How are those rookies doing?

Chiefer

26 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Wrong rookie WR if you want to use that title.

... why?

PFF Grade

McLaurin: 85.7

Brown: 84.0

Receiving Stats

1st Downs Per Game:

McLaurin: 3.1 1stDPG

Brown: 2.4 1stDPG

Yards Per Game:

McLaurin: 66 YPG

Brown: 66 YPG

TD's Per Game:

McLaurin: 0.5 TDPG

Brown: 0.5 TDPG

Catch Percentage:

McLaurin: 62.4%

Brown: 61.9%

Also, one guy was playing with a carousel of 3 below-average QB's (if we're being kind), while the other guy was playing with the QB who led the league in passer rating.

18 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

... why?

PFF Grade

McLaurin: 85.7

Brown: 84.0

Receiving Stats

1st Downs Per Game:

McLaurin: 3.1 1stDPG

Brown: 2.4 1stDPG

Yards Per Game:

McLaurin: 66 YPG

Brown: 66 YPG

TD's Per Game:

McLaurin: 0.5 TDPG

Brown: 0.5 TDPG

Catch Percentage:

McLaurin: 62.4%

Brown: 61.9%

Also, one guy was playing with a carousel of 3 below-average QB's (if we're being kind), while the other guy was playing with the QB who led the league in passer rating.

Dear lord what cherry picking. If you think McLaurin was better than AJ Brown, I don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong.

• Like 1

I would put AJ Brown above Terry McLaurin.  He's been an absolute monster after the catch, hasn't been a full fledged starter as long, and is on a team that prefers to let their absolute monster of a RB run the ball.  McLaurin is great too, and regrettably, Metcalf too, and there are reasonable arguments that any of the three are the best rookie receiver.

If you want to pretend that there's no argument that AJ Brown is better than McLaurin or vice versa, you're just being homery.

Other Titans rookies are doing very well.  Simmons will be an absolute monster next season, but has some behavior problems, it looks like.

Nate Davis has made a big jump toward the end of the season.  I expect he'll have the RG position locked down for years.

Amari Hooker looks like he'll develop into a starter quality DB as soon as he gets the playing time for it.

David Long has actually looked fantastic at the end of the season.  Huge improvements.

And as a UDFA, Derrick Roberson has suddenly become a factor.  Isaiah Mack was the one I thought I'd be raving about by season's end, but dang, Roberson looks like he'll make the cut at edge rusher next season.

The draft just looks better and better every game.

Edited by Daniel