All things Antonio Brown: from Helmet to Feet

Silver&Black88

I'm kinda with AB here. Why the f would you agree to have him apologize and cry in front of the team? Why come out with Jon Gruden all smiling and happy saying he will play? Ab making a statement apologizing, just to a day later void his guarantees?

Did they really believe AB was sorry enough to play on a non guaranteed contract? Everybody knew he wasn't gonna do that. Everybody knew why he was crying was to save his money. Yesterday looks terrible not only on ABs part, but the Raiders as well. The moment you decided to void his deal he should've been cut right then and there because there was no way he was going to play on a week to week deal. You're just asking for more trouble. 

Dont get me wrong, I'm happy we avoided his deal but I just dont get the way it was handled. Everybody wants to blame AB and rightfully so, but with literally any other organization this would've been nipped in the bud a looong time ago. Gruden plays into the drama and adds to it. They really do deserve each other. 

I now don’t wanna release him. I wanna keep him on the roster without guarantees so he has to retire. This scumbag deserves nothing. 

Let him rot. 

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I'm kinda with AB here. Why the f would you agree to have him apologize and cry in front of the team? Why come out with Jon Gruden all smiling and happy saying he will play? Ab making a statement apologizing, just to a day later void his guarantees?

Did they really believe AB was sorry enough to play on a non guaranteed contract? Everybody knew he wasn't gonna do that. Everybody knew why he was crying was to save his money. Yesterday looks terrible not only on ABs part, but the Raiders as well. The moment you decided to void his deal he should've been cut right then and there because there was no way he was going to play on a week to week deal. You're just asking for more trouble. 

Dont get me wrong, I'm happy we avoided his deal but I just dont get the way it was handled. Everybody wants to blame AB and rightfully so, but with literally any other organization this would've been nipped in the bud a looong time ago. Gruden plays into the drama and adds to it. They really do deserve each other. 

It was voided after the phone call which was the final straw. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

It was voided after the phone call which was the final straw. 

Mortensen reported the Raiders were amused by that video, and didnt really care much at all.

It must've been voided due to the Mayock situation, which makes more sense. But why have him come back and apologize to the team, tell everyone hes going to play, have him make a statement knowing that you're going to void his guarantees which is going to set him off again.  Seems very counterintuitive 

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Mortensen reported the Raiders were amused by that video, and didnt really care much at all.

It must've been voided due to the Mayock situation, which makes more sense. But why have him come back and apologize to the team, tell everyone hes going to play, have him make a statement knowing that you're going to void his guarantees which is going to set him off again.  Seems very counterintuitive 

Stop believing everything you hear. They were amused in a “omg this guy has issues” kind of way. It was the last straw. 

I see where both sides are coming from. I see where the Raiders are coming from by protecting themselves from any blow ups during the season. I also see where Brown is coming from because those Guarantees are the only part of the contract that is 100 percent there’s. When you take that away your playing week to week. With no finical safety net.  

Just now, BayRaider said:

Stop believing everything you hear. They were amused in a “omg this guy has issues” kind of way. It was the last straw. 

They fined him for conduct detrimental to the team. I find it hard to believe they can void a 30 million dollar contract for a 15 second clip of a phone call. I doubt that would hold up in court.

What's more believable is the conduct they were referring to was him threatening his GM, calling him a racial slur and kicking footballs over the fences. 

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

They fined him for conduct detrimental to the team. I find it hard to believe they can void a 30 million dollar contract for a 15 second clip of a phone call. I doubt that would hold up in court.

What's more believable is the conduct they were referring to was him threatening his GM, calling him a racial slur and kicking footballs over the fences. 

It was a collection of events. Not just one. The main one being the Mayock situation and final straw being the illegally recorded phone call. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

It was a collection of events. Not just one. The main one being the Mayock situation and final straw being the illegally recorded phone call. 

We'll see. But if the fine was only due to the Mayock situation, I blame the Raiders for foolishly believing they could have him play for the team after voiding his deal. 

Either way this is a freaking circus. Even Al Davis with his overhead projector would be baffled at this dysfunction.