Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

DeMarcus Cousins when asked if he expects to start with the Lakers: "I'm just coming in and doing whatever I can to help the team, go to the next level and win games."

DeMarcus Cousins on Lakers roster: "Our job is to come together. Mesh. Get on the same page. Build the chemistry. Go out and win games. But as far as on paper, we look great."

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

Yahoo Sports: LeBron's plan to gift AD his No. 23 jersey will be postponed for a season due to "production issues."

James had wanted to give his new Los Angeles Lakers teammate the No. 23 — which Davis had worn for his entire career in New Orleans — for the 2019-20 season.

When the Lakers inquired with the league about the jersey change, they were informed the March 15 deadline had past, sources close to the situation told Yahoo Sports. However, the league would have allowed it if the team were able to work it out with Nike, the manufacturer of the jersey, sources said.

But due to production issues and the massive financial hit Nike would have absorbed from the No. 23 James inventory that’s already been produced, Nike could not accommodate the request for this season, sources said.

Out of consideration for fans who already purchased James’ jersey and to avoid distractions for a team competing for a championship, the Lakers star will bypass seeking the number change for this season.

On 7/8/2019 at 6:51 PM, chiefs82 said:

PG: LeBron James
SG: Danny Green
SF: Kyle Kuzma
PF: Anthony Davis 
C: Demarcus Cousins

JaVale McGee
Avery Bradley
Quinn Cook
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Troy Daniels
Alex Caruso
Jared Dudley
Talen Horton-Tucker

That's night and day from last year

What about Rondo? He'll be the ball handler for the second unit.

I think the others were right with their lineups too.

Bron - Bradley - Green - AD - Javale

Off the Bench - Rondo - Boogie - Kuzma 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MossyMoss said:

I have 0 knowledge of cap space situation any chance we can get Chris Paul if the somehow he restructures his contract? Would be a long time coming!

You can't restructure contracts like in the NFL.

The Lakers can't get Chris Paul without trading LeBron, AD, or the entire rest of the roster.