of UT, he'd be hard pressed to match those lofty aspirations following such an injury.

Maybe he never regains his pre-injury form. If that's the case, then it may be the right call down the road. As of now, it still seems like the Texans are taking a bit of a risk here as he was on a cheap contract with little to lose by keeping him around. There aren't many RB's that had his rare combo of size/speed (prior to injury) in the NFL. I really hope he can regain that explosion if it's not back yet as he was fun to watch at Texas.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...